Expat Offshore Investing Question

I am new to this site and to Thailand.

My family and I moved from the US. For past 8 years I have owned and run my own US Registered Investment Advisory firm in the US which is licensed, bonded, and highly regulated. I use a discount brokerage company where all client funds are held in their name and they have access to their accounts online. (Transparency and low fees).

Since living in Thailand I have been asked by expats (UK, France, Australia citizens) living in Thailand and Vietnam how I can invest their assets. I have not been able to answer them because I simply do not know the answer. I do know the US brokerage firm I use will not let me open accounts for citizens from Iran, Sudan, Cuba, North Korea, Syria, Burma/Myanmar, Russia, Australia, Canada, and the UK.

Recently reading on this site I have learned about these large insurance type companies in Thailand that use offshore products but they are very expensive, often have hidden fees and commissions, 5-8 year lock in periods and surrender charges.

Is there any other option for the expat investor?

Question:

1) Do I need to be licensed in Asia to provide financial advice for expats?

2) Is there a brokerage firm available to expats in which they could open an account offshore to get the tax savings while allowing me to make decision on their behalf?

3) How can I provide transparent, legal and honest advisory services for expats and NOT be affiliated with these large insurance type companies?

Any input or websites you can send me too is welcomed.

Thank you for reading and your input.