Kawasaki Ninja 250 - New Thread, 12/2008

PeaceBlondie

Tested out my absolute top speed on the Ninja I got now and that was 182 km/h on the speedo, I was laying on the tank to achieve it and Trent was behind me on his flying fridge and confirming the speed. That is not bad at all, can imagine with the new sprocket I will manage a tad more maybe.

Cheers Bard

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Anthony. it's the wrong amount of red if the rev limiter comes in at 14,500. should be green up to about 11,000 then into the yellow up to 12,500. then start the red. also on the temp gauge should be less green and a bit more yellow.

They look ok though, personally i would stick with stock cos i like to see them clearly (so maybe a white outline around the numbers). Allan

Fitted my new tires today, and WOW how much better the bike is now folks. Got Pirelli Dragon Supercorsa Pro ZR set 110/70-17 front and 150/60-17 rear, I love it the tires is so sticky it's incredible. Well worth the upgrade.

Cheers Bard

Bought it fitted by Highsidetours (Graham) on Bira track for 9,400,- Baht this is the recommended track / road tire. Simon installed the same kit and the first thing you notice is the smooth riding after, all the small bumps disappear due to softer compound, incredible grip and the bike is way more stable in crosswind etc. Another thing worth while mentioning these tires are noticeably much lighter than the stock plastic ones. The stock I just refer to as teflon tires...

A bit expensive as you can get the BT 090's for a tad over 7000 baht, but I am very pleased with them and just the relaxed riding after when you can thrust the tires is worth it. Not fun to sit tensed up riding, just waiting for the next slide...

Cheers Bard

Bought it fitted by Highsidetours (Graham) on Bira track for 9,400,- Baht this is the recommended track / road tire. Simon installed the same kit and the first thing you notice is the smooth riding after, all the small bumps disappear due to softer compound, incredible grip and the bike is way more stable in crosswind etc. Another thing worth while mentioning these tires are noticeably much lighter than the stock plastic ones. The stock I just refer to as teflon tires...

A bit expensive as you can get the BT 090's for a tad over 7000 baht, but I am very pleased with them and just the relaxed riding after when you can thrust the tires is worth it. Not fun to sit tensed up riding, just waiting for the next slide...

Cheers Bard

Muchas gracias señor.  For those who are also interested, here's the contact information for Highsidetours.

I'm chuffed to bits with the new Pirelli's. The ride is so much smoother and I'm sure that with the increased grip they're gonna shave a good few seconds off of our BIRA lap times.

Talking of lap times, I was looking at the starline GPS lap timers and then found a much cheaper alterntive (free in fact) - http://www.racechrono.com. You'll need a Nokia S60 phone with built-in GPS or if you've not got GPS built-in you can use with bluetooth external GPS. I'm gonna give it a go on Sunday and will let you guys know how it performs.

Also, YSS have released an adjustable rear shock for the little Ninja http://th.yss.co.th/index.php?option=com_c...0&Itemid=54. Can't find anywhere in Pattaya that stocks it or that can order it for me. They also have a PD Fork valve for the ninjette - goodness knows what this is?

I would love to get a rear hugger. Apparently you can find them in BK but i've not seen anything locally in Pattaya. Anyone know of a place in BK that sells them? I might be making a trip up there soon so could pop in and pick it up.

BTW, one of the concerns with Pirelli 150/60 rear tire was that it might not fit but it fitted with ease with at least 10mm clearance from the chain guard. Also i have found them to be just as nimble as the stock tire. As Bard points out they really do smooth out the ride with the softer compound and amazingly they weight about 3/4 of the weight of the stock 130/70 IRC tire.

Cheers, Simon

Edited by tuktukracer

Result from the new tires well as Simon tested out today was a lap time on Bira of 1:35:5 last time he pushed and was blocked at around 1:38 something so the new tires slashed 3 seconds on the laptime. Now we will have a training course with Graham to find better lines and so on to further improve, I could not ride today bastard teleconference with work but will be on that course definitely.

Change tires guys and gals it's worth it...

Cheers Bard

I don't know what to chose between dunlop GT501 in 150/70 which I'm sure it can fit with a 3.5"wheel and between a michelin pilot road2 in 150/70 too but it is a radial and I don't know if it fits but they are fantastic tires.

Please could you advise me

Anthony if general use is what you want then probably Bridgestone bt45's would be a good choice, if sport riding,twisty roads etc then bt090's are the way to go.

the Dunlop is not a good tyre for sporty riding.

and Anthony pay a little more for decent tyres that way you stay alive and with no broken bones. i have had 2 accidents due to bad tyres and lousy driving (thai)/riding(mine) :o

Allan

Agree with Allan, if you want decent life on the tires but also want them to grip the Bridgestone BT 045 is the way to go on the Ninja, they're 1/2 price of supersport tires as well so you get lot of milage out of the money by selecting them.

If you do hard riding (very fast) with lot of curves the BT 090 or Pirelli Dragon Supercorsa would be a better choice, but one you get less milage and two they're much more expensive. I don't know your riding style or area so that one is something to figure out by oneself.

For me who ride on Thai roads where anything might happen anywhere on the road I want the best grip I can get, plus I ride hard fast plus I go and have fun on race track and then the Pirelli is very good.

If I lived back in Europe and used my bike on the road and not on race track I would go for BT 045 because the roads are well maintained and you don't get straydogs into the road all the time, and finally people generally follow the traffic regulations there.

Cheers Bard

Firstly, I've always bought Pirellis for all my vehicles, so I was quite delighted when Bard sprung the news that there is a supplier in Thailand (although I would like to know whether or not the yellow is just a . Never had any problems with them, and if the performance lives up to that of those I shod on my old Z28, I can only surmise I'll be as happy as a pig in shit (no offense to those in the porcine world).

Secondly, there has been a pretty clear line renosating throughout this thread; the stock tyres are less than worthless. And whilst I'm as cheap as, in fact probably cheaper than, the majority of the owners in this thread I can not understand the cost benefit analysis of stating that the upgraded tyres listed above wear out too quickly. Having already had a spill (the first serious one in my life) which only ended up with some bruised muscles, it is very apparent to me that having to purchase a new set of better rubber is much more cost effective than a lenghty stay at a hospital would be.

Finally, has anyone used YSS before? The name sounds vaugely familiar, but are they an alternative to say Penske? Grnated Ohlins has a rear shock for the Ninja 250, but refer above to me being frugal, I just can't see fitting the little Ninja out with it. I'd actually be more interested in a quality front fork.