Kawasaki Er6-f

Ithailian

^ Dudes...

What does any of this have to do with the Kawasaki ER6f?

Perhaps you could start a new thread?

Thanks!

Tony :)

I second that.

Forgive me, I don't mean any offense, but I'm subscribed to this thread. You guys are filling my email inbox with off topic conversation.

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ Dudes...

What does any of this have to do with the Kawasaki ER6f?

Perhaps you could start a new thread?

Thanks!

Tony :)

I second that.

Forgive me, I don't mean any offense, but I'm subscribed to this thread. You guys are filling my email inbox with off topic conversation.

Sorry all. That's why I stopped replying here to everyone, but instead used PM.

Hey Tony do you know if the plazma blue has a blue fairing that goes all the way down. in the pic you posted from Rama 9 the green goes all the way down but on the earlier shots the coloured fairing are only hallf way down the bike.

I know I'm not Tony, but I have done a LOT of research on this bike, (A lot of it supplied by Tony) and all indications are it will be the same color all the way down. I am 99% sure that's one difference between the 2009 and 2010, as well as the blackened passenger handles.

The question came up yesterday, from a couple of ER6n owners over a few beers at my place;

can the Ninja 650R Fairing be easily added to the ER6n?

Seen first hand that Kawaker plastic bits for the KLX, D-Tracker and ER6n can be purchase at V. good prices; temping enough to cause me to give thought to replacing recently scratch bits on my D-Tracker

Regards,

Kev

The question came up yesterday, from a couple of ER6n owners over a few beers at my place;

can the Ninja 650R Fairing be easily added to the ER6n?

Seen first hand that Kawaker plastic bits for the KLX, D-Tracker and ER6n can be purchase at V. good prices; temping enough to cause me to give thought to replacing recently scratch bits on my D-Tracker

Regards,

Kev

I am sure it can, but with lights, windshield and stuff it could get pricy (10-20k?). I ll let you know more when I remove it to change to Xenon/HID lights. Why not ask Kwaker? Their labour isnt expensive, so its basicly the parts

Went to Phuket Kwackers today. I spoke to Pongsak Bantha, the sales manager, who called me by first and last name when he saw me. lol He told me that he is receiving 6 ER6f's on or about August 16th. Two blue, two green and two black. He still thinks they are 2009 ER6f's. I think were all fairly confident they will be 2010 Ninja 650R's, but anything is possible I guess. Interesting thing is he wouldn't take a deposit. "Mai pen rai" He just told me I could have the 1st blue one that came in. lol. Only one of the black ones was spoken for. (the availability of black being another conformation these will be 2010 Ninja650R's, not 2009 ER6f's) Maybe back one is for Katabeachbum?

Guys I am still confused over the fairing colours and how Kawa has badged them. if you order a blue plazma now as a 2009 ER6f does it come partly blue on the front or is the 2010 Ninja 650 that has the blue all the way down - Has Kawa Guys in Phuket Clarified this?

thanks Kevin

10.000 baht secured a Plasma Blue 2010 Ninja 650R today in Phuket. Delivery on August 15th, confirmed by BKK. 2 green and one black left at 2 pm.

Was tempted by black, but couldnt say for sure if rims where black, silver or polished, so blue it is.

Now its time for old posts to find where in BKK to get bags, clothes and stuff.

Looking forward to a desent ride again :)

They are now selling the Ninja650 here in Thailand NOT the er6f and from what people are saying they are 2010 models.

That is what all the evidence is pointing to at this point. This means there will be no bikes sold in Thailand with the "ER6f" badging. If you order a 2009 ER6f Candy Plasma Blue, you will get a 2010 Ninja 650R Candy Plasma Blue. We gather from the one Tony has photographed on display in BKK they will all say "Ninja" and nothing else on the front fairing. Also the colors will be contiguous down to the bottom of the fairing, not black on the lower half as the 2009 ER6f was and the passenger handles will likely be painted black, at least they are on the 2010 Lime Green Ninja 650R on display in BKK. Available in Diablo Metallic Black, Lime Green, and Candy Plasma Blue. Only available with ABS.

10.000 baht secured a Plasma Blue 2010 Ninja 650R today in Phuket. Delivery on August 15th, confirmed by BKK. 2 green and one black left at 2 pm.

Was tempted by black, but couldnt say for sure if rims where black, silver or polished, so blue it is.

Now its time for old posts to find where in BKK to get bags, clothes and stuff.

Looking forward to a desent ride again :)

I wonder why they told me no deposit...wierd. I hope I am still in line.

Glad your feeling better KBB.

Edited by Scubabuddha

They are now selling the Ninja650 here in Thailand NOT the er6f and from what people are saying they are 2010 models.

