Money Transfer From Th To Uk

I may well be very wrong, but I think from memory that you do not need to have a bank account to TT from Bangkok bank to UK bank. Would imagine you can fill th forms, give the bank the cash, pay the fee, show your passport, and they send it to the nominated account.

Edited by Geekfreaklover

Can anyone reccommend a method of transferring money cheaply and conveniently to the UK? I dont have a thai bank account as yet but hope to shortly. I looked at western union but the rates seem ridiculous.

Thanks

Take a look here for the regulations also take a look in the banking section on the forum i remember some intresting topic's on various experinces of doing this.

I bank with Bangkok bank & once only asked what the process was if i ever want to send some money back,the questions i was asked made me feel like i'd asked them to help me do something criminal. It can be done with the banks but be ready for a lot of questions as to why wot etc.

Western Union don't ask questions but as you say charge crazy fee,s & its only used for small emergency transfers as there's a very low limit, if its big money your talking best to chat with a bank Manager as the clerks will tell you it can't be done.

/www.thaivisa.com/forum/Jobs-economy-banking

www.thaivisa.com/forum/Remitting-Money-Thailand-t232578.html

www.bot.or.th/English/ForeignExchangeRegulations/FXRegulation/ExchangeControlLaw

Edited by Mali1964

I send money to the UK through my SCB online account, costs 300 baht per time. If you use the counter service I think it is 500 baht. Counter service is no hassle, just fill in a form, show them your passport.

To get the online service takes a bit more time to set up; you first have to organise the online account - get the details on their website, then apply from your online account to do international transfer, head office will then send a form to your bank branch which you and the manager have to sign. You have to give a reason for sending the money; either 'family support' or 'tuition fees', no proof was required. A day or so later they send you an email to let you know the service is operational. I've been using it for about 6 months with no problems and it's very convenient.

My UK bank swipes 7 quid at the other end.

I send money to the UK through my SCB online account, costs 300 baht per time. If you use the counter service I think it is 500 baht. Counter service is no hassle, just fill in a form, show them your passport.

To get the online service takes a bit more time to set up; you first have to organise the online account - get the details on their website, then apply from your online account to do international transfer, head office will then send a form to your bank branch which you and the manager have to sign. You have to give a reason for sending the money; either 'family support' or 'tuition fees', no proof was required. A day or so later they send you an email to let you know the service is operational. I've been using it for about 6 months with no problems and it's very convenient.

Thats a great fee 300 baht what are the sending limits on that, tipical of the UK banks though.

Thats a great fee 300 baht what are the sending limits on that, tipical of the UK banks though.

try HSBC - no hassles and free for premier customers. if to a hsbc or first direct bank no fees in uk either

The daily limit is USD20,000 per day, same fee at this end. Not sure if the home bank raises it's fee for higher amounts, it wouldn't surprise me.