Cm Fitness Parks

nokia

Hey folks,

I am looking for a fitness park for jogging/brisk walking & maybe some basic equipment like chin-up bars etc.

Normally i go to the tiny park along Nimmahemin road but the track length is less than 200metres.

Buak Hat Park is better for jogging/brisk walking but i think there's no outdoor equipment.

The fitness park near the zoo is not so good as it's mosquitoes-infested.

How about CMU parks or the old municipal stadium? Any fitness park to recommend?

I think the 700 year stadium has it all but it's quite far away....

Cheers!

At Suan Sukapap (the park along Nimmanhemind) you can easily make a longer loop by leaving the designated track at the south end (away from Nimmanhemind) and making a big circuit around the conference center, coming back through the parking lot past all the badminton players. At least that's what I used to do a few years ago when I lived in that area.

I'm not totally sure, but I think I remember that Suan Lanna has some workout stations along the paved loop trails. To get there, from Kuang Singh intersection (superhighway) go north on the Mae Rim road. Go past the first traffic light, the park is a short ways down on your left. The times I've been there it's been nearly empty.

The Municipal Stadium is great for jogging or walking laps. We go there at night often for brisk walking. I don't know about chin-up bars. There is a gym there but i don't know what it costs to use.

The stadium is quite breezy early in the morning with quite a few regular joggers. Is it dark at night?

At Suan Sukapap (the park along Nimmanhemind) you can easily make a longer loop by leaving the designated track at the south end (away from Nimmanhemind) and making a big circuit around the conference center, coming back through the parking lot past all the badminton players. At least that's what I used to do a few years ago when I lived in that area.

I used to run a bigger loop around the car parks instead of the short & windy track of less than 150metres.

There is a lot of area just inside the entrance to CMU on Huay Kaew, although maybe no chin up bars.

Maybe i will try the huge area inside CMU. I always wonder whether the security guards at CMU's entrance will ask me where am i going since i am neither student nor staff?

I'm not totally sure, but I think I remember that Suan Lanna has some workout stations along the paved loop trails. To get there, from Kuang Singh intersection (superhighway) go north on the Mae Rim road. Go past the first traffic light, the park is a short ways down on your left. The times I've been there it's been nearly empty.

This fitness park is something new. i will probably go & take a look. Thanks! :o

Cheers!