Jomtien Park Villas

expatgaz

Four show houses are available for inspection. Bidders of the unfinished villas will be able to select the finishing of their choice from the designer options seen in the completed models.

The auction that took place in December was at the Siam ballroom. Royal Cliff Hotel

I just jumped on the bike and went for a look. They are 1000 metres from beach road up soi 5. Or just down soi 17 from Threppasit.

They are stuck in the middle of what looks like a gigantic rubbish dump.

I would hate to have to walk the 1000 metres from the beach late at night.

This is the houses that were auctioned on 19th december.

I think it was 14 auctioned and sold, another 8 are availablle for sale. Look in the current Pattaya trader or Land and Property (I think - new A5 magazine) Both have the same article in them.

All come complete with swimming pools, etc., which means another set of headaches and more maintenance / service fees for the developer.

Prices were quite high, especially as the properties are still in the design / shell stages. I would not pay up-front for any house, as the control of quality is lost once the developer has your cash.

Jomtien Park Villas auctioned off at grand event

On Sunday December 19, the Royal Cliff Hotel hosted the Grand Auction of Jomtien Park Villas, the magnificent project developed by One Stop Real Estate and marketed by MGI Global Auctions.

b7-597.jpg

Auctioneers from MGI Global Auctions take bids at the Grand Auction of Jomtien Park Villas.

This was the first time in Pattaya that a luxury residential development was offered at an auction where the majority of the properties were sold without a minimum starting bid and without a reserve, regardless of price. A fact that many skeptics did not believe until they saw it happening with their own eyes.

Ninety-eight qualified bidders had pre-registered at the Auction Information Office prior to the auction date. Approximately 15 more chose to register at the hotel on auction day.

During the inspection period the project received a total of 591 visitors (actually more because a few, especially at the beginning, went in without leaving their details with the auction staff). 116 of those visitors went back to see the beautiful show villas more than one time. A few of them came every single day of the last week of the inspection period to see the homes at different times of the day.

A particularly pleasant event during the inspection period was a cocktail party, held on the evening of December 10, where 204 guests enjoyed a wonderful atmosphere in the four show villas. The majority of the people concentrated in the Van Gogh home, which proved spacious even for such a large crowd. Everybody enjoyed meeting the developer and the auctioneers.

A classical music trio performed on the patio next to the swimming pool. All guests commented on the impressive display of the 4 Show Villas at night and complimented the hosts for the excellent catering that was provided by the Art Caf้ and personally supervised by its gracious owner Jo Stetten.

At the auction the crowd enjoyed what almost everyone agreed was the most impressive and professional display for the sale of real estate that they had ever seen.

Fourteen Villas were offered and sold, without a minimum starting bid and regardless of price to successful bidders who were delighted with their purchases.

Observers agreed that the prices were extremely fair. The developer said what developers always say after the auctions: “We would have liked to get a bit more money, but we are satisfied with the price and extremely happy about having sold 14 homes in one single day.”

The prices at the auction ranged from 5,800,000 baht to 12,100,000 baht. The winning bidders will have to pay a 3% buyers premium on top of those prices, which is a standard practice at any auction (auction companies like Christie’s and Sotheby’s charge a minimum of 10%).

The remaining 7 villas have already been put on the market at prices slightly higher, but still extremely good value compared with any other project in Pattaya and Jomtien. At the time of writing this report, one more has been sold and only the last six are available.

The developer is also offering a new opportunity for those interested buyers who would like to have one of the floor plans that were completely sold-out at the auction (Picasso, Gaugin, Renoir and Van Gogh). Some of the projected remaining homes can be converted to adapt them to become any of this four show villas.

For more information, contact tel. (038) 303 871-5, fax (038) 373 794 email: auction @realesthai.com http://www.mgiglobalauctions.com

Change that to "beach road". If I was at one of the bars or restaurants on beach road (or sois 5 - 8) late at night or early morning. Or had jumped off the baht bus. I think that you would get mugged at least 5 times before you got home.