Eucalyptus Prices

PaddyThai

We have about 200 rai of 4 1/2 year old Eucalyptus in Chaiyaphum which we are hoping to sell. The local companies are not too keen to buy. Not sure if this is because of recession and reduced demand for eucalyptus. Anyone out there no of current prices being paid for eucalyptus?

We have about 200 rai of 4 1/2 year old Eucalyptus in Chaiyaphum which we are hoping to sell. The local companies are not too keen to buy. Not sure if this is because of recession and reduced demand for eucalyptus. Anyone out there no of current prices being paid for eucalyptus?

The price has dropped from around 900 baht a tonne to something over 400 baht a tonne due to shrinking demand, ie recession.

200 Rai is a lot of Eucalypt. 2500 - 4000 tonnes or about 100 x 22 wheel truck loads.

I would try approaching a mill directly, rather than going through the middle men (who will always tell you the price is down when you go to sell). Explain to the mill that you are in no hurry to cut them down & can work to their schedule ie. cut when they need, full or partial lot. You will get a much better price this way.

• 11 months later...

Hello There Paddy Thai, I have a buyer interested. Are you capable of handling the product to ship's rail port of delivery. Price offered is USD120 PER TONNE (CIF). My buyer is interested in all that you can produce. PM me Cheers

Edited by Lite Beer
Email Removed.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

The other day i asked a wood yard about buying Eucalyptus i want about 6 tonne they quoted me 1baht per kilo = 1000 baht 1 tonne. They sell to AA or is it AAA papermills, but i bet not at that price. They are just 2 k outside Nong Rong on the Pacum rd, just as the road go's into a single carrageway on the left. I go pass there about 4 times a week i'll see if they have phone number next time.

The other day i asked a wood yard about buying Eucalyptus i want about 6 tonne they quoted me 1baht per kilo = 1000 baht 1 tonne. They sell to AA or is it AAA papermills, but i bet not at that price. They are just 2 k outside Nong Rong on the Pacum rd, just as the road go's into a single carrageway on the left. I go pass there about 4 times a week i'll see if they have phone number next time.

Bi,000 a tonne? that is a good price. In Ban Kruat, they pay B700 a tonne for "thick", B500 for medium, B400 for "sticks" Price is really bad and has been for years.In this area, most people have ripped out their Euca. Price was bad BEFORE the G.F.C..Only euca really left here now, is that which has been planted around the perimeter of paddy fields.