Farming In Thailand

ArranP

This has nothing to do with the present topic, I live outside of Lat Yao about 50 kilometers from Nakhon Sawan. I am interested in purchasing fresh milk in small amounts, for home made butter and cheese.

Khonwan in your many years do you know of anyone selling cow or goats milk in the Nakhon Sawan, Lat Yao

or Sawang Arom area..

Thanks for any info, Kikoman

Hi kikoman

I’m not aware of any dairy cattle/goats in west Nakhon Sawan. There are many small dairy farms in Amphur Takfa though.

Rgds

Khonwan

• 2 months later...

Hi there

I have bought 100rai of land and has eucalyptus trees on. very young. ! year. I am planning to put all the land under rubber trees. I need to remove the eucalyptus. I have advice from my family in law. They want to use a lot of labor and time to do this.

My idea is to get eartmoving machine in and clean the place in a couple of days.

Please advice what will be the best in Thailand and the most cost efficient. The present estemated cost including planing the trees is TB 500 000

Hi there

I have bought 100rai of land and has eucalyptus trees on. very young. ! year. I am planning to put all the land under rubber trees. I need to remove the eucalyptus. I have advice from my family in law. They want to use a lot of labor and time to do this.

My idea is to get eartmoving machine in and clean the place in a couple of days.

Please advice what will be the best in Thailand and the most cost efficient. The present estemated cost including planing the trees is TB 500 000

That smells... I have to correct myself here: it reeks of rotten fish.

do the maths. 500.000,- baht for this job on 100 rai. I presume a day rate of 200 baht per person.

You have effectively paid for 2500 working days if you choose that option.

Even 50.000 baht seems to be on the high side for me since it will provide you with 250 working days

Get someone you trust to do the negotiaten with the guy that is going to do the job.

Regards

EDIT:

-------

Didn't see that the rubber trees were included in this but I still recommend to do the maths.

Read around here about eucalyptus farming and find out the planting pattern and aproximately prices.

Get a price quotation on the saplings from the dealers for the numbers you are putting down.

Edited by c64

Baht 5000 per rai - to clear of 1y old eucalyptus, and then replant with rubber - what does it cost?

Does this 5k include the cost of purchasing the rubber trees, does it include fertiliser? What is the cost per day of renting the earthmover? - couldn't you get a large tractor to rip the eucalyptus out (would be cheaper but a little slower than hiring a earthmover?). How many labourers are you employing to replant and at what rate per labourer per day?

What about the pile of eucalyptus trees left behind afterwards - what are you doing with them - paying to remove them (firewood?) or going to let the whole pile rot down?

I've been offered 100 rai for 800,000 near Mae Poen (NS); 70 rai of rubber, 30 rai of rice, cassava and corn. I haven't found out the title as yet but presume it's Sor Por Gor. This sounds very cheap but as Maizefarmer has mentioned before SPG is not a good investment. The land isn't owned by a family member but my wife says the name can be changed to hers by the Amphur is this correct or can problems be foreseen?