What Breed(s) Is Our Puppy?

My daughter rescued this pup in Chiang Mai, he's now 4 or 5 months old. I thought he may be a cocker spaniel mix. Any ideas?

I saw two soi dogs that looked the same in Mae Hong Son city.

He has long black hair obviously, I pity him in the hot season. He loves water and retrieving a ball and has the soft mouth of a spaniel. He's smart and sensitive and was following voice and hand commands for heel, sit and stay on third day of training, without a lead or treats.

I wouldn't mind paying for some good comprehensive training. Any suggestions for dog training in Chiang Mai? Don

post-74166-1234835991_thumb.jpg

post-74166-1234836169_thumb.jpg

post-74166-1234836194_thumb.jpg

post-74166-1234836214_thumb.jpg

Hi Don,

That's a beautiful pup. Especially his undershot gives him a very cute look. :o

Difficult to say what kind of mix he is from the pictures (e.g. can't tell how big he is already), but first impression is cocker/poodle? Poodle because of his face and the black curly/waving coat and his fast learning.

If he's already quite big, how about a retriever and poodle?

At LuckyDogs, see banner on the Chiang Mai forum, we provide basic obedience courses intern or as training sessions for owner and dog (I think the training sessions would be more interesting for you and your daughter as you will be fully involved in the training, and besides the basic obedience we can implement some trick training which can be enjoyable for your daughter, and the dog naturally).

If you are interested and would like to get more information, I suggest you click on the banner or go to my profile where you'll find the url of the website.

Of course you can also contact me by pm, email or telephone for further details. Contact details and route description can be found on the website, under 'contact us'.

Nienke

My daughter rescued this pup in Chiang Mai, he's now 4 or 5 months old. I thought he may be a cocker spaniel mix. Any ideas?

I saw two soi dogs that looked the same in Mae Hong Son city.

He has long black hair obviously, I pity him in the hot season. He loves water and retrieving a ball and has the soft mouth of a spaniel. He's smart and sensitive and was following voice and hand commands for heel, sit and stay on third day of training, without a lead or treats.

I wouldn't mind paying for some good comprehensive training. Any suggestions for dog training in Chiang Mai? Don

Not sure about the breed, but for training there is a poster here called Neinke who can help you. Many trainers here focus only on the dog, rather than training the owner as well.

Hi Don,

That's a beautiful pup. Especially his undershot gives him a very cute look. :o

Difficult to say what kind of mix he is from the pictures (e.g. can't tell how big he is already), but first impression is cocker/poodle? Poodle because of his face and the black curly/waving coat and his fast learning.

If he's already quite big, how about a retriever and poodle?

At LuckyDogs, see banner on the Chiang Mai forum, we provide basic obedience courses intern or as training sessions for owner and dog (I think the training sessions would be more interesting for you and your daughter as you will be fully involved in the training, and besides the basic obedience we can implement some trick training which can be enjoyable for your daughter, and the dog naturally).

If you are interested and would like to get more information, I suggest you click on the banner or go to my profile where you'll find the url of the website.

Of course you can also contact me by pm, email or telephone for further details. Contact details and route description can be found on the website, under 'contact us'.

Nienke