Unofficial Thai Visa Meet Up - 20th February 2009

bkkjames

...not only that if I remember well... :o

Oi!!  Just because on  my first night out with TV folk in ptya i was getting whipped on stage by some nice looking girlies....doesnt make me a bad person...just a bit of a perv! :D

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is the "Huntsman" actually inside the Landmark or just in the vicinity?

Yes, in the basement level.

Sounds good to me, however, maybe a lttle more info. for those who are not familiar with that area of Bkk.

Entertainment? Drink prices? Ambience? All good to go? Map for those who might feel like coming but don't know where the Landmark is?

Thanx James. :D

The Huntsman - Basement Level - The Landmark Hotel, next to the BTS at NANA. Though negotiations are still under way :o , this is what their Marketing Director first proposed...

we have a double Happy Hour on both food and drinks from 3-9pm everyday. Our Happy Hour on drinks is Buy 1 Get 1 Free on local draught beers/bottles, wines, cocktails and spirits. During this period we also have a discounted food menu with prices starting from 95 baht.

From 9pm we will also have Live music from our excellent resident band Sweet Inspiration until 1am

OK - Lets make it Friday 20th February - Huntsman Bar (Basement Landmark Hotel) - from 7.30pm onwards.

Unofficial Thai Visa Pissup - 20 Feb 2009 (Fri)

When: Friday 20th Feb 2009 7.30PM - ???????

Where: Huntsman Bar (Basement Landmark Hotel) Sukhumvit Road Bangkok

Why: Meet your fellow TV members

:D:o:D:wai::D:D

Attendees please add your name to the list below:

bkkjames

lazychef

theoldgit

Soundman

Saorsa

Big Toe

Midas

OK - Lets make it Friday 20th February - Huntsman Bar (Basement Landmark Hotel) - from 7.30pm onwards.

bkkjames

lazychef (lazygourmet, actually)

theoldgit

Soundman

Saorsa

Big Toe

Midas

Is the "Huntsman" actually inside the Landmark or just in the vicinity?

Yes, in the basement level.

Sounds good to me, however, maybe a lttle more info. for those who are not familiar with that area of Bkk.

Entertainment? Drink prices? Ambience? All good to go? Map for those who might feel like coming but don't know where the Landmark is?

Thanx James. :D

The Huntsman - Basement Level - The Landmark Hotel, next to the BTS at NANA. Though negotiations are still under way :o , this is what their Marketing Director first proposed...

we have a double Happy Hour on both food and drinks from 3-9pm everyday. Our Happy Hour on drinks is Buy 1 Get 1 Free on local draught beers/bottles, wines, cocktails and spirits. During this period we also have a discounted food menu with prices starting from 95 baht.

From 9pm we will also have Live music from our excellent resident band Sweet Inspiration until 1am

Also, just got another PM from the Marketing Director to add...

In addition to our Happy Hour we also have two other promotions running at the moment which are available all day & night everyday.

1) Wine of the World promotion, Buy 1 Bottle Get 1 Bottle Free.

2) Jack Daniels, Buy 1 Get 1 Free by Glass & By Bottle

Hi there,

Just a quick question. Whats the age group of peoples meeting up, its not over 60s is it?

-Sean

Despite certain poster's screen-names, for the most part we are 25-40 I would guess, but if Thithi comes and brings along her groupies and gf's, the average age will come down a bit.

Anyways Sean, you have something against senior citizens mate? You will be one someday :o

Huntsman has three different kinds of seating configurations, if I recall correctly.

1. a rectangular central bar-tending area ringed by bar stools.

2. upholstered booths sized to accommodate 4 or 6 around the perimeter walls.

and 3. loose and moveable/arrangeable tables in between 1 and 2..., which would seem to fit best for accommodating any larger groups of folks.

In general, the Huntsman Pub is a very comfortable and low-key place for dining and drinking, and the Filipino band that's permanently stationed there serves up a good evening of mostly pop and mainstream farang hit songs.

Though without their Happy Hour specials or any other special accommodation, an evening of serious drinking at the Huntsman gets to be a bit pricey because the pub is still part of the rather pricey Landmark Hotel.

They've been running/advertising the regular Happy Hour specials for quite some time. But the mention above about the 2-for-1 Jack Daniels bottles and glasses (24/7) is one I've not heard of or seen advertised by them before.

Edited by jfchandler

bkkjames

lazygourmet

theoldgit

Soundman

Saorsa

Big Toe

Midas

thithi (Birthday pissup?)

paquito (80% chance)

futureexpat (might finally make it)

Update.

Huntsman has three different kinds of seating configurations, if I recall correctly.

1. a rectangular central bar-tending area ringed by bar stools.

2. upholstered booths sized to accommodate 4 or 6 around the perimeter walls.

and 3. loose and moveable/arrangeable tables in between 1 and 2..., which would seem to fit best for accommodating any larger groups of folks.

In general, the Huntsman Pub is a very comfortable and low-key place for dining and drinking, and the Filipino band that's permanently stationed there serves up a good evening of mostly pop and mainstream farang hit songs.

Though without their Happy Hour specials or any other special accommodation, an evening of serious drinking at the Huntsman gets to be a bit pricey because the pub is still part of the rather pricey Landmark Hotel.

They've been running/advertising the regular Happy Hour specials for quite some time. But the mention above about the 2-for-1 Jack Daniels bottles and glasses (24/7) is one I've not heard of or seen advertised by them before.

Thanks JFC for the seating review. The Marketing Director said in a PM that he would allow us to be grouped together. As for costs of drinks, they are in line with prices we experienced at the last P-Up before Christmas.

As for renaming Thithi's Birthday, well, we'll have to vote on that at the event proper. :o

Thanks JFC for the seating review. The Marketing Director said in a PM that he would allow us to be grouped together. As for costs of drinks, they are in line with prices we experienced at the last P-Up before Christmas.

As for renaming Thithi's Birthday, well, we'll have to vote on that at the event proper. :D

Well if it means Thithi and her friends will come I would vote now !!!! And I vote YES :D

BT the more the btter :o

The meetup? Sounds fun...

But whilst I don't drink, so may be just a little stop by there.... really want to see how's khun James in real..

Since he is sooooo.... :o

Nah...kiddin...... just sometimes feel so much fun reading khun James's teasing to a lovely girl here..... :D

Well, will see if I don't have to go out town for the biz's meeting....