Evaluate My Photo's

Bard

First I took this photo of her in a restaurant with available light which I am quite happy with.

3130409706_311f217da0_b.jpg

Then I tested out another one using flash with umbrella (shoot through) with a reflector bouncing up the light, I realize I should have put a hairlight as well, but I am quite happy with it else.

3182488550_63c13d303e_b.jpg

Please comment any ideas for further improvement.

Cheers Bard

• 2 weeks later...

Hi "Bard",

I am not a favourite of Portrait Photography, hence rarely post on this subject, but since you asked for comments and with the absence of a member or two, may I comment.

The first photo look to me like a natural Thai Girl without a care in the world, enjoying and being smug, unkempt hair and with a "here's looking at you :D " look. I like that.

The background a shade to bright, colours are off a bit, but nice capture.

The second photo, not natural enough for me, but the photo does have that extra bit of colour and style about it, with the background gone. :o

Both are good in their own way.

Yours truly,

Kan Win :D

Edited by Kan Win

Used a Canon 450D with an EFS 17-55 f/2.8 in the first capture and an EF 85 f/1.8 lens in the second, second I also used a Nikon SB26 flash shooting through an white umbrella with radio trigger and black collapsable background. She was not really in the mood in the second one, and I believe I should have used hairlight as well, first one I just took in a restaurant where she was in the mood with a crappy background.

Thanks Kan Win that made a lot of sense, appreciate the input which is something I need to improve.

Cheers Bard

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...