Australian Teenager Arrested For Smuggling Heroin To Sydney From Bangkok

sriracha john

r330089_1487260.jpg

The charges carry a maximum penalty of 25 years jail. (Australian Federal Police)

Teen charged with smuggling heroin in shoes

Customs officers in Sydney last night caught a teenager trying to smuggle heroin hidden in his shoes from Thailand. The 19-year-old man was stopped for questioning when he arrived at Sydney Airport on a flight from Bangkok last night.

During an examination of the man's bags, officers say they became suspicious that the man may be concealing something in his shoes. The officers X-rayed the shoes and when they pierced the soles they found a white powder hidden inside.

The Australian Federal Police (AFP) have charged the man with importing a marketable quantity of a border-controlled drug. This charge relates to quantities ranging from two to 750 grams.

The man will face Sydney Central Local Court to face the charges, which carry a maximum penalty of 25 years jail and/or a $550,000 fine.

The AFP say they will do further testing to confirm the substance is heroin and to find the exact weight and purity.

- ABC News (Australia) / 1 hour ago

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He has a much better chance using the "I didn't know it was there" defense in Australia than he would have in Thailand.

What a wasted life. By the time he gets out of prison he should be a well schooled on the various techniques required to be a seasoned criminal.

Obviously doesn't watch the television show Border Security.

Just goes to show theres no shortage of idiots, is there? Pity he wasnt caught at the Bangkok end, could of kept Mr Hoods company. Hope the Australian Authorities hang him high.....but I doubt it, he'll get bail & eventually end up with periodic detention or something like that.

Now lets just wait here & some bleeding heart will be along to tell us some sad story about this fool! :o

Very unlucky to have been caught eh?...sounds like his little stash was very well concealed, I wonder what gave it away?...dogs?...tip off?....

Everyone deserves a second chance especially when its just a bit for personal use, hope the kid gets a break and learns his lesson.

r330089_1487260.jpg

The charges carry a maximum penalty of 25 years jail. (Australian Federal Police)

Customs officers in Sydney last night caught a teenager trying to smuggle heroin hidden in his shoes from Thailand. The 19-year-old man was stopped for questioning when he arrived at Sydney Airport on a flight from Bangkok last night.

During an examination of the man's bags, officers say they became suspicious that the man may be concealing something in his shoes. The officers X-rayed the shoes and when they pierced the soles they found a white powder hidden inside.

The Australian Federal Police (AFP) have charged the man with importing a marketable quantity of a border-controlled drug. This charge relates to quantities ranging from two to 750 grams.

The man will face Sydney Central Local Court to face the charges, which carry a maximum penalty of 25 years jail and/or a $550,000 fine.

The AFP say they will do further testing to confirm the substance is heroin and to find the exact weight and purity.

They're not so tough in Thailand.....the grandson of a friend was sprung for dealing, was given 4 years, out in two!! The grandson was 18 at the time he's now back in Oz waiting until he can re-apply to return!

Very unlucky to have been caught eh?...sounds like his little stash was very well concealed, I wonder what gave it away?...dogs?...tip off?....

Everyone deserves a second chance especially when its just a bit for personal use, hope the kid gets a break and learns his lesson.

You would have to be joking wouldnt you??? Unlucky to get caught, what a load of rubbish....perhaps you meant glad he was caught.

As for second chances, especially when its personal use.....what part of the story did you miss, if this is for personal use...then this 19 yo certainly has one serious habit....its a marketable quantity, irregardless of its weight in that cateogry, no softy court (Not even an Australian one) will believe that is for personal use. As for the break, hes had it, he was caught at the Australian end.....something else might get broken when he finally lands in the slammer.....if he actually gets that far! :D

As for you Mr Toad....

Another perfect thread for ourmaninbangers. Should keep him/her active for a while. :D
. THATS EXACTLY WHAT I WAS THINKING! :D:o

I'd be interested to know what gave him away too? What made the officer suspicious?

