Diamond Eternity Rings

Boo

I have never seen a proper jewelers in Thailand, plenty of gold shops but no jewelers selling eternity & engagement type rings so does anyone know if you can get these types in LOS, in platinum preferably & if yes, any websites/addresses for us to check out as Mr boo has made the offer to buy me one & I am of course taking him up on it :D

I have seen a couple of styles I like here and herebut wondering if the same can be found in Thailand for less. Ideally under 2k gbp would be good (for him) :o

Cheers

I have never seen a proper jewelers in Thailand, plenty of gold shops but no jewelers selling eternity & engagement type rings so does anyone know if you can get these types in LOS, in platinum preferably & if yes, any websites/addresses for us to check out as Mr boo has made the offer to buy me one & I am of course taking him up on it :D

I have seen a couple of styles I like here and herebut wondering if the same can be found in Thailand for less. Ideally under 2k gbp would be good (for him) :o

Cheers

Have you considered having one made to your own design ?

Jewelry design in Thailand is not uncommon - Diamonds are abundant and the cost of skilled labour and profit margins are relatively low when compared to the West.

I'm not sure with regards to the ruling of posting websites on the forum but I have looked at rings for my girlfriend and it looks to me as though I can choose a diamond, then with a skilled designer and jewelry maker create a one of a kind ring of our / her! choice...... I imagine that this is not too uncommon here....

Good luck......

boo I dont know any websites

but I know the areas where there are lots of diamond shops.

its called "Ban Moh' which is somewhat near the china town and little india area of Bangkok

there are also some in MBK

many of them will do custom made as well.

the others are the ones you see in department stores....not too bad...but just feels a bit impersonal

A friend of mine told me about a reputable jeweler over near the US embassy, .. Venus jewelry I think. I was looking at having the topaz my husband bought for me for my wedding ring reset. Never did get it done, but this was a recommendation from a good friend with quite a few years experience in Bangkok.

yup, quick google check , venus jewelry it must be. they even have a website venus-thailand.com

Cheers gals & guys, will have to have a look at venus website & will check out the Ban Moh area too when we are next over. I'm in rush to get it, the offer has been made & I wont forget about it :o I think if I can get a custom made piece for the same price or less than the ones I posted then it wil be much nicer. Not sure where this display of large generosity came from, he usualy pumps all spare cash into buying guitars & fx machines. :D