Pattaya Mysteryman On The Bike

syd barrett

What is this guy's story? I saw him interviewed on Thai Channel 3 but all he gave away was that he was British. The Channel 3 interviewer asked him why he did it, he actually said that he did not want to talk about it.

I think I am right in saying that he has been doing this for years. The only difference is a few years back his costume and bike were decorated, but fairly basic, now he seems to have taken the 'no expenses spared approach'.

Any more info on this local celebrity? is he a Thai Visa member? I could make a few good guesses!

post-4408-1234513262_thumb.jpg

I have seen him many times. He was subject to a Radio Broadcast by Yes2Day, the Pattaya People Radio Station. They wanted to interview him but I dont think he wantd to be bothered, but they had spoken to him and told us that he does it to entertaining people up by riding round and cheering them up.

What is this guy's story? I saw him interviewed on Thai Channel 3 but all he gave away was that he was British. The Channel 3 interviewer asked him why he did it, he actually said that he did not want to talk about it.

I think I am right in saying that he has been doing this for years. The only difference is a few years back his costume and bike were decorated, but fairly basic, now he seems to have taken the 'no expenses spared approach'.

Any more info on this local celebrity? is he a Thai Visa member? I could make a few good guesses!

the british love dressing,just look at the tory party,maybe he's sgt. pepper :o

the british love dressing,just look at the tory party,maybe he's sgt. pepper :o

I don't think he is british at all he must be from Brazil :D

if he's euro or american - why is he flying the brittish flag?

On the TV slot, when he was interviewed outside of Xzyte disc, he said he was from England. When pressed to explain why he was doing it, he just said it was his idea and he enjoyed it and could not say more. Then he was on his way again.

Weho is not American, but infact 'European' - perhaps Swiss or French. I met him (at the time unknowingly). Nice fella as it happens.

How do you know he was the real Weho? Because he said he was? Unless you saw his enema supply stash there is no way to know for certain.

Weho is American, Jingthing is American. No shit, I thought Weho was Jingthing.

I am very flattered that you think I could be capable of such legendary writing talent, but alas, tis not the case. Woe is me, for I be not the Weho.

Edited by Jingthing

From the Pattaya People Newspaper dated 11th October 2008

Every day we report the news from Pattaya – we do our best to inform you about what has happened, what will happen – and what consequences it will have for your life. But this amazing city also holds a lot of stories, which are never told. Like the one we will present to you now – the tale of a happy man with a simple life and a beautiful mission.

If you are a regular visitor to Pattaya or even a resident, you have probably seen: THE MAN ON THE GOLDEN BIKE. Who is the character that puts colour on the Pattaya scene every day – and why is he doing it? When THE MAN ON THE GOLDEN BIKE passed by the Pattaya People Media Group building in Soi Day and Night – we didn’t hesitate to jump out in front of him and persuade him to give one of his very rare interviews.

Even though we manage to engage in a question and answer session with THE MAN ON THE GOLDEN BIKE, he would not talk direct to a micro-phone or camera. As you can see he is a British, male Caucasian in his mid-thirties. When we asked himTHE GOLDEN MAN The Man on the Golden Bike for 5 years. His route starts every day when the sun starts to go down. Simply because: “it is too hot to ride a bicycle in the middle of the day” he explained.

Many people think that he is promoting some event or business – but that is actually not the case. He only rides his gold bicycle – for non-commercial reasons. WHY? What makes a normal, sane and well-spoken guy ride around in a gold suite on a gold bike with flashy lights and effects – EVERY DAY? THE MAN ON THE GOLDEN BIKE told us that he had two reasons:

Secondarily he wants to live a healthy life with regularly exercise and a body in good shape. He also enjoys swimming and taking long walks. Primarily he wants to make the people of Pattaya happy. He explained: “it gives me great satisfaction to see people smile and laugh. When I come in my gold suite on the funny bike, people notice me and think it is something very different – I meet a lot of nice people everyday when I am out on my route. ”THE MAN ON THE GOLDEN BIKE is certainly making Pattaya a more colourful placeto live. Thank you for that! His name, he pointed to a plate on his bicycle that stated: JAMES BOND. He told us that he has been riding the streets of Pattaya for five years. LINK BELOW--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pattaya People Golden Man Link

I like it.....I've been wanting to do something like that for years....wonder if he needs a riding partner...wonder what I could wear.....i like capes :o . A cape is sexy

capezv6.th.jpg

It has been common knowledge that he is ninth in line to be the King of England. So when you see him give him your heating allowance if you are getting one by fraud.

• 6 months later...

I feel all inspired now and am thinking of touring around Korat in a similar kind of way.

Not sure how it,ld go down with the missus though.....

Nice one Gold and Feathery guy,,,,should be made compulsory on at least one day a month for all.

Would,nt go down to immigration like that though.

Edited by soihok

I think he adds a nice touch to Patts. With all the bad publicity regarding sex, drugs, crime and pedophiles this is harmless and fun. To say he has no friends and is an attention whore is moronic, he is having a good time, staying healthy and making most of us smile in his journeys. He is different but it would be a boring world if everyone was the same. Good on ya.