I'd be interested to know what gave him away too? What made the officer suspicious?

probably the black lab that kept nipping at his feet and barking "drugs here, drugs here"

Trying to learn? :o

Theres a thousand and one things that give these people away, if it wasnt a beagle sniffing his bag, might have been picked up in the luggage area (prior to the bag reaching the passengers) or more than likely it was the way he responded to the customs fellow when he was trying to pass thru quarantine. If you ever get a chance watch that australian show, border security....it actually quite comical how stupid some people are.

A 19 yo with shoes full of heroin, probably stood out like dogs balls.

His body language, sweating, appearance, profile, travel movements, all could have raised suspicion. Trained Customs spotters obviously zeroed in as soon as he entered the arrivals hall.

It takes a very cool mule to carry it off.

r330089_1487260.jpg

Wouldn't any other country make sure that the substance is really heroin? And to find the exact weight? And purity? May be it was just foot powder? From Mae Hong Son for young Baksida.........Let's hope they ripped him off..... :o

Wouldn't any other country make sure that the substance is really heroin? And to find the exact weight? And purity? May be it was just foot powder? From Mae Hong Son for young Baksida.........Let's hope they ripped him off..... :D

Sisa....problem for him even if it is foot powder, there only needs to be 1 gram of heroin mixed thru the stash & he sill goes down for a marketable quantity. :o So saaad toooo baaaad!

You must be a comedian, or waiting for the boy to give you that white powder......'just a bit for personal use?'A second chance doing it again, is that what you mean/ Without getting caught, of course.........How stupid to do something like that, good luck boy that you're not in the Bangkok Hilton, they love young boys there, I'm sure. Indeed everybody is innocent, right? Is that what you wrote?

Wouldn't any other country make sure that the substance is really heroin? And to find the exact weight? And purity? May be it was just foot powder? From Mae Hong Son for young Baksida.........Let's hope they ripped him off..... :D

Sisa....problem for him even if it is foot powder, there only needs to be 1 gram of heroin mixed thru the stash & he sill goes down for a marketable quantity. :o So saaad toooo baaaad!

neverdie I guess it was H....but if the boy's addicted he might go to a Therapy and the Aussis have to pay for it. Keep on smiling in the land of smiles.... :D

neverdie I guess it was H....but if the boy's addicted he might go to a Therapy and the Aussis have to pay for it. Keep on smiling in the land of smiles.... :D

Yes this is something that has been discussed here on TV before. Its a joke the amount of money they spend in Oz to keep prisoners....I reakon they should out-source their correctional facilities....send all prisoners to thailand & places like that....the thais could make a killing & the Australian tax payer would save a bundle too.....think of all the jobs it would create....most of the Australian jails could be converted into Luxury hotels....their only missing a few paintings here and there. Jail should be Jail....pity this kid is ever likely to do any real time, some bleeding heart judge in Australia who is all wound up about offenders rights will give him a little lovin, when he needs a floggin!

Yes this is something that has been discussed here on TV before. Its a joke the amount of money they spend in Oz to keep prisoners....I reakon they should out-source their correctional facilities....send all prisoners to thailand & places like that....the thais could make a killing & the Australian tax payer would save a bundle too.....think of all the jobs it would create....most of the Australian jails could be converted into Luxury hotels....their only missing a few paintings here and there. Jail should be Jail....pity this kid is ever likely to do any real time, some bleeding heart judge in Australia who is all wound up about offenders rights will give him a little lovin, when he needs a floggin!

You mean like they have done for immigration detainees?

Sisa.. the ausie cops will release the exact % and the weight after it has been assayed, this is the publicity warneing. The kid will do a few years in one of the regional prisons (I hope for his sake it is not Goldburn) and be back in the community well before his 25th birthday. Any attempt to rehab in prison will be a waste of time.

