J.i.b. Computer Group

Daren

I just placed an order for a CPU through JIB's Website, paid for it with an online transfer and then called the company to inform them the transaction was complete. When I rang them they said the unit I wanted was out of stock... It's careless of them not to mention that on the website but fine, TiT. So I then requested that they send a slightly cheaper model and refund the difference. Their reply? "No"!

Of course THAT would be impossible! What was I thinking??? :o

Despite the fact that I've run into similar problems with other retailers, they were unwilling to refund ANY of my money. My choices were to call my bank and request a block on the transaction, buy other stuff that I really didn't want or need or buy a more expensive CPU than I wanted! I opted for the upgraded CPU...

Just a warning if you're using J.I.B. Computer Group... call BEFORE you pay!

Your first mistake was that you didn't call them BEFORE order about that product is available or not!

Second one, but understandable because of Thai language, not to check the Website for to "Refund" because they deny any refund.

That they didn't update the website is a normal procedure in Thailand!

On the other hand JIB is an company with an very good service!

Hopefully you learn from this to check first before buy. I never would buy a "Cat in an sack"!

I just placed an order for a CPU through JIB's Website, paid for it with an online transfer and then called the company to inform them the transaction was complete. When I rang them they said the unit I wanted was out of stock... It's careless of them not to mention that on the website but fine, TiT. So I then requested that they send a slightly cheaper model and refund the difference. Their reply? "No"!

Of course THAT would be impossible! What was I thinking??? :o

Despite the fact that I've run into similar problems with other retailers, they were unwilling to refund ANY of my money. My choices were to call my bank and request a block on the transaction, buy other stuff that I really didn't want or need or buy a more expensive CPU than I wanted! I opted for the upgraded CPU...

Just a warning if you're using J.I.B. Computer Group... call BEFORE you pay!

We tried to use them as a supplier a while ago. We always called before transfer to check availability and still there were mishaps like yours. It was also next to impossible to get through the sales girls on the phone who did not know anything about the products they sell and contact some competent person. My Thai staff who talked with JIB on the phone said a few times the same girls were rude or not listening.

Why is that a friendly warning to fellow TV'ers is often just seen as a target?

I am a fool... but at least I'm man enough to admit it. What kind of idiot are you?

Daren, maybe I was a little harsh with my wording and I didn't mean to offend you, I simply stated 'more fool you', not call you a fool directly, It was intended as a figure of speech. I appreciate that you mentioned JIB here, it is a warning to others and as you say TiT the lack of professional service you have had been unfortuante to receive. :o

Business done Thai style... happened too often before. Whenever I buy something now I just go and pick it up. I learned in no matter what regard when you deal with Thai people you have to check and double check to make sure things are as they should be and even then its no guarantee.

^ Ain't that the truth!

Unfortunately I live in the boonies, otherwise I would just pop down to Pantip and pick it up.

I guess I should feel fortunate that I have the ability to get the stuff I want for a fair price at all.

Cheers all!

I guess I should feel fortunate that I have the ability to get the stuff I want for a fair price at all.

I've also had bad experiences with JIB's service. In the past few years, it's really degenerated. And some of their return practices are rather sharp. For example--in Pattaya at least--you have to have the original package w/ barcode if you want to exchange or have repaired a defective flashdrive, still under "warranty."

However, the prices are usually a bit better than at other shops.

I just found on Google a company called www.pcresource.co.th who appear to be located in Panthip pretty credible web site, I ordered a mainboard which it stated they had 17 in stock, turned out they didn't have any. At the moment looks like they will refund money but will report back on that.

I have dealt with www.thanni.com a few times the only thing out of stock of was a case fan, I changed it for a cheaper one and they put the change in an envelope in the box, and comunication on internet good. I did email them about the board above replied next day out of stock so I ordered it from Jedicool, good initial contact on email to establish stock & shipping cost but since then no order number or confirmation as requested by email, my wife phoned after transferring the money and Judy (who I did meet whilst in Panthip once) told her she would be shipping the board 'Soon' ...... I live in hope. I also went to Star computer centre in Rayong to try and avoid mail order but did not have board there.

Your first mistake was that you didn't call them BEFORE order about that product is available or not!

Yeah, the customer is always wrong :o

Well, except in this case

Hopefully you learn from this to check first before buy. I never would buy a "Cat in an sack"!

So caveat emptor is the order of the day as always, especially when dealing with this company?

In my experience they are crappish but sometimes passable on the retail side, but pretty good for the wholesale side of things (including their prices). We send them about $15-20k USD in biz a month (or rather, my brother in law does in his network setup biz in Pattaya).

I wouldn't want them to put a computer together for me, but I'd be happy to go to them as a source to assemble one ourselves.

:o

Reimar normally I respect everything you have to say but in this case blaming the customer for just plain bad service is wrong.

Heng, you would think that if they are making THAT KIND of money they could hire some nice personable AND knowledgeable staff?

Reimar normally I respect everything you have to say but in this case blaming the customer for just plain bad service is wrong.

Heng, you would think that if they are making THAT KIND of money they could hire some nice personable AND knowledgeable staff?

I think there isn't any blaming to tell that you should check the avaibility BEFORE ordering anything online and pay for it, same as to check the regulation and condition of online ordering and payments. If I would order and pay on the way the OP does, I would only blame myself for to be to lazy to do a check BEFORE!

