The New Central Shopping Complex Is A Waste Of Space

jellymeister

I think it is a white elephant. Too much top end stuff and not enough substance to make it work. I think it will struggle.

I agree.

It is a "nice to have" but beyond that I can't see it being very busy once the novelty/high season has gone away. Hope I am wrong.

The world economy is only in the early stages of decline - "you ain't seen nothing yet". Shopping malls all over the world will stuggle no matter where they are.

I think the old malls will end up struggling more than the new one. In reality Pattaya has only 3 tourist shopping malls. Big C is a dive. Royal Garden is too small. This mall was sorely needed.

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As for people assimilating.. We no skin off my ass.. But just seems a pointless exercise going to live in another country then not bothering to learn anything from it... I don't expect everybody to speak Thai fluently and eat Thai food daily. But I get tired of seeing fellas who have lived here for 5-6 yrs who can't order food, won't try anything new or panic when there's no toilet paper and expect everything to be 'just like home' That's just showing laziness, ignorance and complete contempt for their surroundings..

Why live somewhere if they hate it so much ?

Again, WHY DO YOU CARE?

In Pattaya, IF YOU CHOOSE, you don't have to learn hardly anything about Thailand if you do not want. You don't HAVE to eat Thai food, you don't HAVE to use a Thai toilet, you don't HAVE to speak any Thai. So what if people have OTHER REASONS to be here that don't include entering the monkhood? It never bothered me to meet expats in the US that ate Indian food everyday and weren't fans of American football. I can't imagine why anyone would expend any energy morally judging other people's harmless personal choices.

I'm not 'morally' judging them... :o I'm saying I don't understand them.. Why live somewhere if you don't enjoy it ? Yes I take you're point that in Pattaya you can almost live exactly like you would in a western country ( if you are easily pleased and have a good imagination ) But from all the posts about fish and chips' 'sausages' and the such like it seems that this type of person is badly homesick and is counting the days till they return home. Yes I know there are expats who are here cos their company sent them..Some hate it ( they are a small minority ) others love it.. But I meet lots of guys who although they are here of their own free will they do nothing but pine for home... Can the lure of cheap sex be so strong they are willing to forego everthing else ? Mai roo :D

Anyhow back on topic.. Still think the new Mall could have offered alot more than it does.. Maybe there will be some attrition over the next few Months and better businesses offering better choices will take over the failures..

Oh.. you'll be glad to know I haven't gone totally native.. I had 'grapenuts' for breakfast... :D

'Jingthing'

Again, WHY DO YOU CARE?

I can't imagine why anyone would expend any energy morally judging other people's harmless personal choices.

and to this.. Well why shouldn't I care ? Aren't I allowed to have an opinion ? Are you so liberal that having an opinion is offensive ? In that case surely you having a negative opinion about my opinion is also offensive.. Really you see far to much in my comments.. I'm not castigating or condemning these people I just find them hard to understand... I didn't think it was posible to be so narrow minded and elitist to actually be able to live in a foreign country yet learn nothing of or absorb absolutely zero from the local culture.. Even if it is only to find that you may enjoy some of the local food... or learn what is seen as offensive so as not to offend the locals... Or do you live in some sort of Western utopian bubble ?

Yes been living/working/driving here since early 90's... If you don't think traffic has increased in Pattaya you haven't been here very long... Not that many years back they used to turn the traffic lights to flashing amber around 23:00 hrs cos not enough cars to bother stopping them... You could park just about anywhere (for free) and Beach Rd was pretty much deserted of traffic until midday..

i wasn't referring to the last 14 years, i was referring to the *mall* being the reason that traffic has spiked. i'm sure you are correct, traffic has grown exponentially in the last 14 years. in fact, i'm sure it's grown even more so in the 30 years the white man bothered to come here.

And why would more tourists be a good thing ? You a greedy bar owner ? Too many tourists (of all Nationalities) is exactly what the town doesn't need... Notice my use of 'too' .. By which I mean too much of a 'good' thing can be bad... Yes many businesses require them .. But if the place becomes so over built and crowded there will eventually be a backlash and they will stop coming.. Once Pattaya becomes nothing more than a shopping center... Why would they come... Maybe if the items for sale were cheap.. But they ain't anymore ..

heh, no no, i'm not a greedy bar owner. in fact, i don't even have a job! but, again, i didn't mean to become argumentative and you most certainly have much more experience living here than i. i concede your point, you may very well be spot on when the future comes to town.

Nor do I wish to argue.. In fact I like to say what a refreshing change it is to see your replies in good humour to myself and 'Pattayaparent'... Nothing wrong with having a different opinion.. and I realise now that you only meant traffic after the mall opened.. no worries :o

The world economy is only in the early stages of decline - "you ain't seen nothing yet". Shopping malls all over the world will stuggle no matter where they are.

