Moving To Pattaya

jennscoot

Hello.

I'll be relocating to Pattaya this week to start work in the new year. I'm hoping that someone might recommend an area for me to start my search for a small house or apartment to rent.

I'd like to live in a quiet area where I have access to a local market, if possible. Somewhere I can get a nice cup of nam cha in the morning!

I'm looking for a simple but clean and light place (I don't need air-conditioning, furniture etc.) so I don't plan to live among the affluent (as one other poster put it), but nor do I want to live by the effluent!

Does such a place exist?

P.S. I'll be working on Pattaya-Naklua and I don't drive.

Edited by jennscoot

Thanks, Digger.

I'll be working at Naklua Soi 18, Soi Wong Aman. As I'm only looking for something small and simple, I'm expecting to pay somewhere between 5 -10,000 baht per month. I paid 6,000 baht per month for a two story, Thai-style house in Bangkok with three bedrooms, two bathrooms, a kitchen and yard. I'm more concerned about having a reasonably quiet place with plenty of natural light; I dont watch TV or use aircon, and prefer space over furniture. I also have a cat.

Edited by jennscoot

At that budget and this time of year (high season) I think you will really struggle to find anywhere in a half decent neighbourhood. Acquaintance of mines rents 2 bedroom house in an OK soi for 10,000 month in Naklua but it took a lot of searching for. Just behind Thai Military Bank if your familiar with the area.

Hello.

I'll be relocating to Pattaya this week to start work in the new year.  I'm hoping that someone might recommend an area for me to start my search for a small house or apartment to rent.

I'd like to live in a quiet area where I have access to a local market, if possible.  Somewhere I can get a nice cup of nam cha in the morning!

I'm looking for a simple but clean and light place (I don't need air-conditioning, furniture etc.) so I don't plan to live among the affluent (as one other poster put it), but nor do I want to live by the effluent!

Does such a place exist?

P.S.  I'll be working on Pattaya-Naklua and I don't drive.

will e-mail you with address and directions near Naklua area. I live there now

and it is on Pattaya Naklua Soi 53. A mostly Muslim area in Banglamung.

Hello.

I'll be relocating to Pattaya this week to start work in the new year.  I'm hoping that someone might recommend an area for me to start my search for a small house or apartment to rent.

I'd like to live in a quiet area where I have access to a local market, if possible.  Somewhere I can get a nice cup of nam cha in the morning!

Does such a place exist?

P.S.  I'll be working on Pattaya-Naklua and I don't drive.

• 2 weeks later...