Vagifem (estradial)

Sheryl

Putting this in ladies' forum for obvious reasons.

I am trying to locate Vagifem, a form of estradial in suppository form. I know it is approved for use in Thailand but having no success locating a supplier, can anyone advise?

Everyplace has the premarin cream but, being a human rather than equine female, I would much prefer to stick to estradial or estriol. I am currently using estriol suppositiories that I was able to get in Cambodia but they are very expensive and scarce there.

Oestrogel can't be used for this purpose as the gel is in an alcohol base which makes for rapid drying on the skin but also makes it unsuitable for use in sensitive areas.

BTW for the benefit of those of you also peri or post menopausal, I learned the hard way that even when systemic symptoms of estrogen deficiency are either controlled by systemic replacement, tolerable without or have passed, one really, really does still need local application or some very painful conditions can occur. ..

Putting this in ladies' forum for obvious reasons.

I am trying to locate Vagifem, a form of estradial in suppository form. I know it is approved for use in Thailand but having no success locating a supplier, can anyone advise?

Everyplace has the premarin cream but, being a human rather than equine female, I would much prefer to stick to estradial or estriol. I am currently using estriol suppositiories that I was able to get in Cambodia but they are very expensive and scarce there.

Oestrogel can't be used for this purpose as the gel is in an alcohol base which makes for rapid drying on the skin but also makes it unsuitable for use in sensitive areas.

BTW for the benefit of those of you also peri or post menopausal, I learned the hard way that even when systemic symptoms of estrogen deficiency are either controlled by systemic replacement, tolerable without or have passed, one really, really does still need local application or some very painful conditions can occur. ..

a similiar type of suppository is available here in a foil pack in an oval shaped pink pill, forgot the name of it though...tell the pharmacist:

Sod Pai Nai - Sod/Insert -Pai Nai/Inside

for external use there is Lactycid in a white bottle

why do i know this stuff?...im suppose to be a guy... :o

Not at all the same stuff, sorry.

Anyhow -- I I finally found it. Thay had it at the pharmacy inside Villa supermarket on Sukhumvit Soi 33. "Had" being the operative word as there were only 3 boxes and I bought them all. However, pharmacist said she's order more and have it in about 2 weeks.

It is very expensive -- almost 800 baht ofr just 15 inserts :o . So if anyone out there is interested in teaming up for a bulk purchase direct from distributior please PM me.

Ditto with regard to Fosamax. :D

Oh, the joys of aging..............

Yeah, I'm having a blast . (not)

Finally reached menopause after 15 years of peri-menopausal issues. Felt like I'd finally reached the summit of Everest, happily went off the Zoloft and progesterone and oestrogel thinking all was now well and no more need for all these meds. And indeed, mood swings vanished, and (although this doesn't happen for everyone) all vascular symptoms did too and I felt great. Although I did notice that the greying of my hair accelerated enormously...

Stayed blissfully ignorant and free of medication for almost a year, when a bone density scan that I almost didn't bother to have done brought bad news on the bone front and I painfully discovered that equally untoward things had been going on you-know-where.

So now I'm back to taking medications, just different ones. Ya can't win!!! :o:D

Nope, you can't.

My mom couldn't tolerate Fosamax, so had a monthly drip of something. She didn't mind, she'd gotten used to going on the drip for chemo, so what did a bit of bone building hurt?

Just curious if you could talk your friendly neighborhood pharmacist into ordering for you?

My husband needs to get systane for his eyes and the local pharmacies don't carry it. He has to go over to Samui to get the drops from the eye doctor over there and I asked him if he thought that the local pharmacist would be willing to order it in for him. He didn't sound too keen on the idea of asking since the pharmacist seemed pretty insistent that only eye doctors carried it. But, its an idea you might try anyway.