Visa Extension

Came to Patts on a 2 month visa in December, looking to live here.(Already approved for Retirement Visa) Part of the reason for the trip is medical, had an abdominal operation here a couple of years ago & a complications arose , rectified at no cost by BPH. BUT, now have a problem of fluid in my abdominal cavity , but, it is being taken out (Aspirated) by needle every couple of days as an out patient.

Also left in Jan for a few days to KL to teach a class , came back & received a 30 day visa at the BKK airport.

Have had a couple of frustrating visits to Jomtien Immigration , in the fact that it has been so crowded , I never got attended to. Going back on Tuesday/Wednesday as my visa expires on 11th.Feb (Wed).

Did talk to a Farang Volunteer there last Friday (Blustery European very full of his own self) , I should say he talked AT me & told me I could get 7 days MAYBE 14 , this was after I showed him a Medical Cert. in English & Thai stating I was required to stay another TWO months for further treatment.

Suggestions please & I can do without the wit , thanks folks.

:o

You can get an extension for medical care. It will be up to immigration and dependent on what medical certification says,

If not then all you will get is 7 days.

From the police order for extensions.

2.25 In the case of medical treatment or convalescence or to look after a patient: Permission will be granted for a period of not more than 90 days at a time.

(1) Confirmation and request has been made by a physician responsible for the treatment. The Physician must describe the details of treatment and advised that the illness is a barrier for travelling.

You can get an extension for medical care. It will be up to immigration and dependent on what medical certification says,

Oherwise all you will get is 7 days,

2.25 In the case of medical treatment or convalescence or to look after a patient: Permission will be granted for a period of not more than 90 days at a time.

(1) Confirmation and request has been made by a physician responsible for the treatment. The Physician must describe the details of treatment and advised that the illness is a barrier for travelling.

Thank You

From what I understand if you could get to Valentine Loes, as it appears your over 50, you could get a Double entry type '0' = 2x 90 days, so you would need to do a boarder run just before the 1st 90 days.

maybe a better option? or an option if you only get 7 days extension

From what I understand if you could get to Valentine Loes, as it appears your over 50, you could get a Double entry type '0' = 2x 90 days, so you would need to do a boarder run just before the 1st 90 days.

maybe a better option? or an option if you only get 7 days extension

There is no Double Entry Non O Visa. The best he could expect there would be a single entryNon Imm O OR a double entry Tourist Visa.

Came to Patts on a 2 month visa in December, looking to live here.(Already approved for Retirement Visa) Part of the reason for the trip is medical, had an abdominal operation here a couple of years ago & a complications arose , rectified at no cost by BPH. BUT, now have a problem of fluid in my abdominal cavity , but, it is being taken out (Aspirated) by needle every couple of days as an out patient.

Also left in Jan for a few days to KL to teach a class , came back & received a 30 day visa at the BKK airport.

Have had a couple of frustrating visits to Jomtien Immigration , in the fact that it has been so crowded , I never got attended to. Going back on Tuesday/Wednesday as my visa expires on 11th.Feb (Wed).

Did talk to a Farang Volunteer there last Friday (Blustery European very full of his own self) , I should say he talked AT me & told me I could get 7 days MAYBE 14 , this was after I showed him a Medical Cert. in English & Thai stating I was required to stay another TWO months for further treatment.

LtCol

What do you mean>

.(Already approved for Retirement Visa) ?

Have you been give a Retirement Extension?

Bill

Good that clears that..

Please could you advise... 'The best he could expect there would be a single entryNon Imm O', This is good for 90 days? and can he go again at the end of this and get another 90 days?

He could do, but a Double Entry Tourist Visa would be a better option.

LtCol

What do you mean>

.(Already approved for Retirement Visa) ?

Have you been give a Retirement Extension?

Bill

We did not go ahead with the retirement visa & came on a 60 day one instead thinking to look around while all the unrest & uncertainy was on . Didn't think that buying a Condo & Vehicle was prudent right now.

Sent my wife back to Perth in January thinkink I might be another wek or so not another Month or two. She is flying back on Thursday & I believe she can get a 3 month Tourist visa on arrival.

John(Jack) Ryan

...Sent my wife back to Perth in January thinkink I might be another wek or so not another Month or two. She is flying back on Thursday & I believe she can get a 3 month Tourist visa on arrival.

If your wife travels without a visa she does not need a visa on arrival. Arriving in Thailand without a visa she will get permission to stay for 30 days. If she plans to stay longer, ie up to 60 days, she should get a tourist visa before she leaves home. For an even longer stay a non-O visa, if necessary for multiple entries, would be available from the Thai consulate in Perth.

--

Maestro

...Sent my wife back to Perth in January thinkink I might be another wek or so not another Month or two. She is flying back on Thursday & I believe she can get a 3 month Tourist visa on arrival.