That is what all the evidence is pointing to at this point. This means there will be no bikes sold in Thailand with the "ER6f" badging. If you order a 2009 ER6f Candy Plasma Blue, you will get a 2010 Ninja 650R Candy Plasma Blue. We gather from the one Tony has photographed on display in BKK they will all say "Ninja" and nothing else on the front fairing. Also the colors will be contiguous down to the bottom of the fairing, not black on the lower half as the 2009 ER6f was and the passenger handles will likely be painted black, at least they are on the 2010 Lime Green Ninja 650R on display in BKK. Available in Diablo Metallic Black, Lime Green, and Candy Plasma Blue. Only available with ABS.

Great - thanks for helping out with that - I persoanlly prefer the full colour and think it looks much better on the bikes.

... I persoanlly prefer the full colour and think it looks much better on the bikes.

your welcome.

Yeah me too. And nice of them to add another color option, black.

Went down to Phuket Kawi again and spoke to the manager to make sure I was still no.1 on the list for the blue, and he said yes. I offered to leave a deposit so we can be sure, which of course he said yes, 10,000 baht.

One new development, he says the 6 bikes will be here on the 12th of August, maybe sooner! That's next Wednesday kiddies!!partytime2.gif

katabeachbum, I just caught your question earlier...no I didn't get a frame number. Did you?

And they are STILL saying these are going to be 2009 ER6f's.

post-70760-1249501266_thumb.jpg

post-70760-1249501273_thumb.jpg

Just found some more pics of the black one over at er6thailand.com. That silver lower had me making second thoughts about the blue, until I saw they painted the spring! Wow!! I am definitely "half phat"!!!

post-70760-1249501901_thumb.jpg

post-70760-1249501912_thumb.jpg

post-70760-1249501921_thumb.jpg

post-70760-1249502085_thumb.jpg

Edited by Scubabuddha

Went down to Phuket Kawi again and spoke to the manager to make sure I was still no.1 on the list for the blue, and he said yes. I offered to leave a deposit so we can be sure, which of course he said yes, 10,000 baht.

One new development, he says the 6 bikes will be here on the 12th of August, maybe sooner! That's next Wednesday kiddies!!partytime2.gif

katabeachbum, I just caught your question earlier...no I didn't get a frame number. Did you?

And they are STILL saying these are going to be 2009 ER6f's.

No I didnt get a frame number either. Our bikes are probably not manufactured yet, but probably will be in next couple of days. The truck to Phuket is only 12-15 hours pending on how many deliverys.

I do not expect Kwaker to run 2009 and 2010 in august, so Im confident we get 2010 Ninja, even if my reciept says ER6f 2009. By the way, seems they badge 1000cc Ninja now too. Thais cant pronounce all those farang letters.

When I said I m off too Singapore 16th for 3 days, he said I must take delivery (PAY!!!) before that and guaranteed bike to be delivered 15th or sooner.

Love the blue spring on blue bike. Happy I didnt go for black with black rims

The sun is shining :)

Edited by katabeachbum

Woohoo!

Kwackerzaki says I can pick up my new Ninja 650R next Thursday the 13th- if I get there early I'll have the first one in Thailand! :)

2010Ninja650RBlkGrn.jpg

Happy Trails!

Unless KBB's and mine come in first!! Seems impossible, but they are telling me Wednesday. :D

Woohoo!

Kwackerzaki says I can pick up my new Ninja 650R next Thursday the 13th- if I get there early I'll have the first one in Thailand! :D

2010Ninja650RBlkGrn.jpg

Happy Trails!

Unless KBB's and mine come in first!! Seems impossible, but they are telling me Wednesday. :D

I recall from my years in car business there was always a release day. Not allowed to deliver before a certain day, even if Tonys bike obviously is sitting in the store. But in the provinces we never cared. Im in BKK 12th, so Scuba could be the first NinjaR guy :)

Scuba, if your part thai by now, delivery must be in the early morning and no riding the rest of the day. Well I thought so, still part farang, skip the no riding all day :D:D

Hi,

Just hapened to put a purchase order on a blue 650R in BKK Rama 9 last saturday. According to the dealer they sold 3 Ninja that day including mine. I guess the 2 other ones are for other members of this forums :)

I am not too familar with bikes/bike purchase in thailand and have a few questions regarding that matter:

1/ Based on your experience with Kawasaki dealers, do they pratice the 3% extra surcharge I see in see in some shops when you pay with Credit Card? basically, I just need to know if I am better off coming with some cash.

2/ From what I understand, after delivery, I ll still need to wait for a couple of days to get the license plate. Is it safe to drive without the plate i.e. can I still get the bike immediately insured? I have to go from BKK to Chang Mai on the 15th. Instead of flying, would be much more fun to ride the bike to get familar with it. This might be doable if the first lot of BBK 650R bike arrive on the 13th as i read in Tony's post.

