Marriage Visa

based on your marriage it is possible to get an extension of stay for one year if you meet one of the following requirements:

- you have an income of 40,000 baht a month

or

- you have 400,000 in a Thai bankaccount at least 2 months before applying.

It has to be your money!

Before you could have a joint income of 40.000 bt/month.

That has been taken away, the husband must have either 40.000bt/month or 400.000 in bank over two months.

Note that this does not apply for foreign ladies married to Thai men.

You are all going very quickly :D

The "extension of stay" is an extension after a non-O visa (thai wife). I may guess the OP first need that visa.

So....

The best way is:

1. to be married first ( :D ),
  2. transform your not expired tourist visa in a non-O visa (asked 21 days in advance at any immigration bureau),
  3. after 3 months, ask for that extension (under already described conditions).

Little information: Being married, you will very easily and quickly get an 60 days extension of your tourist visa (Once only), if ever you need it. I heard some succeed to get it to be married (so before :o ).

Good luck!

The "extension of stay" is an extension after a non-O visa (thai wife). I may guess the OP first need that visa.

So....

The best way is:

2. transform your not expired tourist visa in a non-O visa (asked 21 days in advance at any immigration bureau),

Little information: Being married, you will very easily and quickly get an 60 days extension of your tourist visa (Once only), if ever you need it. I heard some succeed to get it to be married (so before :o ).

Good luck!

The OP says he has a multiple entry visa. That would be a non immigrant visa of some kind which can be extended wihtout changing visas.

You don't have to have a non-o te get an extension based upon marriage. The only requirement is that it be a non immigrant visa.

So....

The best way is:

Good luck!

i already have a multiple entry visa that runs out in march do i have to leave thailand to renew this?

:D

i already have a multiple entry visa that runs out in march do i have to leave thailand to renew this?

:o

You will have to get a new visa (outside Thailand) if you do not apply for an extension based upon marriage at immigration.

If the use before date is ending in March you can do a border run just before that date and get another 90 days.

No, you don’t have to “renew” your visa, ie you do not have to get a new visa from a Thai consulate. With your multiple-entry non-O visa you can make an unlimited number of trips to Thailand until the before the “must be utilized before” date stamped on the visa. On each arrival in Thailand you receive permission to stay for 90 days and must leave Thailand not later than the “until” date stamped on your arrival stamp.

Example of multiple-entry non-O visa to illustrate “must be utilized before” date.

Example of arrival stamp to illustrate “until” date.

--

Maestro

For correct and complete answer, please give us more informations

You have a multiple entry visa: Which one? (type of extension or visa question)

Which will run out in March: Last hop in March, or really over? And when exactly? (21 days question)

Getting married soon: When is soon? (21 days question again)

Which will run out in March: Last hop in March, or really over? And when exactly? (21 days question)

got officially married today the other ceremony was in october

my non immirant visa category o from runs out march 7th

the expiry date after my last visa run is march 22nd

can i get another category o visa without leaving thailand?

or an extension

or an extension

You can get a one off 60 day extension to visit your Wife. OR

A 12 month extension if you have 400,000 Baht in a Thai bank for 60 days before you apply or 40,000 Baht monthly income.

or an extension

You can get a 1 year extension of your permit to stay at immigration if you can show 40,000 baht income a month or have 400,000 baht in a Thai bank for 60 days.

To get another visa you have to leave the country and go to a Thai embassy/consulate.

You can make one more border run on the 6th of March and get another 90 days if you don't get the extension.

or an extension

First of all, "Bienvenue au club" / Welcome to the club! :o

• You have more than 21 days left, so you may ask for a "1 year extension of stay/Purpose:Married to a thai". As others said, you need either 400.000 bahts in a bank account in Thailand for more than 60 days, or proof you earn somewhere at least 40.000 bahts/month.

• If you need more time, before that, you can make your last hop before march 7th and get 3 months on your actual visa, and after/or ask for the "60 days extension to visit your wife" (extension available once a year).

• If you need more time, no other way than to really go out and ask for another o visa!!!

Good luck, and happy life!

based on your marriage it is possible to get an extension of stay for one year if you meet one of the following requirements:

or

It has to be your money!

i went to Samui immigation yesterday as my visa runs out soon, i showed the boss my bank account with over 400,000 over 2 months and asked if this was ok for marriage visa. he said he wanted letter from the embassey to show some monthly income, how much i asked and he said any, he wants to see i have money coming to Thailand every month. is this correct or is the 400,000 enough

This is the rule.

(6) In case of marriage with a Thai lady, the husband who is an alien must have an average annual income of not less than 40,000 baht per month or a money deposit in a local Thai bank of not less than 400,000 baht for the past 2 months for expenses within a year.

or

It has to be your money!

i went to Samui immigation yesterday as my visa runs out soon, i showed the boss my bank account with over 400,000 over 2 months and asked if this was ok for marriage visa. he said he wanted letter from the embassey to show some monthly income, how much i asked and he said any, he wants to see i have money coming to Thailand every month. is this correct or is the 400,000 enough

The rules state cleare 400,000 or 40,000 income. Note that some officers will want to see some cash flow in your bankbook. That he wants to see an embassy letter regarding your income is strange.

thats Samui for you. the account i have has had about 100k every 2 months go in for last year the other account shows 800,000 going in for retirement visa last year, i also have ayattaya bank book for 5 years. i guess i will have to do the same as last year and pay a lawyer 10k to get it through who then in turn back hands immigation. can i get a copy of the rules from anywhere

Edited by NALAK

The rules state cleare 400,000 or 40,000 income. Note that some officers will want to see some cash flow in your bankbook. That he wants to see an embassy letter regarding your income is strange.

thats Samui for you. the account i have has had about 100k every 2 months go in for last year the other account shows 800,000 going in for retirement visa last year, i also have ayattaya bank book for 5 years. i guess i will have to do the same as last year and pay a lawyer 10k to get it through who then in turn back hands immigation. can i get a copy of the rules from anywhere

The Rules in English 2.18(6)

The Rules in Thai

Just out of curiosity ............ Didn't I read that the money per month for a married couple could also come from a Thai business ? If my wife runs a business & she is Thai & we show say 40-70k baht a month wouldn't that qualify?

Just out of curiosity ............ Didn't I read that the money per month for a married couple could also come from a Thai business ? If my wife runs a business & she is Thai & we show say 40-70k baht a month wouldn't that qualify?

Not since November 25th 2008. It now has to be the Husbands money or income. :o

Not since November 25th 2008. It now has to be the Husbands money or income. :o

Thank You LB

That explains it as my info was from 6/08

Too bad as it seemed like a easier way to go for the most part.

I remember someone told me he & his wife paid about 1000 THB every 6 months in tax is all.