• Latest posts...

1. 211

Spreaders of Conspiracy Theories: Unmasking the Motivations Behind the Lies

2. 277

Israel Hamas War the Widening Middle East Conflict

3. 122

Macron Warns EU Could Face Collapse Without Urgent Reforms

4. 277

Israel Hamas War the Widening Middle East Conflict

5. 227

Why is the MAGA movement so susceptible to crazy conspiracy theories?

6. 16

Americans in Thailand Walk to Exercise the Right to Vote Overseas

7. 8

Thai Hostages Still Missing a Year After Hamas Attack

8. 73

What do you use for contraception?

9. 597

Harris Lies, Americans Die. Illegal Aliens are more Important

10. 68

Trump chickens out again.

11. 48

METV or Visa Exemption for multiple short-stay entries? (+ internal flights).

12. 10

To DTV or not to DTV - that is the question.

13. 3

Thai students studying for international degrees at Thai universities

14. 5

harris campaign, clean up on aisle Electoral College

Where Is The Next Thailand?

hi guys, i realise this is thai visa, but here goes,

been in thailand on and off since2002,spent 13 months in one stretch,but mainly 6 months uk 6 months thai, and i can remember 71 bht to the £.what is it today about 46 (i can not believe 46) i changed enough november when we got here and got 53, and am determind not to change any more till we go back to uk march, my question is this where is the next thailand, ive tried laos complete wast of time, power cuts and running out of water, and believe it or not when we went last month the restaurant we were eating at said they had :ran out of rice : !! so asia is not the rice bowl of the world all of a sudden, also no decent night life, tried the phills ,ok for a few weeks but the food was dire and the ex rate is no good there either, plus the fill men have more of an attitude problem than thai males. tried cambodia ok not been there for a few years, but had a great time, so the question is what country next, india? what are your thoughts, cheers,

The UK! It is far cheaper than Thailand now, shopping is fantastic cheaper than central world in BKK by far. Ok if you want fake stuff then Thailand is great. Houses and flats will be incredibly good value in the UK by the end of the year, but best of all if you sign on and get a girl up the duff you get a free place anyway. Your benefits are worth double there now because of the cheap shopping !

Seriously , don't worry Thailand will be cheap again by the end of the year. An economy that relies on 60-70% of its cash through exports in a world recession...ooohhh mrs they will be in trouble, no one is going to want silk or teak wood!

What is Vietnam like? Is that not cheap or fun etc?

im surprised to hear that thailand exports teak, given there stringent anti logging laws, in fact thailand inport most of there wood from Loas, ive seen tens of fully laden lorrys of timber crossin the border in to thailand, i think thats why timber is sooooooo expensive here, but i think your right about thai exports nose diving, but i guess they just close factories and sack the workers, the gov do not have to pay dole money here. a mate is in vietnam at the moment, not the same sceene as here snd dont forget it is still a commy state, i will quiz him when he gets back, not sure about ex rate or prices there, i will cheeck it out now.

er yea sorry about that i was just being silly, Teak and silk were just 2 Thai products that sprung to mind, there was indeed a logging ban in 1989 :o I would like to hear back on Vietnam i fancy a visa run there if its got lots to see...............

what are thailands key exports?

rice ! but they export a hel_l of a lot of cars or at least they did, a friend of mine is a manager at air an con compressor (for cars)facilty at lamchabang 700 employees, he has just sacked 300 of them due to cancelled orders, and there are concerns that the whole factory may close, gm across the road from his factory have just finnished building a new factory, but have moth balled it, it has never even openend, so thailand are feeling the pinch, but and i know this will not go down well with some members , are not being hit hard enough at the moment, sorry but that is my opinion.

, plus the fill men have more of an attitude problem than thai males.

hi, what do u mean by that? thanks

have you been to the phills ? quite a sweeping statement i know but, the majority of thai males do not like the fact that european males come to there country and shall we say have realationships with there girls, having said that they do not course us any problems they are not outwardly aggressive to any one, now phill men are not so passive about there feelings a lot of them carry guns and would not hesitate to use them , in my opinion.i mean for christ sake they have a armed guard out side mcdonallds. the south of the phills i.e mindano is allmost civil war with the muslims and only 2 weeks ago 3 hostages were taken, a few years back some us hostages were taken and they posted one of there heads to there embacy. 5 of my friends in thailand have phill girls with them over here in thailand, the girls never want to go back, ive had some good times there but never felt 100% safe, on one trip the taxi broke down , we stood out side the car cos we were hot, the taxi driver shouted at us to get bavk in the car in case we got kidnapped ! i kid you not, phills no thankyou done it been there.

Edited by micky44

, plus the fill men have more of an attitude problem than thai males.

hi, what do u mean by that? thanks

have you been to the phills ? quite a sweeping statement i know but, the majority of thai males do not like the fact that european males come to there country and shall we say have realationships with there girls, having said that they do not course us any problems they are not outwardly aggressive to any one, now phill men are not so passive about there feelings a lot of them carry guns and would hesitate to use them , in my opinion.i mean for christ sake they have a armed guard out side mcdonallds. the south of the phills i.e mindano is allmost civil war with the muslims and only 2 weeks ago 3 hostages were taken, a few years back some us hostages were taken and they posted one of there heads to there embacy. 5 of my friends in thailand have phill girls with them over here in thailand, the girls never want to go back, ive had some good times there but never felt 100% safe, on one trip the taxi broke down , we stood out side the car cos we were hot, the taxi driver shouted at us to get bavk in the car in case we got kidnapped ! i kid you not, phills no thankyou done it been there.

Thanks a lot, yes I was 14 times (only) in the Philippines, but my english is not perfect. so I asked. I got in problems with drunken pinoy males, its the worst, be careful!