Washed The Bike - Just An Excuse To Post Pics

AnthonyR1

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey neverdie,

my R1 has 14,000KM on it. I don't know what the kwak has as it belongs to travelmate :-)

ya, the new R1 is pretty out there. yami has taken a lot from the motogp version M1 it seems. i'm extremely happy with my '04 and don't plan to upgrade, beside 700 - 800k is pretty rich considering i wouldn't appreciate the changes unless it was a track bike...i think :-)

they have added a new 'drive mode" which is like built in mapping so you can select riding styles, that would be a nice function and i THINK they've finally added a slipper clutch on the '08 or '09, 1 area where yami has been a few years behind the rest.

i don't think the kwak dealer is selling the ZX10R new in thailand??? there were a few about last time i looked and i think they were just under 800k as well.

Theres a lot of detail in bike about the new crank firing to 'smooth power delivery to the wheel' which I wonder how much that would be felt by a human rider v a track god. Also I cant help but wonder about reliability and crank balance with a 0 90 180 270 degree firing pattern, surely that has to create additional strain over the 2 pattern 180 degree ??

hel_l of a machine tho..

thaigerd

^ that's a great pic!

sorensen

i've had mine up to 275 or 280km or so...was more than fast enough for me :o

so many different reports about top speeds on an R1 or a ZX10 out of the box. once you start modifying then the speedo gets a bit out of wack so hard to say with accuracy.....but i THINK most of the liter sportbikes hover around the 300km mark.

Edited by AnthonyR1

hey neverdie,

my R1 has 14,000KM on it. I don't know what the kwak has as it belongs to travelmate :-)

ya, the new R1 is pretty out there. yami has taken a lot from the motogp version M1 it seems. i'm extremely happy with my '04 and don't plan to upgrade, beside 700 - 800k is pretty rich considering i wouldn't appreciate the changes unless it was a track bike...i think :-)

they have added a new 'drive mode" which is like built in mapping so you can select riding styles, that would be a nice function and i THINK they've finally added a slipper clutch on the '08 or '09, 1 area where yami has been a few years behind the rest.

i don't think the kwak dealer is selling the ZX10R new in thailand??? there were a few about last time i looked and i think they were just under 800k as well.

Theres a lot of detail in bike about the new crank firing to 'smooth power delivery to the wheel' which I wonder how much that would be felt by a human rider v a track god. Also I cant help but wonder about reliability and crank balance with a 0 90 180 270 degree firing pattern, surely that has to create additional strain over the 2 pattern 180 degree ??

hel_l of a machine tho..

You would think that they have tested that motor enuf by now to see if there was any alarming signs, I havent heard anything negative about that motor.

I dunno, its like an old Indian, old norton, triumph, something like that....it actually looks like the pipes of an old speed twin, but im not sure.

Perhaps you could ask AntR1, hes a lot older than me :o ....he was probably pulling wheelies on one of these before i was born.

MJP, might be another one, hes an old motorcyclist from way back :D

t32triumphspeedtwinposthm8.th.jpg

I dunno, its like an old Indian, old norton, triumph, something like that....it actually looks like the pipes of an old speed twin, but im not sure.

Perhaps you could ask AntR1, hes a lot older than me :o ....he was probably pulling wheelies on one of these before i was born.

MJP, might be another one, hes an old motorcyclist from way back :D

t32triumphspeedtwinposthm8.th.jpg

Dat's ma style baby YEAH!!!

(Which end is the front?)

Its good of AntR1 to open this topic so we can all give him a hard time about his age, while he's off at work....to busy to defend himself....now if only we could replace the engine in the R1 with a Honda Wave jobby for his trip home :o

Hey neverdie....what about his age, guy is only 40-42 right? I know certain someone in that age group, not feeling old at all... :D

ok ok ok....grandpa is awake now! :D

neverdie.....

like the old machine, nothing to break down

i love being abused while sleeping off a daytime hangover :D

crobiker and travelmate came to my rescue though...travel mate REALLY did...thanks for driving me home today dude :o

ok....so what were we talking about????

neverdie.....

crobiker and travelmate came to my rescue though...travel mate REALLY did...thanks for driving me home today dude :D

We were trying to figure out what a couple of the old bikes were....thought u might of pulled a few wheelie's on them when you were younger.

Other than that I was just dribbling over the bikes.....you mean to tell me you slept all day :o

neverdie.....

crobiker and travelmate came to my rescue though...travel mate REALLY did...thanks for driving me home today dude :D

We were trying to figure out what a couple of the old bikes were....thought u might of pulled a few wheelie's on them when you were younger.

Other than that I was just dribbling over the bikes.....you mean to tell me you slept all day :o

no, started off being a productive day...then a couple friends decided lunchtime beers would be a good idea. things went downhill from there. luckily 'someone' drove me and my car home :D only slept for 4 hours :wai:

no, started off being a productive day...then a couple friends decided lunchtime beers would be a good idea. things went downhill from there. luckily 'someone' drove me and my car home :o only slept for 4 hours :D

Shoulda taken yers wheels for a joyride fill it with LB's and then drop it back at your place. :D

no, started off being a productive day...then a couple friends decided lunchtime beers would be a good idea. things went downhill from there. luckily 'someone' drove me and my car home :o only slept for 4 hours :D

Shoulda taken yers wheels for a joyride fill it with LB's and then drop it back at your place. :D

you certainly could of, i was in no condition to do anything about anything :-)