Extension Of Stay

Will be applying for my extension of stay based on marriage shortly. May be going back home next year but not finalised yet. Do you have to file for a re-entry permit whilst applying for the extension or could I do it before I leave when I know the dates for sure? I would think the latter, but would like confirmation before I put a foot wrong.

Cheers

jackr

Will be applying for my extension of stay based on marriage shortly. May be going back home next year but not finalised yet. Do you have to file for a re-entry permit whilst applying for the extension or could I do it before I leave when I know the dates for sure? I would think the latter, but would like confirmation before I put a foot wrong.

Cheers

jackr

What is your visa status now Jack, and what is your nationality ?

You can apply for re-entry up until the time you enter immigration area at airport.

A re-entry permit only allows travel return up to the date of your current permitted to stay stamp date so you would not want to apply for it until your extension has been approved if travel is going to be later.

The latter.

You can apply for re-entry up until the time you enter immigration area at airport.

A re-entry permit only allows travel return up to the date of your current permitted to stay stamp date so you would not want to apply for it until your extension has been approved if travel is going to be later. 

The latter.

Cheers Lop.

Non-imm 'O', Doc, and British...or one of them soapdodgers as you call us, or does that just apply to the English, of which I am. :o

The latter.

Cheers Lop.

Non-imm 'O', Doc, and British...or one of them soapdodgers as you call us, or does that just apply to the English, of which I am. :o

It is all in fun Jack. Can I presume you are on a one year extended visa ?

The latter.

Cheers Lop.

I know ol' mate. :D On a three-month 'O' which expires end of this month and will be applying for the extension shortly.

The latter.

Cheers Lop.

I know ol' mate. :D On a three-month 'O' which expires end of this month and will be applying for the extension shortly.

Then you'll need to get moving and arrange the extension before the end of the month. You'll need to do the extension again next year, and get a re-entry permit to enable you to return here after your visit home next year.