¡just Arrived To Chiang Mai! ¡your Advise,please!

bagan68

¡Hi everyone!

I have just arrived to Chiang Mai in order to stay here and I would like to ask for your advise in the following topics

Which bank and where is suitable for foreigners?

Where can I hire a motorcycle?

Where can I find a good cooking course? I heard somebody talking in this forum about an old lady that was very good. I just would like to go one or two days per week.

Where should I buy a mobile phone and which company is better to use?

Any recomendations about areas to rent a house or a condo. I don´t mind if it is a little bit outside the city centre

Which day and at what time is next Tuskers newcomers day?

Any recomendations about a good massage parlour?

Sorry for asking so many questions that probably have been answered many times but I will save quite a lot of time going around with your help.

¡Thanks a lot four your advises! :o

Cheers,

Sorry for asking so many questions that probably have been answered many times but I will save quite a lot of time going around with your help.

Hi bagan68 - and welcome to CM. Your questions have certainly been answered many times on the CM sub-forum - please use the search* function at the top right of your screen and you will find many answers and suggestions for each question you have asked. If you still have questions after that, many people here will be ready to help.

* I recommend you to click "More search options", then select Chiang Mai sub-forum in the left-side window and "Show results as posts" on the right.

Hi bagan68 - and welcome to CM. Your questions have certainly been answered many times on the CM sub-forum - please use the search* function at the top right of your screen and you will find many answers and suggestions for each question you have asked. If you still have questions after that, many people here will be ready to help.

* I recommend you to click "More search options", then select Chiang Mai sub-forum in the left-side window and "Show results as posts" on the right.

Thank you very much Steve. I found out most of the information needed. The rest I will find out probably walking around. What I don´t find is which is the next Wednesday with a newcomers dinner at Tuskers.

Thanks for your help,

Cheers,

Thank you very much Steve. I found out most of the information needed. The rest I will find out probably walking around. What I don´t find is which is the next Wednesday with a newcomers dinner at Tuskers.

Thanks for your help,

Cheers,

Take lots of advice from many sources. Don't jump in too quickly. Weigh the advice carefully particularly if from a farang business. Farang visitors/ expats are their niche market. Do you have any trusted Thai friends - perhaps make some -

And there is no such thing as a free lunch - particularly in thailand.

Welcome to CM.

Thanks for your help,

Cheers,

Take lots of advice from many sources. Don't jump in too quickly. Weigh the advice carefully particularly if from a farang business. Farang visitors/ expats are their niche market. Do you have any trusted Thai friends - perhaps make some -

And there is no such thing as a free lunch - particularly in thailand.

Welcome to CM.

Thanks Dintahiland. I do have some Thai people that I know in Chiang Mai as I use to work in Tourism in Spain¡Before coming here!

Thanks for your advise,

Cheers

KASIKORN BANK seems to be the easiest and most friendly for foreigners to open and account... I also use SCB ... purple bank.

AIS or DTAC... if you want 3G... 3GSM... but only in the city. I have had issues with consistent GPRS signal with DTAC... it is hit or miss for everyone :-)

I would try DOI SAKET or HANG DONG area... if you don't mind living 10+ KM outside the city then MAE RIM is popular and cheap.

Find a nice Thai Girlfriend to teach you to cook :-)

Depends on the type of massage you want :-)

¡Hi everyone!

I have just arrived to Chiang Mai in order to stay here and I would like to ask for your advise in the following topics

Where can I find a good cooking course? I heard somebody talking in this forum about an old lady that was very good. I just would like to go one or two days per week.

Any recomendations about areas to rent a house or a condo. I don´t mind if it is a little bit outside the city centre

Cheers,

hi, i have lots of properties available here in Chiang Mai

Are you thinking if a house ( some in nice compound with shared facilites)

or a condo?

Please let me know what kind of budget you have?

Also how many bedrooms.

Id be happy to help

¡Hi everyone!

Cheers,

hi, i have lots of properties available here in Chiang Mai

Are you thinking if a house ( some in nice compound with shared facilites)

or a condo?

Please let me know what kind of budget you have?

Also how many bedrooms.

Id be happy to help

¡Hi!

Thanks for your mail.

I am looking for a condo or a house(If it is in a nice compund with shared facilities better).Nice area, at least two rooms + living room+ kitchen, internet conection,furnished, swiiming pool if possible, Aircon,parking facilities. I have a budget around 12 to 15 thousand Bahts.

Cheers,

ask any tuk tuk driver to take you to Mr Beer motorbike rentals.

when at his place, look right and go up the street then make a left and you will see another place with better prices and newer bikes.

Beer is ok though and easy to get along with.