Villa Market In Phuket

thaigerd

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know where it's going to be and if it's not near Chalong, probably won't go BUT................

I am always on the lookout for some healthy snacks. In Thai stores, pretzels (sticks) are one of the few things i am ok with. (and fruit of course)

I would like some granola bars or something like that. (Not much sugar, no msg, easy on the sodium, THat kind of thing. )

How about competitiveness? The Villa market merchandise tends to be be more costly if one compares to similar products sold at carrefour. I appreciate that there is usually better service and often products one cannot find elsewhere, so I can understand if that part is more expensive. However, run of the mill goods don't merit the markup. (I have only shopped Villa in Bangkok, so I may be unfair.)

If it had a deli section comparable to the Patong Deli's it would be nice.

All of the sandwich meat i find everywhere is ham.

it would be nice to have roast turkey, chicken, pastrami, roast beef..... a very nice assortment of cold cuts for sandwiches

i would also love to have a "health food section" (anyone familiar with 'Brown Rice Paradise' in Singapore?)

I want healthy vegetarian things.. not laden with sodium and msg ..........

And vegan things would be nice too...

and ethnic food.. some real enchilada sauce..

but then again I am not sure what Central has as its to far for me.. and carrefour is just dreadful..

Make sure you check the used by dates on ALL the products in villa markets.

From my experience from the Bangkok stores, some foods are out of date and most foods are very close to the used by dates.

I purchased a box of weetbix (Australian ones) and it was infested with bugs, 1000's of them.

It is disgraceful because it is so dam_n expensive.

I am not holding my breath that things have changed but since it is opening here in Phuket, i will give it another go.

I'd like some good quality meat products. So much nice pork here and yet I've never seen any gammon joints, gammon steaks. Some good quality beef would be nice too.

When exactly in March is the store opening Gerd? Been up there a couple of times and it just says "coming soon".

When exactly in March is the store opening Gerd? Been up there a couple of times and it just says "coming soon".

Last time I looked (few days ago) it was just a bare concrete shell inside the building. Hard to believe it will open 1st march 2009... ?? What do you know Gerd ....

Last time I looked (few days ago) it was just a bare concrete shell inside the building. Hard to believe it will open 1st march 2009... ?? What do you know Gerd ....

Met the owner there yesterday, they are pushing now to open asap, my guess at the end of March.

I only know that they will have a shop with imported high quality beef, another shop with a big selection of imported french cheeses and another one with imported fresh seafood from all over the world..... :o

Gerd

I emailed their customer services department a week or so ago and they said they hope to be open by first week of April so Gerd's on the money there.

For me a decent butcher and deli are important. I used Villa a lot in BKK and never had an issue with the goods although I did not use it for the everyday items you can get at the market. It will save us the drive to central for meat etc but Makro and the markets we will still use for the bulk and fresh vegies stuff.

I really recommend you send some comments to the villa market customer service people as they seem keen to hear from us southerners and they asked that if we had any special requestes on stock lines to let them know.

I really recommend you send some comments to the villa market customer service people as they seem keen to hear from us southerners and they asked that if we had any special requestes on stock lines to let them know.

Sounds good - I'll push for some gammon steaks :o . Damian, have you got a link to their customer services email? Website link maybe.

Sounds good - I'll push for some gammon steaks :o . Damian, have you got a link to their customer services email? Website link maybe.

customerservice @ v illamarket.com

where is it PLeasasee..

am in Cambodia but moving back to phuket in May.

Very close to Chalong Circle going north on the bypass road, it's on the left. If you've not been here for a while, there's a new development called HomePro Village and it will be in there.

I for one is expecting the BEST, if they are up to par(standard) set by Villa Market, Bangkok and Pattya. My guess is we will get the same high quality products we can find at other Villa Markets around Thailand. :o:D:D:D

I believe you will be proved correct, unfortunately. :D

(Plus their fresh food will be 850 km and 12 hours older.)