Villa Market In Phuket

thaigerd

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have informed the owner about the complains from the Phuket customers!

Gerd

Same problem with me when I had a coffee outside in front of the DJ :)

Gerd,

I live in Rawai but work in Angola 28/28 I bought a good selection of Meat Veal Cops,Lamb Chops, Striploin etc Froze it and took it with me to Angola.

Excellent still frozen by the time I got here. Its great to see High Quality Meat and it makes my 28 days in West Africa pass that much better knowing that I am going to have a treat at the weekends.

Bread Counter not so good though and why do Heinz Beans and the Scottish Favourite Soft Drink Irn Bru sell out as quickly as they are put on the shelves with no replacement.

Would like to see Lorne Sausage (Sausage Slices) great in a Bread Roll (From Dons) Lurpack Butter & HP Sauce.

All in all a great new shopping experience and not as far to go as Tops or Carrefour.

Keep up the Good work will be back for my African Supplies again middle of June.

...why do Heinz Beans and the Scottish Favourite Soft Drink Irn Bru sell out as quickly as they are put on the shelves with no replacement...
.... i leave angry because theres no dr.peppers...

Just-in-time (JIT) is an inventory strategy implemented to improve the return on investment of a business by....

Sorry. I was day dreaming for a while there. :D

It's not only Villa - every supermarket I know runs out of popular stuff and never seems to order more, even when this happens week after week, month after month. Someone suggested that suppliers of the other products (that they never seem to run out of) actually pay for shelf space :D. Surely not. :)

Well I went back on the weekend and there is still that gawdawful music blaring out. Who do think they are benefiting? Does anyone really like this noise?

Do you mean inside the supermarket as well as outside? If inside then we all should complain to the management. I am not against quiet, relaxing, background music & if done correctly I believe it can induce shoppers to buy more but this appears to be an unknown concept here.

Well I went back on the weekend and there is still that gawdawful music blaring out. Who do think they are benefiting? Does anyone really like this noise?

Do you mean inside the supermarket as well as outside? If inside then we all should complain to the management. I am not against quiet, relaxing, background music & if done correctly I believe it can induce shoppers to buy more but this appears to be an unknown concept here.

It was mostly outside but the muzak inside was played too loud as well probably to try and drown out the two sources of outside noise.

Therein lies the problem - everyone trying to drown out each other with noise so that in the end it is just an unpleasant experience.

I was there last night, about 6:30.

They had a young man singing by the beer stands between Villa and Homepro. It was quite loud. But inside the supermarket, quiet.

I am just happy I got my junk food at Villa. Did not see any Dr. Pepper, though.

We were shopping on Sunday and while the noise outside was loud, I heard nothing inside the store. Thai Gerd introduced me to the Villa owner, and I had a word with him about the music, he understood the concern and had dealt with it.

Seems to me that some of the original prices have been reduced. I noticed that the brand of whiskey I buy is now the same as Carrefour, so I now buy at Villa ... :)

It was mostly outside but the muzak inside was played too loud as well probably to try and drown out the two sources of outside noise.

Therein lies the problem - everyone trying to drown out each other with noise so that in the end it is just an unpleasant experience.

Yes, the "music" noise outside Villa is almost unbearable. Until either Villa itself or the landlord of the complex can get that back under control and reduce it to civilised level, I have no choice but to keep my shopping at Carrefour.

I went on Friday and hardly noticed this music outside......

question - opposite there is a toys-r-us although it does not look like a permanent one, I think it is the same stuff they had in Patong and they moved opposite villa. Anyone know if they are going to tidy it up and make it into a proper toys-r-us??

On the villa side of things I still struggle to find things I want, not like in TOPS - sorry just can't get happy about Villa, TOPS for me.....

there is music inside villa? never noticed.

i also dont understand why there is a singer outside though and why the music has to be so loud. never seen more than 4-5 people sitting there. please get rid of it whoever has some power over decisions.

and get more dr.peppers obviously

question - opposite there is a toys-r-us although it does not look like a permanent one, I think it is the same stuff they had in Patong and they moved opposite villa. Anyone know if they are going to tidy it up and make it into a proper toys-r-us??

