Looking For Small Tractor With Backhoe

HERMABA

Hi all, I just stoped work in Germany and come to Thailand for starting farming with my thai girl frind. ( we live in sumit sakhon , 50 km south of Bangkok) She already do the farming the last 20 years on a 30 Rai fruit and vegetabel plant ( lemon tree and dragon fruit). I want to buy a small tractor ( 20 to 40 hrsp) now for make life more easy the next years. On the farm we have a lot of water distribution channels, Therfore I need a tractor combined with a backhoe and front loader to clear and change the water direction. I want to do also some work for farming , like put chemie , cut grass and open the earth for planting. I already checked the threat and I visited the several companies near Dong Muan airport. I see the new Kubota and also the Yanmar tractors. Very nice , but all this maschines can not be equipt with a backhoe. One guy told me this type of maschine is not very common in Thailand. I see a very nice tractor from Kubota on the internet site of Australia. Called DX 24 and D26. But it seems that this kind of equipment in not available in Thailand. Does somebody now where I can find this type of tractor ??

Hello HERMABA, the Thai made small red tractor have a B/H attachment, saw one again last week at the ag show here n Korat. If you go to this thread and go to post #23 the first tractor listed has what your asking about. I do not know if this will mount on other brand tractors or not???? It gives the Korat phone number, they should be able to give you a dealer closer to you. I have a old price list for them, I will try to find and give the price.

rice555

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Post-Hole-Diggers-t190710.html

One of the best devices I ever used for irrigation, was a trencher. It was attached via 3 point and it cut the ditch up to 2+ foot deep and about 1 1/2 foot wide. It was a quick method for cutting ditch as well as cleaning existing ones. It would require more than a 20 to 30 hp tractor to pull it, probably in the 70 hp range would be required. This was used on about 600 acres of flood irrigated land with probably 5 mile of ditch. Much cheaper than a back hoe unless you have other plans for back hoe. Speed was required to throw dirt out on cleaning operation, about 8+ mph if I remember correctly.

Hello HERMABA, the Thai made small red tractor have a B/H attachment, saw one again last week at the ag show here n Korat. If you go to this thread and go to post #23 the first tractor listed has what your asking about. I do not know if this will mount on other brand tractors or not???? It gives the Korat phone number, they should be able to give you a dealer closer to you. I have a old price list for them, I will try to find and give the price.

rice555

Hello Rice and slapout, thank you very much for the informations. I will contact the mentioned company. I will keep you informed. Today I just looked at the new small KUBOTA B2420 ( 24 HRSP) which comes for 275,000 BAHT. But for 100,000 more you can habe the YANMAR with 35 hrsp (400,00 Baht) and the possibility to connect an front loader ( which comes for 110 000 Baht). Difficult, always the question what you realy need and what you like to have to.

Kind regards HERMABA

Hi all, I just stoped work in Germany and come to Thailand for starting farming with my thai girl frind. ( we live in sumit sakhon , 50 km south of Bangkok) She already do the farming the last 20 years on a 30 Rai fruit and vegetabel plant ( lemon tree and dragon fruit). I want to buy a small tractor ( 20 to 40 hrsp) now for make life more easy the next years. On the farm we have a lot of water distribution channels, Therfore I need a tractor combined with a backhoe and front loader to clear and change the water direction. I want to do also some work for farming , like put chemie , cut grass and open the earth for planting. I already checked the threat and I visited the several companies near Dong Muan airport. I see the new Kubota and also the Yanmar tractors. Very nice , but all this maschines can not be equipt with a backhoe. One guy told me this type of maschine is not very common in Thailand. I see a very nice tractor from Kubota on the internet site of Australia. Called DX 24 and D26. But it seems that this kind of equipment in not available in Thailand. Does somebody now where I can find this type of tractor ??

Hermaba,

There are backhoes made in Thailand and I have seen one fitted to a 45HP Yanmar. The issue you will have is matching the hydraulic requirements to those on the tractor. The unit I saw had an auxilliary pump which was electrically driven from the tractor to drive the backhoe. In my case I have an Iseki 28Hp with a FEL which I bought second hand in Rangsit, and can get a second hand backhoe from Japan. The issue with my tractor is the hydraulics like the PTO are driven directly from the engine crankshaft and hence are engine speed dependant. In the case of a small HP tractor that means high revs.

In terms of cost, about 120,000 baht will buy you a new unit.

Finally, as has been stated by many on these forum, small tractors can do most things big ones can, only it takes longer.

Isaanaussie

Hermaba,

There are backhoes made in Thailand and I have seen one fitted to a 45HP Yanmar. The issue you will have is matching the hydraulic requirements to those on the tractor. The unit I saw had an auxilliary pump which was electrically driven from the tractor to drive the backhoe. In my case I have an Iseki 28Hp with a FEL which I bought second hand in Rangsit, and can get a second hand backhoe from Japan. The issue with my tractor is the hydraulics like the PTO are driven directly from the engine crankshaft and hence are engine speed dependant. In the case of a small HP tractor that means high revs.

In terms of cost, about 120,000 baht will buy you a new unit.

Finally, as has been stated by many on these forum, small tractors can do most things big ones can, only it takes longer.

Isaanaussie

Isaanaussie,

Thank you very much for the usefull information. I will try to fnd the local company. I think the problem is, that in this area near Bangkok are not so many large farm located and therefore not so many companies offer farm equipment.

HERMABA

( we live in sumit sakhon , 50 km south of Bangkok)

Isaanaussie,

Thank you very much for the usefull information. I will try to fnd the local company. I think the problem is, that in this area near Bangkok are not so many large farm located and therefore not so many companies offer farm equipment.

HERMABA

Hermaba,

I saw the unit at a Yanmar tractor dealer on the road between Bang Len and Song Phi Nong so it is not that far from you. If you come up the ring road and take route 346, then turn north to SPN you should be able to find it. Sorry I dont have more details on hand, but hopefully that may help. I dont know if they still have the unit on site however.

Isaanaussie

As I have said before you can buy a mini excavator for about 120,000 baht and then you have a real backhoe. Of course you also have another piece of plant to use (read play with) or hire out!

Have a look at: http://www.jssr.co.th/cgi-bin/eng/list_res...rgory=EXCAVATOR

BB

Thank you very much for the advise. Very good idea ! Internet page also very helpfull for an overview of the price for such kind of maschine. For the first step I think I will look for an used mini excavator.

HERMABA