3/ BTW, how long does it take to go from BKK to Chang Mai ?

4/ Any limitations when driving a new bike (i.e. staying at low rev for the first xxx km ??)

Thanks in advance for your infos.

Hi,

Just hapened to put a purchase order on a blue 650R in BKK Rama 9 last saturday. According to the dealer they sold 3 Ninja that day including mine. I guess the 2 other ones are for other members of this forums :)

Erm- I'm pretty confident that number does not include the dozen or so Ninja 650R's that were booked over the past few months. (Kawasaki started accepting deposits quite a while ago) First come first serve- My friend who booked his bike last week was told delivery last week of August. When you booked your bike did they give you a delivery date?

I am not too familar with bikes/bike purchase in thailand and have a few questions regarding that matter:

1/ Based on your experience with Kawasaki dealers, do they pratice the 3% extra surcharge I see in see in some shops when you pay with Credit Card? basically, I just need to know if I am better off coming with some cash.

Dunno, but cash is king!

2/ From what I understand, after delivery, I ll still need to wait for a couple of days to get the license plate. Is it safe to drive without the plate i.e. can I still get the bike immediately insured? I have to go from BKK to Chang Mai on the 15th. Instead of flying, would be much more fun to ride the bike to get familar with it. This might be doable if the first lot of BBK 650R bike arrive on the 13th as i read in Tony's post.

If you don't want a special number you'll get your plate in 2-3 weeks. If you want a special number you'll have to wait 3-4 weeks or more for your plate. You are allowed to ride the bike while you are waiting for the plate. I forget what the actual rule is- how many days you can ride without a plate. I think it's 30 days but not 100% sure. At any rate- should the BiB stop you, you just have to show them your invoice and proof of insurance and if they try to fine you they're lying!

3/ BTW, how long does it take to go from BKK to Chang Mai ? I've done it in 5 hours. At normal speeds you should plan about 7-8 hours.

4/ Any limitations when driving a new bike (i.e. staying at low rev for the first xxx km ??)

Um YEAH! Motorcycle engines need to be broken in properly. There is some debate regarding what is the best method- hard break-in vs soft. Either way- make sure you break in your new bike properly. The first 100km is the most important. The first 1000km you are still breaking in the engine. After the first 1000km you can let her rip.

Hi,

3/ BTW, how long does it take to go from BKK to Chang Mai ?

Cash is King, and probably they accept Cash only.

Breaking in engine. IMHO most important is to not keep the same rpm for more than 3 minutes. If you want to cruise 100kmh in 6th gear, keep it between 95 and 105. Or cruise 160, and keep it between 155 and 165. Full throttle for a second every 3 minutes. Shift down to 5th every 10 minutes. Max 80% of max rpm until 1000 km and oil changed.

Erm- I'm pretty confident that number does not include the dozen or so Ninja 650R's that were booked over the past few months. (Kawasaki started accepting deposits quite a while ago) First come first serve- My friend who booked his bike last week was told delivery last week of August. When you booked your bike did they give you a delivery date?

Just went back this morning to the Kawasaki shop. They confirmed next week is for the early bookers. As for me, I'll have to wait one or 2 extra weeks. :D

3/ BTW, how long does it take to go from BKK to Chang Mai ? I've done it in 5 hours. At normal speeds you should plan about 7-8 hours.

OK , so I will plan on a 10 hour trip (8 hours to drive + 2 extra to get lost). The 5 hour version will have to wait for me to learn the bike and road as well as convince my wife not to ride with me ; ).

Um YEAH! Motorcycle engines need to be broken in properly. There is some debate regarding what is the best method- hard break-in vs soft. Either way- make sure you break in your new bike properly. The first 100km is the most important. The first 1000km you are still breaking in the engine. After the first 1000km you can let her rip.

Just investigated a t bit on the web. Ended up on these pages : www.sacoriver.net/~red/breakin.html and www.mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm ( a bit too show off).I guess I'll just :

- put not synthetic oil

- ride alternating the rpm/speed for the first 100Km,

- change oil (not synthetic), filter

- keep driving it to work for the first 1000KM (lots of stops and go due to BKK traffic)

- change to synthetic oil

- ride it with no limitations

One comon things I noted though, is that almost all sites recommended to not use synthetic oil during the break in period to accelerate the bed in. I also read that heavy load were not recommended (i.e. no cruising with passenger for the first 1000km).

Any thought on that?

What about re torquing the heads .Is it needed ?

Any good shop to get oil/service for kawasaki bike you 'll recommend in BKK around the Lumpini , Sathorn area?

...Sorry, lots of questions .....

I payed my er6 with a debit card at bkk showroom, no extra charge was added...

Thanks for the info. I like my credit card as it provides some kind of extra insurance on the stuff I buy + removes the hassle of bank wire transfer.