Best Way To Treat A Small Burn

icequeen

What is the best way to treat a small burn? It doesn't seem serious enough to need hospital treatment but I don't want to run the risk of infection.

Immediate first aid for any burn: application of cold. Keep a cold pack on for at least a few hours afterwards.

After that, if red but skin unbroken, aloe is very good, if you have any of the plants (readily found all over the place in LOS) just peel open the leaf and apply the goo. (This is also very good on blisters).

If the skin is broken, Sulfadiazine ointment, found in any pharmacy under brand names Flamizine, silverol, Dermazin, Sulfatril etc. Cleanse very gently with saline or clean water and thin apply a thin film of it once or twice a day.

I was given a remedy by an old lady when I burned the skin off the back of hand with a welding torch , make a slurry with baking soda , apply it to the burn , it worked wonders , pain gone and cleared up with no infection , had to re-apply as it dried out .

I was given a remedy by an old lady when I burned the skin off the back of hand with a welding torch , make a slurry with baking soda , apply it to the burn , it worked wonders , pain gone and cleared up with no infection , had to re-apply as it dried out .

THANXZ!

• 3 months later...

Reading a health column in the local newspaper and after the cold is applied some soy sauce is then applied to a cloth and placed on burn. I had never heard about this but column writer agreed.

THANXZ!

Powdered sugar also works fine, at least for me it did specially for soothing the pain.