I bet he looked funny trying to walk on those shoes with the extra liners. :D

The kid? He's 19 years old i.e. enjoys the privilege of suffrage and having a say in the running of his country. Wouldn't that classify him as an adult? Looks like he's a candidate for a Darwin Award to me.

he knew quite well what he was doing, he hid it in his shoe, I hope he enjoyed smoking some whilst he contemplating the big tiger, what a fool, hang him and spare the drug users who would buy from his dealer...<deleted> deserve all they get, <deleted> criminal cnuts. I wish he would have been caught the thai side, the guy got off easy.

Edited by designersing

I don't have a lot of sympathy for traffickers, but at 19 I have trouble believing he is fully cognizant of the consequences of what he is doing. That said, he should be when he gets out of jail.

A phone call from some people dont like him take the same "things" that they sell, i think him dont pay the 50% of charge to them.

As trainer of police dog in my past 25 yrs i see sometings....wrong about this story, also why in bangkok airport( in chang mai they have 2) i never see dog for that work that till now are the only one can find drug very easy...same in australian airport why they dont have a dog for chek at all gate..

is interesting to know how, thai and australian, can check plastic base bomb whitout dogs.

At the end i think is same everywere they caught a small transporter for show that they work.

ciao ciao

Another perfect thread for ourmaninbangers. Should keep him/her active for a while. :o

I am here everyone and I promise not to let you all down!

this poor young man, totally unable to think for himself, probably abused as a child deserve our sympathy and compassion

lets now sit in prayer, hug a tree, and make a donation's

naaa instead... lets flog the little cun_t, put him in a workhouse for 20 year's, then shoot him!

better still...torture him to death.And his family too, publicly!

I'm partial to a bit of SM myself we dutch are you, and you should see our neighbours- the germans's!

Can I join the hang'em high club now please?

joking aside( although I am partial to of SM) it certainly show's that there is no shortage of these sorts of people

and thus, may I say, this is why we need to change a few things...

off to devote more of my time to some totally unworthy scumbag!

kisses

A phone call from some people dont like him take the same "things" that they sell, i think him dont pay the 50% of charge to them.

As trainer of police dog in my past 25 yrs i see sometings....wrong about this story, also why in bangkok airport( in chang mai they have 2) i never see dog for that work that till now are the only one can find drug very easy...same in australian airport why they dont have a dog for chek at all gate..

is interesting to know how, thai and australian, can check plastic base bomb whitout dogs.

At the end i think is same everywere they caught a small transporter for show that they work.

ciao ciao

this is what we have been told- and I would like my information to be updated if anyone know's the better

dogs can only be trained to smell one thing, or something very much the same

now dog's are mainly trained to sniff out bombs ( which is pretty uselss seeing as though some semtex has zero smell, and how someone can actually drink nitro glycirin with no ill effect, then go and jump up and down on a plane and, ....boooom!- it is alot of window dressing, be under no illusion, if a nasty person wants to bring down a plane, they can)

one thing I often hear, that is not so nice, is how much the criminals love 9-11, because they say how the governments resources are devoted to them

( eg in UK after cold war their version of CIA had department detailed for organised crime- now due to 9-11 its back to keeping the world safe- as per the way the brit's think it should be kept safe!)

a dog can only work well for apx 2/3 hours

it is so easy to nullify a dog's abilty to sniff out anything,my ex- BF was in army and told me way to do this- there are websites which include this infomation too

just as it is so easy to nullify the use of those fingerprints scanners ( as proven recently)

the professional criminals know all the way's-they boast about

one cocaine smuggler i spoke to told me how he actually went up to a dog in LA airport and petted it when he had alt of coke strapped round him( he was caught because of tip off)

another sad story

A 19 yo with shoes full of heroin, probably stood out like dogs balls.

His body language, sweating, appearance, profile, travel movements, all could have raised suspicion. Trained Customs spotters obviously zeroed in as soon as he entered the arrivals hall.

It takes a very cool mule to carry it off.

a ahhh you forgot the smell when he vacated his bowel.lol.