3 Month Single Entry Cancelled, Now Need Alternative

Hi

My sister came to visit me in LOS on a 3 month single entry visa. She flies back to UK on 22nd April.

A week ago she went to Cambodia and of course the visa was cancelled on re-entering the kingdom. She was give 15 days visa exemption stay.

We seem to have 2 alternatives:

1) Go to Penang or Singapore for a new 2 month single entry visa. That will last beyond 22/4.

2)

i) Go to Penang, but simply fly back to for a 30 day visa exemption stay. Then...

ii) go to local immigration for a further 7 days. Then...

iii) go to Cambodia land border for a final 15 days. That lasts till 22/4.

1) would work but is expensive for her.

2) Some questions...

Does flying into Thailand from Malaysia count as entering from a "neighbouring country", and as such would she only be granted 15 days?

What would be the consecutive entry count when making the final entry overland from Cambodia? I recall there's a limit of 3, but cannot find this documentred anywhere. She will have entered the kingdom 3 times prior to this one.

Thanks for any assistance.

Regards.

Any etnry by air gets a 30 day permit to stay. There is no limt on entries or days total anymore.

The least expensive option would be for her to go to Vientiane Laos and get a single entry tourist visa. That would give her 60 days on entry.

There is no limit to Visa exempt entries.

Fly in from Malaysia or anywhere else gives 30 days. A land border gives 15 days.

Immigration would only give 7 days if she had a ticket leaving the country within those 7 days.

So it is 2 land border runs or a cheap Air Asia flight and return or a Tourist Visa in a neighbouring country. Whatever she prefers.

Hi PoorSucker,

So, if I understand what you are saying, a person can get a re-entry permit for about 1000b for a tourist visa as well.

So say, you had a Double Entry 60 day Tourist Visa and you wanted to leave to visit Cambodia after 2 weeks for a week, you don't have to waste your next 60 day (+30 ext) after only 2 weeks if you get the permit?

Goofie