Valentines Day Approaching!

rideswings

Just wanted to remind you last minute guys that Valentines Day is quickly approaching, so if you are sending something to the LOS, nows is the time to mail it to make sure it gets there on time. I took the easy way out and sent my love via Western Union... I know she will get it on time :o

i would love to know what everyone else is getting their sweethearts...

Edited by rideswings

Just wanted to remind you last minute guys that Valentines Day is quickly approaching, so if you are sending something to the LOS, nows is the time to mail it to make sure it gets there on time. I took the easy way out and sent my love via Western Union... I know she will get it on time :D

:o

Just wanted to remind you last minute guys that Valentines Day is quickly approaching, so if you are sending something to the LOS, nows is the time to mail it to make sure it gets there on time. I took the easy way out and sent my love via Western Union... I know she will get it on time :o

You can look on line and find some local florists that might be cheaper than using a U.S. based one (e.g., Western Union or FTD). I once got an really nice artificial arrangement that got me points for the specific occassion (wasn't valentines) and has made a great table center piece ever since. At my request, they even made a special effort to have it delivered by 8:30 am even though they didn't open until 8:00 am.

You should send her a package instead of money, maximize your future together, send a condom and some birth control pills. That way when you get back, no surprise

Nothing else would make me feel greater than "spending quality time" with my loved one.

And

The best Valentine gift would be.... the other one in the relationship.

So no fancy gifts necessary

Just me here

Edited by teacup

Valentines Day is a bad American habit which shouldn't be exported to Asia or Europe.

Hmmmm. So, Valentine is an American habit exported to Europe and Asia ? :o

a truly unnecessary invention anyway...except for the industry

Valentines Day is a bad American habit which shouldn't be exported to Asia or Europe.

yea....don't fall into the corporate scheme!!!

Ah, good to see the age of romance is not dead on thai Visa...

nothing like a swift transfer to show your love.If in thailand buy lots of gold.flowers in my experience are a no no."what you give me flowers for,what can i do with flowers!" bad choice.maybe perfume,but always hit and miss if you choose wrong fragrance.how about a voucher to some pampering salon,face mask,massage,nails etc.

What's romantic about Valentine's Day? A saint's day that was remanufactured by greeting card companies to get people to spend more money. :D

nothing like a swift transfer to show your love.If in thailand buy lots of gold.flowers in my experience are a no no."what you give me flowers for,what can i do with flowers!" bad choice.maybe perfume,but always hit and miss if you choose wrong fragrance.how about a voucher to some pampering salon,face mask,massage,nails etc.

True, flowers are nice but I think it is waste of money especially during Valentine's... the price is so crazy!!

and the dinner place in Bangkok will be pretty crowded... how can I feel romantic?

For me, I prefer money or/and diamond!!!

haha... why need to be too cost? Just one sweet kiss is enough.. :o

What's romantic about Valentine's Day? A saint's day that was remanufactured by greeting card companies to get people to spend more money. :D

What's romantic about it? The fact that it has been rightly or wrongly used as a day for romance. But we could go on couldn't we... what's Christian about Christmas? What do bunnies have to do with easter etc, etc etc.

But when we have Thai partners that ignore this day, we have to make excuses as to why they are ignoring it, unless they are on the receiving end, that is. Don't we?

To the OP, best to give money or a gold bracelet. Flowers are not very well accepted. No resale value and not very toothsome to eat.

If you are really against Valentine and don't feel the need to buy anything for your Valentine, I suggest that you don't buy any christmas presents either, cus it's all the same BS.

Pagan / religous festivals being marketed is nothing new.

Best to go with the flow rather than be a stick in the mud.

Edited by Geekfreaklover

What's romantic about it? The fact that it has been rightly or wrongly used as a day for romance. But we could go on couldn't we... what's Christian about Christmas? What do bunnies have to do with easter etc, etc etc.

Buy her a bunch of flowers get it over with.

If you don't like doing it, I suggest that you don't buy any christmas presents either, cus it's all the same BS.

:o I am a woman! Shall I buy myself flowers? Because I know my husband sure as heck won't! :D

Noise - I think flowers are a great idea for my GF. She's a real romantic and can see past the "uselessness" of flowers. Great idea.

Bruceboy - and thank you for reminding me to send a gift to not only my GF but to my mom and daughter as well.

Sub - old fashioned and reliable :o

Canadianmonkey - Yes dad, I will be sure to do that.

Neer - many people in the USA send to mom, mom will always be my GF... and my daughter as well even if its just a card.

Teacup - Youre lucky, I wish I could be with my loved one this V-day... we're oceans apart.

Geek - nice answer... guess there are some American-holiday haters out there... or unemotional cheapskates.

Samui - I guess it helps to ask before you give flowers...

Midori - youre easy to buy a gift for

Moon - I hope you can get away with it...

SBK - maybe you can buy yourself flowers and give your husband something of equal value

I personally find V-Day to be one of the happiest days of the year, a day to throw caution to the wind, tell your significant other how much you love them, and treat them to something nice. Thankfully I have a GF this year. Otherwise its usually mom and my daughter who get the flowers and candy. I havent met a person yet who didnt enjoy the pleasure of giving the person they love a nice gift... and it goes a long way.

Edited by rideswings

Buy her a bunch of flowers get it over with.

If you don't like doing it, I suggest that you don't buy any christmas presents either, cus it's all the same BS.

:o I am a woman! Shall I buy myself flowers? Because I know my husband sure as heck won't! :D

:D Yes, sorry SBK, I realised my error just after I posted and amended my post.

My flowers are in the post to Phangnan!

Edited by Geekfreaklover

:D Yes, sorry SBK, I realised my error just after I posted and amended my post.

My flowers are in the post to Phangnan!

Now that is sweet :D

But, to be honest, no, Christmas doesn't have alot of meaning for me here either. Valentines Day far less so. As I said, it is the random thoughtful act or gift that is far more romantic and meaningful to me than a holiday planned and marketed for "romance". Real romance is thoughtfulness and consideration.

My dad would always buy my mom little gifts, a snickers when he went to the grocery store, a pair of earrings when he went on a business trip, flowers just because. To me, it is acts like these that show that you are really thinking of your loved one

Just last week I went to the pub with a couple of lads after work.

I didn't stay out late and before leaving the pub to go home, I ordered some nacho's with cheese to take home for my wife.

This little gesture was a nice surprise for my wife's it is one of her favourite snacks, and her face lit up when I got home.

As SBK suggests, it's the little things all year round that count. I don't need some specific date and some marketing gimmic to let my wife know that I love her.

I personally find V-Day to be one of the happiest days of the year, a day to throw caution to the wind, tell your significant other how much you love them, and treat them to something nice. Thankfully I have a GF this year. Otherwise its usually mom and my daughter who get the flowers and candy. I havent met a person yet who didnt enjoy the pleasure of giving the person they love a nice gift... and it goes a long way.

petty you, if you need something telling you when to be romantic...