I think the real Toys R Us went bust a few years back.

I think the real Toys R Us went bust a few years back.

Looks like they're still going:

http://www2.toysrus.com/Investor/pr/040609.html

there is music inside villa? never noticed.

i also dont understand why there is a singer outside though and why the music has to be so loud. never seen more than 4-5 people sitting there. please get rid of it whoever has some power over decisions.

and get more dr.peppers obviously

I was there for half an hour yesterday, Tuesday. Didn't notice any music inside or out. That was from about 1:30 to 2:00pm.

Couldn't find the 299 baht loaf of bread that I was looking for - not to buy, but just to find out what is in it.

I asked about the beetroot in a jar - whether it was in water or vinegar. Got conflicting reports - one guy said only water, a girl said water and a little vinegar. I remember Sin & Lee's beetroot was in water. I suppose I could always tip out the water and replace it with vinegar to give it a bit of 'zing'.

Interesting that Flora margarine is cheaper at Villa than anywhere else I've seen it - 85 bt, normally 87 at Big C etc.

Hi

I have been looking for that 299B bread, never seen any bread coming close to 299, maybe a mistake, i wanted to buy it, must be better than my 75B bread :D:D

It was clearly labelled 299 baht on the two occasions that I saw it. It was called something like "multi-grain rye bread" and was quite dark in colour.

Perhaps they stopped making it after that one went stale? :)

Ok, I v been there 10 times now, so its time.

They started out with too high prices at ordinary (farang) items like butter, cheddar, pasta, blablabla. Now these prices have been adjusted to same level as others. Great!

Excellent in cheese for LOS. When they slice cheese and sell in small packages, wish they would use the same dates as cheesemanufactorer, to give a guide when cheese is mature.

Bought my first whole tenderloin yesterday, called local beef. Excellent. Best thai tenderloin ever :):D

Its a small store, so sometimes sold out on hard to find products.

The staff is superb. Best in LOS. :D:D:D

Im very happy to have a foodstore like this close to my home (Kata).

Must admit, the staff are top-notch.

The butcher lady saw that I was looking for something, so, she came out from behind her counter and asked me what I needed.

Told her I wanted spice.

She led me to the wine-coolers Spy, which gave me a laugh.

Then asked her to show me where the pepper was; low and behold, the spice rack.

HI

Everybody is talking about crumpets i have seen them, are they soooooo good as everybody say?? what to do, just in the oven for a few hours?? think i have to try them, nothing else to do in this summer weather we have today..

HI

Everybody is talking about crumpets i have seen them, are they soooooo good as everybody say?? what to do, just in the oven for a few hours?? think i have to try them, nothing else to do in this summer weather we have today..

Put them under a grill, or, in a toaster (a couple of times). Slather with butter.

A pretty average crumpet as far as crumpets go, but, any crumpet in Thailand is amazing (Freudian slip?).

Put them under a grill, or, in a toaster (a couple of times). Slather with butter.

A pretty average crumpet as far as crumpets go, but, any crumpet in Thailand is amazing (Freudian slip?).

It's a shame they don't allow food in the post, because I'd quite happily send crumpets and honey for you guys from Oz.

• 2 weeks later...

Villa may have some Thai made crumpets for trying/tasting soon. They may even be there today :) but don't bank on it. After talking to the owner of The Bakery (near Tesco Park, Chalong), I got some menus from the Internet and translated them into Thai for him. He's produced some pretty good crumpets - 4 batches, so far - and he said yesterday that he was thinking of giving them to Villa for people to try.

I've also given these menus to Don of Don's Mall, but he's busy up north at the moment and has only had time to produce one batch. Hopefully, in a few weeks, we'll be able to progress the crumpet making at Don's.

The big problem with crumpets is the care needed to get the mixture right and the bubbles right. The ingredients cost very little, but the labour costs are high. He thinks 15 baht each may be the selling price (although his wife didn't seem too happy when he said that! :D). Considering the huge size that he makes them, that's a pretty good deal.

I'll post some pictures of The Bakery's crumpets later - they sure are good (and BIG! :D).