If your wife travels without a visa she does not need a visa on arrival. Arriving in Thailand without a visa she will get permission to stay for 30 days. If she plans to stay longer, ie up to 60 days, she should get a tourist visa before she leaves home. For an even longer stay a non-O visa, if necessary for multiple entries, would be available from the Thai consulate in Perth.

--

Maestro

Yep , that's what we did before, this medical thing has screwed up a few plans. Even without the demonstrations etc.

Well , Well , wonderful service at Pattaya Immigration in Jomtien.

Produced ALL the necessary paperwork as required & a Medical Certficate from BP Hospital with the following in English & Thai,

Had operation on abdomen , Seroma (fluid) still needs to be removed by aspiration (needle) every 2 - 3 days

So he needs to stay in Thailand about 2 months longer.

This was thrown back across the desk by the Inspector who said "does not say need to stay" & then gave me seven days visa.I showed him again & watched his kinesics (Body Language ) so , shut up & thanked him

I will be very strongly reconsidering our Property purchase & retirement. Naturally , I will have to fly out & re-enter as a large fluid build up over 500cc would necessitate surgery AGAIN & I cannot sit for very long as the Compression Bandaging cuts circulation to my feet after a couple of hours. Right now , I am very bitter , I usually am emotion free, but, this rankled me. I will probably be over it to-morrow.

Thai Immigration sure knows how to encourage repeat visitors......NOT

:o:D

Airlines require that you are fit to fly and can deny you boarding for this. THey can ask you for a doctor to declare you fit to fly. If the doctor declares you unfit to fly they will deny you boarding. With this letter from te doctor and airline you could apply again for an extension, perhaps at another office.

We did not go ahead with the retirement visa & came on a 60 day one instead thinking to look around while all the unrest & uncertainy was on .

Didn't think that buying a Condo & Vehicle was prudent right now.

Pity you did not go ahead with that, it would have made life so much easier for you now.

Once you are fit to travel I suggest a trip to Laos or Malaysia by air.

When you come back with the 30 day stamp you can convert it to a Non Immigrant visa for 90 days.

This can then be extended for one year provided you can show the income of 65000 baht

a month or 800,000 baht in a Thai bank.

Buy a vehicle if you need one, there are many good second hand ones around.

Rent property until you really find what/where you want to live.

Personally I would keep the big money overseas, possibly renting out your home in Australia,

and use the investment income to pay the rent.

My oft quoted advice is "do not to bring more money into Thailand, than you are prepared

to walk away from".

Being aspirated in the AM will ask for another more emphatic letter, thank you for your input folks , it is appreciated.

I guess in reality that one bad happening will not wipe out years of fun & enjoyment. I am amazed at my emotive reaction ,when I train people to ignore emotion during judgement calls & Interviews...........

Oh well , this should convince my wife , I really am Human.

The doctor's letter should say in no uncertain terms that your medical condition does not allow you to travel for x days, weeks or months, or until <date> at the earliest, for longer than x hours at a time. Make that something like 3 hours to exclude the possibility of a border run or a trip to get a visa.

--

Maestro

The doctor's letter should say in no uncertain terms that your medical condition does not allow you to travel for x days, weeks or months, or until <date> at the earliest, for longer than x hours at a time. Make that something like 3 hours to exclude the possibility of a border run or a trip to get a visa.

--

Maestro

iT SEEMS THAT IS WHAT I will have to ask for , going this morning to the Hospital , will let you all know what is said

Well,they aspirated (removed by needle ) 87cc of fluid from my abdomen & the Doctor is now conferring with the Deputy Director of the BPH who in turn is contacting Immigration about me , so, we will see , will let you know.

By the way they went through the Certificate a word at a time & there is NO DOUBT what the request is under the heading

"History & Examination" : - "the patient has to stay in Thailand about 2 months longer"

"Diagnosis" : - "SEROMA IN ABDOMEN" then in Thai & explains seroma is body fluid.

" Recommendation " :- "Patient needs to stay in Thailand 2 months longer from now"

My wife returns from Oz to-day so at least I wont be alone. Ironically we are at the Hospital Saturday for the next drain on Valentines day. Coincidentally the 31st anniversary of our first date.

Boy, am I giving her a good time or what ??

Well, the Deputy Director of BPH is at a loss , & it appears we are better off going out & rteturning. We are going to try Jomtien again on Tuesday , but , I will have to fly out as I cannot sit for hours on end on a Bus.

Apparently there is a section of the Immigration Act that allows me to stay , but, apparently it is up to the individual Officer at the desk.

But, if we leave & fly back in , it is an automatic 30 days at BKK, as long as we have been out for a few days , not just overnight.??

Who really knows