Ar You Red, Yellow Or None Of The Above?

otherstuff1957

Red, Yellow or ?  

96 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Virtually every discussion on any subject on ThaiVisa ends up in a violent firefight. There's no middle ground, you're either with us or against us.

No different to modern society in general then.

What Thailand needed was for both sides to back down, for both the Democrats and the PPP to form a party of national unity composed of capable, qualified individuals to govern for the good of the country.

What it's got is two bunches of thugs screaming "it's all their fault" at each other.

Not so different to ThaiVisa then.

You didn't have a choice that fits me but I voted closest.

I would say: I hate red and I hate yellow but I hate red MORE than I hate yellow

I also think Abhisit though unfortunately linked to the yellows is at least SAYING the right things to try for national unification. I also think most Thais are sick and tired of red AND yellow.

fred2007

Than, my friend, you do not have to Post anything in any Forum, because you will nearly never change anything, so for what lose time than and post. You vote for your fellow posters, so we can see better how we are seeing the situation in our Forum. Thanks.

By Alfred

fred2007

Than, my friend, you do not have to Post anything in any Forum, because you will nearly never change anything, so for what lose time than and post. You vote for your fellow posters, so we can see better how we are seeing the situation in our Forum. Thanks.

By Alfred

ok but it still does not make any different or does it ? if I go for yellow the reds attack me or the other way round. So what is the point voting?

not biased to anybody but who can vote for a party that is racist towards issan,do not want isaan to vote,even against dark skin.i hate racist bigots,including the elitists,the chinese thais,and any farang that think there is only one part of thailand,and thats bangkok.

sounds like the bnp party in the uk.

There is also a poll on the BKK Post web site. The reds were way ahead in that poll when I looked at it a while ago.

Nothing more accurate than anonymous internet polls where a determined person can vote hundreds or thousands of times.

There is also a poll on the BKK Post web site. The reds were way ahead in that poll when I looked at it a while ago.

Nothing more accurate than anonymous internet polls where a determined person can vote hundreds or thousands of times.

Well, go on then.

I am not for the reds or the yellow. I think they are both way out of line with the violent protests. I do not like thaksin or the PPP but i do not agree with taking over gov buildings or the airport to force the gov to resign. If the yellows would have stuck with the watchdog approach i would have been in favor of them. The reds have a right to protest against the yellows but are responsible for the violence that occurred when the groups clashed since they should never have protested in the same vicinity as the yellows.

Personally i think the people should elect the prime minister instead of electing a party. Then the prime minister can select cabinet members that are qualified instead of the individual parties putting nurses or massage parlor queens as finance minister or some equally insane selection.

I am not for the reds or the yellow. I think they are both way out of line with the violent protests. I do not like thaksin or the PPP but i do not agree with taking over gov buildings or the airport to force the gov to resign. If the yellows would have stuck with the watchdog approach i would have been in favor of them. The reds have a right to protest against the yellows but are responsible for the violence that occurred when the groups clashed since they should never have protested in the same vicinity as the yellows.

Personally i think the people should elect the prime minister instead of electing a party. Then the prime minister can select cabinet members that are qualified instead of the individual parties putting nurses or massage parlor queens as finance minister or some equally insane selection.

Ummm......they are the same

I am surprised you were clever enough to work out how to register on this forum, or did your wife do it for you whilst teaching you about Thai politics. Maybe they should introduce an IQ test before you are allowed to post.....mods??

Ummm......they are the same

I am surprised you were clever enough to work out how to register on this forum, or did your wife do it for you whilst teaching you about Thai politics. Maybe they should introduce an IQ test before you are allowed to post.....mods??

I do not want to get into a flame war so i won't comment on your IQ. Thaksin is an individual and PPP was a political party. Not the same or did i miss the newsflash that let us know that every member of the former PPP changed their last name to Thaksin?

I do not want to get into a flame war so i won't comment on your IQ. Thaksin is an individual and PPP was a political party. Not the same or did i miss the newsflash that let us know that every member of the former PPP changed their last name to Thaksin?

OK, no flame war, but would you like to comment on how the reds were 'responsible for all the violence that occurred'?

OK, no flame war, but would you like to comment on how the reds were 'responsible for all the violence that occurred'?

Sure. I do not have the time to sit and read the net about all the details of the clashes so maybe i missed some pertinent information but my understanding is that the reds decided to confront the yellows instead of protesting at a separate location. As far as I know it was not the yellows that went to the same location as the reds to protest in their face. In my opinion that alone makes them responsible. If the yellows went to the heart of PPP territory then i would say that they would be responsible for any violence that took place.

Just like a person that climbs into a bears den to wake the sleeping bear is responsible for getting mauled by the bear. If the person was not there then the bear would not have attacked them. Any one that swims with crocodiles is responsible for what happens. Look. Any one with half a brain knows that if you put two groups of people that hate each other in close proximity then there is going to be violence. The reds that went to confront the yellows are responsible for the violence that ensued just like i would be responsible for what happened to me if i was to walk down the streets of Harlem at midnight.

OK, with 63 votes we have 35 in the middle three choices - the unenthusiastic or moderate crowd - and 13 extremists.

Virtually every discussion on any subject on ThaiVisa ends up in a violent firefight. There's no middle ground, you're either with us or against us.

The reason I posted this poll was to see if we were all as divided about this issue as we seem to be or if it's a small but vocal minority doing most of the arguing.

In retrospect I should have made the choices simpler : 100% Pro red, 66% Pro red, etc....

I dislike both. They are pawns in a power struggle between certain individuals trying to protect or uphold their own interests, and they don't give a shit about the damage that it is doing to the country.

fred2007

By Alfred

ok but it still does not make any different or does it ? if I go for yellow the reds attack me or the other way round. So what is the point voting?

Nobody will attack you, nobody knows who you voting for, or do they?

Just vote, so we know how it is in that forum, mixed, I think so, or red or more yellow.

Also many more others should cast a vote, 71 votes from nearly 70.000 people is a to low participation!

I surprised to see so many 38% yellow votes.

I usually wrote in much smaller German speaking Forums and there its far away from 30% for the yellows.

There they are pissed off from both colours, but as the REDS have the popular vote and the Germans want to hold the flag for Democracy high,

the German speaking guys are more on the RED side.

But, that are much smaller Forums and they are also influenced, at least at one Forum from the Forum owner. www.thailand-tip.de