Usa Citizen Wanting To Stay 6 Months

Hello,

Sometimes I get so confused on when and where I need to do border runs. Need some help please.

I'll apply for a 3 entry Tourist Visa before I leave the US through the Thai Consulate in Texas.

If I leave the USA October 31st this year, do I do a border run January 1st? Then another March 2010?

I want to fly back home at the end of April. Also, would it be better to book a r/t ticket?

Thanks!

Each entry you get gives you 60 days in Thailand. When you enter Thailand the friendly smiling agent will stamp your passport with the exact date you must leave by. Easy as pie. Leave Thailand, and reenter, use another entry and you get another 60 days. Some people do trips like yours with only TWO entries though because you can get a 30 day extension IN Thailand at an immigration office (for an extra fee) for each tourist visa entry, which means you could stay for 90 days, not 60 without leaving Thailand. Also be very aware your tourist entries will have a TIME LIMIT for when you must BEGIN to use them by.

Yes, it is a good idea to book a RT ticket.

Edited by Jingthing

How do I get Triple entry 60-day Tourist Visa? Do I just go to thai consulate and say "I would like to apply for Triple entry 60-day Tourist Visa?" What would be the questions they might ask?

regards, Bartek.

Just ask for a 3 entry tourist visa. Or if you fill out the application first write 3 in the space for entries.

No guestions that I can think of other than asking you for the fee.