Extracorporeal Shockwave Therapy (eswt) For Orthopaedic Pain Therapy.

Felt 35

Extracorporeal Shockwave Therapy (ESWT) for orthopaedic pain therapy.

Is there anyone who have any recently information about access to the above treatment in Thailand?

I have been searching for hospitals here for years to try to find one with access to this treatment and have also been in contact with the Asia pacific distributor but without luck.

Singapore and Malaysia offer the treatment and I have used a Clinic in Malaysia, but are a bit bored with travelling once a week for a period of 3-5 weeks for each treatment package!

Personal experience with the above treatment have been amazing compared to traditional and conservative physiotherapy which is time consuming and include the need for rest.

With ESWT there are no need to be away from workplace or sports field. Treatment once a week for 3-5 weeks, and each treatment takes just a few minutes.

If anyone have any updated info regarding access to this treatment in Thailand I would be very grateful if you let me know.

Extracorporeal Shockwave Therapy (ESWT) for orthopaedic pain therapy is not to be mistaken by the shockwave equipment/treatment of kidney stones even if the ESWT Dolorclast technology have been developed from the same principles.

BTW, I write this in my own interest and have no connection with any distributor/provider of the equipment/treatment

Thanks

:o

I have no idea, but since it requires specialized equipment the easiest way to find out might be to contact a regional supplier and ask them if they can refer you to a hospital in Thailand which has purchased one.

Try Dornier MedTech Asia , I believe they are the main supplier for the region. e-mail: [email protected]

And if you do find a place with it, let us know, thanks

• 2 years later...

Regarding Extracorporeal shockwave therapy in Thailand,

True it is hard to find an expert, but there is one in Bangkok who is a renowned expert in this field.

Please, please, where can this renowned expert be found in Bangkok; and what is his/her name? ( I have plantar fasciitis + heel spurs). I have had the cortisone shot, had a week of lazer/ ultra sound/ hot packs....and just finished acupuncture twice a week in the past month. All this for minimal pain relief.

Cheers, Off road

I can't help re the eswt, but most people get great relief from the pain of plantar fascitis/heel spurs simply through arch support. I find the best ones are a really inexpensive elastic wrap that slides on and costs about $10 for 2, you can easily find online. Or you can create a similar facsimilie out of an elastic bandage (cut to size and sew or glue together into a tube shape- make sure it is tight enough to give some lift to the arch.).

Some people also find orthotic inserts helpful but of course that's feasible only if you wear closed shoes.

Night splints that keep your foto flexed will also give much relief but some people have trouble sleeping with them on. .

I can't help re the eswt, but most people get great relief from the pain of plantar fascitis/heel spurs simply through arch support. I find the best ones are a really inexpensive elastic wrap that slides on and costs about $10 for 2, you can easily find online. Or you can create a similar facsimilie out of an elastic bandage (cut to size and sew or glue together into a tube shape- make sure it is tight enough to give some lift to the arch.).

Some people also find orthotic inserts helpful but of course that's feasible only if you wear closed shoes.

Night splints that keep your foto flexed will also give much relief but some people have trouble sleeping with them on. .

Sheryl,

Many thanks for your kind words. I have been using orthotics .....in all of my footware for the past 2 years, and more recently heel cups. The inflimation is still there.....I have located an ESWT machine,( @ BNH) and I shall hopefully start this week.

Cheers, Off road

• 3 weeks later...

Sheryl,

Many thanks for your kind words. I have been using orthotics .....in all of my footware for the past 2 years, and more recently heel cups. The inflimation is still there.....I have located an ESWT machine,( @ BNH) and I shall hopefully start this week.

Cheers, Off road

Some time ago your last post but allows me to ask if you tried the ESWT at BNH and if it was the handheld Swiss Dolorclast model http://tdwmedical.health.officelive.com/EMSSwissDolorClast.aspx or the Dornier Epos Ultra http://www.dornier.com/asia_en/products/orthopedics/epos-ultra-overview/ergonomic-design/

Thanks.