Non-immigration O-visa, Divorced But Have Child

Sorry, Pete, by mistake I edited your post, ie wrote over it, when I meant to post a reply to it, and I have been unable to recover your original post.

For the information of others, Pete asked about extension possibilities after he divorced from his Thai wife but wishes to remain in Thailand and support his child of Thai nationality.

--

Maestro

pete66, you should check with your local immigration office if you qualify for annual extensions of stay to live with your Thai child, in particular what they require as proof of relationship. See paragraph 2.18(5) or Royal Thai Police Order 777/2551--

Maestro

thanks. the document just says:

----------

(2) Proof of family relationship;

(4) In the case of a child, adopted child or child of his/her spouse, the said person must not be married, must be living with the applicant, and must be less than 20 years of age; or

----------

So just seems I need to prove my child is my child. Should be able to manage that :o

thanks. the document just says:

----------

(2) Proof of family relationship;

(4) In the case of a child, adopted child or child of his/her spouse, the said person must not be married, must be living with the applicant, and must be less than 20 years of age; or

----------

So just seems I need to prove my child is my child. Should be able to manage that :o

Wrong section forget (4) You need this.

(5) In the case of a parent, one of parents must have an average annual income of not less than 40,000 baht per month or a money deposit of not less than 400,000 baht for expenses within a year.