Thailand Circuit. Nakhon Chasri. Who's Ridden It

thaicbr

Dunno from the picture it looked like it had more straight. but having never been there yet, not sure. Thats why i asked :o

who's maybe up for a run round it late this month or early next?

Edited by thaicbr

The straights are narrow and bumpy and if you look at the picture again both have a kink in it. Also both have nasty corners at the end of the straight. The straight in front of the paddock is taken with your left knee still dragging the deck trying to straighten the kink. By the time you are back up. It jam on the anchors for the right hairpin. Bang down the gears for 1st gear. Listen for the gearbox to start howling! :o Then it hairpin after hairpin. Expect scooters to overtake you.

It's not that bad... better than the Seacon Square go-kart track, but not as good as Bira, apparently. Tis tight indeed.

If the scale of that map is correct the whole track is in an area of 1000ft by 1000ft- seems tiny. Bira, by comparison, can hold touring and formula three car races.

There is currently in works a new series of 600 sport bikes which is why I go for the FZ6 (not supersports) and also same in liter class, plus same as Bang Saen real road races around in Thailand. Maybe they will setup a training place in South who knows TIT.

Cheers Bard

Ok. I went down to have a look. it looks ok, pretty much exactly what every has said. but one difference to Bira. its 1000baht ALL DAY and if you pay 1500b membership its only 500b a day.

There were a group of Thais there when i got there. 3 x ZX10's, 1 x ZX12 and a VFR400. i didn't see them ride but looking at the tyres i think they had a good time. they said that on the big bikes that it's 1,2,3 gear track but smaller bikes change gear a bit more.

I'm looking at sorting out a day next month. PM me if interested.

Allan

Hiya Allan,

Thank's for the info! I'd be interested in checking out this track once I have my new ER-6n broken in. I went to BIRA yesterday with Bard and was quite impressed by both the track and the guys riding it. Good mix of Farang and Thais and some incredible bikes and skilled riders. I'm between bikes now and anyway and was too hung over from the previous evening at Bard's :o to consider riding one of Highsidetours' rental race bikes. :D

Cheers!

Tony

Yer, i know what you mean about Bard's house, that seemingly never ending supply of beer. it does do things to ya head. even though i trashed the fino at Bira, i still enjoyed the weekend. just could not get to grips with the Honda corner.

So I'm thinking NC might be good for honing my turning technique. the track at NC has a run down feel to the place, very typical of a lot of Thai business ventures. i would think about bringing your own 1st aid kit just in case, because not sure if they have a medical centre like Bira.

But it's local so gotta give it a go.

Allan

ps It should only take a good weekend to break the new girl in. Lopburi bike show this weekend.

Yer, i know what you mean about Bard's house, that seemingly never ending supply of beer. it does do things to ya head. even though i trashed the fino at Bira, i still enjoyed the weekend. just could not get to grips with the Honda corner.

So I'm thinking NC might be good for honing my turning technique. the track at NC has a run down feel to the place, very typical of a lot of Thai business ventures. i would think about bringing your own 1st aid kit just in case, because not sure if they have a medical centre like Bira.

But it's local so gotta give it a go.

Allan

ps It should only take a good weekend to break the new girl in. Lopburi bike show this weekend.

I haven't been on a track in many years- when I do return I'm going to take it very easy until I get comfortable again.

I like that at BIRA you can rent the race prepped GSXR's. I'd be more comfortable on a real track bike, at least until I get to know the ER-6n.

Hope to see you at the LopBuri Bike Week this weekend! Give me a ring if you want to ride up together.

Happy Trails,

Tony

Ok Tony. gotta see if the bike will be ready, had a problem with the chain and i'm waiting for a replacement. i will bell ya i think rustic is also going up. if the bikes not ready i might take the truck and see if a fella i know from the CBR forum in from vietnam wants to come down. he's in bangkok at the moment. i wonder if i could get a weekend demo on an fz6 :o

i wonder if i could get a weekend demo on an fz6 :D

LOL- Trent thrashed his loaner FZ6 all weekend and racked up 1000km! Those guys at Yamaha Big Bike are pretty dam_n cool to lend out their bikes like that. Kawasaki won't even let you leave the parking lot! :o:D:wai::D:D

i wish i had the money to make my CBR250 into a track bike rather than sell to get Bards ninjette but...................never mind. let the good times roll (i've always loved Kwaker green ever since i was a kid)

Allan

Cool guys- thanks for the confirmation. Not as nice as BIRA, but looks like it could still be a lot of fun.

59Bike looks like it might be a cool shop, but not sure where it's located. Typical terrible Thai map:

59BikeMap.jpg

Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks!

Tony