From our site we can only tell that the experiences we having with JIB are good but we using JIB as wholesaler and not retailer, that's maybe a difference.

Second one, but understandable because of Thai language, not to check the Website for to "Refund" because they deny any refund.

That they didn't update the website is a normal procedure in Thailand!

Huh? :o

Yeah. shame on the OP! :D :D

(and a "thanks for the heads up" to the OP from the real world)

Edited by Insight

I think there isn't any blaming to tell that you should check the avaibility BEFORE ordering anything online and pay for it, same as to check the regulation and condition of online ordering and payments. If I would order and pay on the way the OP does, I would only blame myself for to be to lazy to do a check BEFORE!

From our site we can only tell that the experiences we having with JIB are good but we using JIB as wholesaler and not retailer, that's maybe a difference.

sorry, I also disagree here. Online shop software such as OSCommerce allows you (if properly set up) to control your stock as well. If the stock level is zero, then the software should stop the purchase in the first place. Before the level is zero, the software gives the vendor a warning. Again, this requires proper maintenance of the database.

Making the customer pay for this negligence is just wrong.

sorry, I also disagree here. Online shop software such as OSCommerce allows you (if properly set up) to control your stock as well. If the stock level is zero, then the software should stop the purchase in the first place. Before the level is zero, the software gives the vendor a warning. Again, this requires proper maintenance of the database.

Making the customer pay for this negligence is just wrong.

You're right as long as you use such software on one hand and you use to have a 24/7 maintenance on the other hand. I doubt JIB have that software but I'll check next time I'm at the HQ.

But all of that didn't means that you shouldn't check BEFORE buy. I really doubt that YOU will buy something online in Thailand without to check the avaibility and pay in advance! If you had checked before and according to the seller the product is available, than it's a different story.

This is somewhat irrelevant as OSCommerce is not likely to be hooked up to the company's internal inventory system. And because the government only approves a few accounting packages for the tax system, companies are very limited in what software they can choose to run.

I'm not saying that JIB should be any less responsible - I also agree that the online systems should reflect accurate inventory - but in Thailand this is a lot more difficult than it seems.

One should also be aware that JIB does not physically store most of the inventory on their site - it only reflects what the product distributors have told them, usually on a monthly basis. This applies for most other online computer shopping sites in Thailand.

JIB's service was poor in this instance, though - it should've been able to offer a full refund.

• 3 years later...

I have to say, I've also had a bad experience with J.I.B. Computer Group.

I went into the J.I.B. branch in Chaweng, Koh Samui to service a netbook that was purchased there. The problem was that somehow the Windows 7 OS had corrupted itself, as Windows updates and other software were not installing. Also, the machine was inexplicably hanging several times per day. The consensus on the web was that Windows 7 needed a clean install. The netbook was well within the one year warranty (only around 7 months old). However, instead of recognizing a corrupted Windows 7 installation, and provide a free clean install under warranty, the technicians at this branch charged 600 baht for the Windows 7 install plus an additional 200 baht to place system restore software on a thumb drive. If customer service is important to you, and a computer reseller that honours warranty periods, consider other options before purchasing from J.I.B. Computer Group.

It's bad enough getting a straight answer, face to face in ANY store in Thailand in Thai, let alone English. It is legend that stock control is an unknown science in LOS. So why anyone would try and order anything online from a Thai supplier is beyond me.

Went online here in Scotland last Thursday afternoon and ordered a new ASUS EeePad Prime. Delivered noon the next day via Parcelforce for 8 quid. Whenever I want something in Thailand, I get off my arse and go to the store.

not to mention the fact, jib's people can't even say a word of english, i went thru 6 different people and finally end up asking a friend to speak with them.

Darn... must be the fact that they are a Thai company, trading in Thailand with say... 95% Thai customers?

Time to learn some Thai maybe?

... And some of their return practices are rather sharp. For example--in Pattaya at least--you have to have the original package w/ barcode if you want to exchange or have repaired a defective flashdrive, still under "warranty."

How about Curry's (UK) return policy? You can bring it back for a full refund up to 21-days after purchase.

....as long as it is still in the original, sealed packaging.

Edited by NanLaew

You don't have to put up with this. Contact your bank and ask them to cancel - goods not supplied. It won't be a problem.

And thanks for the warning. Sounds like the kind of place that isn't too keen on honouring warranties either.

Edited by Crushdepth

I would highly recommend doing business with one of the TV sponsors http://www.invadeit.co.th/ They are usually just a little bit higher in price but are VERY reliable and honest. I have had an issue in the past with an item bought from them and they replaced the item very quickly. They also speak English there and I suspect some other languages as well.

I am a very satisfied customer,

Jim

I would highly recommend doing business with one of the TV sponsors http://www.invadeit.co.th/ They are usually just a little bit higher in price but are VERY reliable and honest. I have had an issue in the past with an item bought from them and they replaced the item very quickly. They also speak English there and I suspect some other languages as well.

I am a very satisfied customer,

Jim

Agreed. Yet I'd warn that still you should email/call before you order. Some stuff listed in the online catalog they don't really have "in stock" (as it were) and can't even get. Must be the ol' Thai influence. :)