but this time, i'm thinking about flying there for 1st try

my final destination is Pai, Mae Hong Sorn

but will also visit&stay at CM for a couple days

this gonna be my 1st time to Pai,

i've been to CM many times but never stay over

(my past travelling experiences were a bit odd,

always sleep over at the temples!)

so

any recommendations (where to stay.. where to catch taxi.. etc) are appreciately welcome!

:o

:: GFB.

Edited by Girlfrombar

Hi

i have used thai and thai orient in the past and there is very little between the two, have had flights from Chiang Mai to Bangkok for about 800b (a couple of hundred cheaper than thai)

as for staying in Chiang mia depends on what your looking for, but around the tapai gate area there are plenty of guest house's and a few hotels plus it is in the center of Chiang Mai.

I personally think Nok Air is best, by far.

Because:

Air Asia is cheap too if you book far enough ahead, but they fly only early in the morning and late at night.

Thai Airways has loads of flights but they're much more expensive

Orient Thai still flies China Airlines rejects and ticketing is a mess.

Nok Air on the other hand has an excellent booking web site that EVEN ALLOWS YOU to select your seat, which implies you actually have an assigned seat number unlike Air Asia where it's a mad run for the best seats every time they board. Also the planes are Thai Airways 737's, so it totally looks like Thai Airways.

Why I prefer Nok over Thai:

* Price

* Seat assignment on website

* Thai serves food (free) only at meal-time flights, whereas

NokAir has sandwiches and stuff available (not free, but

affordable) on all flights.

* The livery is the ###### cutest in the industy. :o

Cheers,

Chanchao

Have to agree with Chanchao,prefer NOKAIR over Air Asia every time.Nok has 5 flts per day against Air Asia's 2.

Nok has assigned seating so the free for all at boarding time is less than the Air Asia

free for all.1-2-Go is more expensive..........

cheers :o

Orient Thai still flies China Airlines rejects and ticketing is a mess.

Orient Thai flies aircraft that most African airlines have long since retired. :o

Fly Nok GFB..... we want you back in one piece. =)

cv

Totally agree with chanchao. Fly Nok Air. I flew one-two-go only once (BKK-HKT-BKK) and that's enough. We had to fly in circle over BKK Airport for 45 mins as the wheels got stuck. My friend later told me that it had happened to her before too. :o

thai airways

nok air

or

orient thai ?

i normally go to CM or the North by road

but this time, i'm thinking about flying there for 1st try

my final destination is Pai, Mae Hong Sorn

but will also visit&stay at CM for a couple days

this gonna be my 1st time to Pai,

i've been to CM many times but never stay over

(my past travelling experiences were a bit odd,

always sleep over at the temples!)

so

any recommendations (where to stay.. where to catch taxi.. etc) are appreciately welcome!

:: GFB.

How are you getting to Pai, GFB? If you're renting a bike (150 baht for a 125cc) then stay further outside town. Place called Sun Hut is one of the best (through town, over the bridge and about 500m on the right) - run by Ran and Orn - they've been there for years. The bungalows are a little more expensive than other places (150 - 400ish), but are tastefully done and the setting is nice.

If you're going by bus (nightmare ride as there are two mountains to go over) then you'd be better off staying in town. Can't recommend anywhere as I've never stayed in town but once off the bus at the main bus depot in Pai, turn left and walk down the road, there are places on either side with the quieter ones further on down.

While you're there, take you're swimming cossie and go for a dip at Tha Pai Spa Camping, near the Hot Springs. It's an upmarket guest house-type establishment on the river with some gorgeous bungalows and three steaming hot pools. Cheapest rooms are 600 baht, but non-guests can use the pools for 50 baht.

Bear in mind, Pai is very cold at night this time of year so don't forget your jeans, jumper and jacket!

Probably best to stay near Thapae Gate in Chiang Mai. Top North Hotel is ok for the money (600 baht) and has pool (look out for algae), satellite, air-con etc. Montri, nearby, ok. Roong Ruang Hotel is a bit cheaper (walking back up Thapae Road about 50m) at 400 baht but the rooms are a bit smaller.

Enjoy!

How are you getting to Pai, GFB? If you're renting a bike (150 baht for a 125cc) then stay further outside town. Place called Sun Hut is one of the best (through town, over the bridge and about 500m on the right) - run by Ran and Orn - they've been there for years. The bungalows are a little more expensive than other places (150 - 400ish), but are tastefully done and the setting is nice.

If you're going by bus (nightmare ride as there are two mountains to go over) then you'd be better off staying in town. Can't recommend anywhere as I've never stayed in town but once off the bus at the main bus depot in Pai, turn left and walk down the road, there are places on either side with the quieter ones further on down.

While you're there, take you're swimming cossie and go for a dip at Tha Pai Spa Camping, near the Hot Springs. It's an upmarket guest house-type establishment on the river with some gorgeous bungalows and three steaming hot pools. Cheapest rooms are 600 baht, but non-guests can use the pools for 50 baht.

Bear in mind, Pai is very cold at night this time of year so don't forget your jeans, jumper and jacket!

Probably best to stay near Thapae Gate in Chiang Mai. Top North Hotel is ok for the money (600 baht) and has pool (look out for algae), satellite, air-con etc. Montri, nearby, ok. Roong Ruang Hotel is a bit cheaper (walking back up Thapae Road about 50m) at 400 baht but the rooms are a bit smaller.

Enjoy!

i think i will catch a bus to Pai

i heard about some resorts around Baan Tha Pai

and gonna check them out

(a bit quite far from town but worth visitting)

then will stay in town for a couple of days

before heading back to CM to spend 1 night&day before flying back to BKK.

i just look for the "nice" guesthouse/hut/bangalow/hotel in the centre of CM

so that i can make a move easily in the next morning flight

at the same time, i can see the city lifestyle of CM in the day&night

and thx for ur recommending

cheers!

• 2 weeks later...