I think the old malls will end up struggling more than the new one. In reality Pattaya has only 3 tourist shopping malls. Big C is a dive. Royal Garden is too small. This mall was sorely needed.

A good point and I'm not against having a new mall that provides something different but except for Central it just provides more of the same that's available elsewhere.

With all your complaints about the development/changes in Pattaya, I'm wondering why you still live here.

Cos I'm still reasonably unaffected by them.. I'm free to go into town during the quiet times and relax at home when it's busy.. Plus with the eco downturn I'm hoping many of the recent arrivals and 'improvements' will disapear.. Likewise the recent arrivals who have been 'living the dream' but can't really afford it...

With all your complaints about the development/changes in Pattaya, I'm wondering why you still live here.

Cos I'm still reasonably unaffected by them.. I'm free to go into town during the quiet times and relax at home when it's busy.. Plus with the eco downturn I'm hoping many of the recent arrivals and 'improvements' will disapear.. Likewise the recent arrivals who have been 'living the dream' but can't really afford it...

I can't see how a brand new 6 floor shopping mall would just disappear. What would they do with it?

I could see the old malls such as Big-C disappearing, but that's tiny in comparison.

I'm not castigating or condemning these people I just find them hard to understand... I didn't think it was posible to be so narrow minded and elitist to actually be able to live in a foreign country yet learn nothing of or absorb absolutely zero from the local culture.

Oh, they are SO easy to understand. Many an expat lives in Thailand because it has great weather, the cost of living is relatively low, it's more developed and safer than some other tropical countries, the visa rules, while onerous, are manageable, and . . . (granny rules forbid talking about that subject here). Compare to Florida or Hawaii, which are prohibitively expensive etc.

They may miss some items from back home and the fulfillment of other tastes acquired abroad, and wish for them, but not enough to outweigh the advantages of living in Thailand. Why should they necessarily have an interest in Thai culture? It doesn't matter a whit except when absolutely necessary. Thais don't have much interest in any other culture. We can co-exist for mutual advantage.

So it's perfectly logical and rational. Seems you're just being purposefully obtuse. So you like Thais and Thai culture yourself? "Up to you."

Not to say I myself haven't studied a bit of Thai culture along with others as well. But I don't want to be a Thai and am SO very glad I wasn't born one.

Lots more to say on this, but no time and this isn't place.

In short, hooray for the new mall. I've been there and I like it a lot. Wish the Central was as big as Central Chidlom, however.

I'm not castigating or condemning these people I just find them hard to understand... I didn't think it was posible to be so narrow minded and elitist to actually be able to live in a foreign country yet learn nothing of or absorb absolutely zero from the local culture.

Oh, they are SO easy to understand. Many an expat lives in Thailand because it has great weather, the cost of living is relatively low, it's more developed and safer than some other tropical countries, the visa rules, while onerous, are manageable, and . . . (granny rules forbid talking about that subject here). Compare to Florida or Hawaii, which are prohibitively expensive etc.

They may miss some items from back home and the fulfillment of other tastes acquired abroad, and wish for them, but not enough to outweigh the advantages of living in Thailand. Why should they necessarily have an interest in Thai culture? It doesn't matter a whit except when absolutely necessary. Thais don't have much interest in any other culture. We can co-exist for mutual advantage.

So it's perfectly logical and rational. Seems you're just being purposefully obtuse. So you like Thais and Thai culture yourself? "Up to you."

Not to say I myself haven't studied a bit of Thai culture along with others as well. But I don't want to be a Thai and am SO very glad I wasn't born one.

Lots more to say on this, but no time and this isn't place.

In short, hooray for the new mall. I've been there and I like it a lot. Wish the Central was as big as Central Chidlom, however.

Well done! Except for the "(granny rues forbid talking about that subject here)" part which doesn't apply to me because I live in a monogamous relationship, you've summed up the reasons why I like living in Pattaya perfectly.

Funny thing is, I noticed a South American (Venezuelan) couple with daughter living upstairs from me and enjoying life here as well.

You can live in Pattaya and be completely detached from Thai culture. It would seem that many Thais living in Pattaya are escaping their own culture too, in the name of fun and making a buck. The Japanese restaurants in the new mall are often packed with Thai customers.

If Pdaz wants to add me to his hate list because I'm not living as he thinks I should, then so be it.

Although I am interested in Thai culture, speaking Thai, eating Thai, I think there are only 3 places in Thailand for Farangs to stay permanently and these are Bangkok, Pattaya and Phuket.

I have no interest to convert into 100 % Thai, but I love the culture and are interested it and show respect to it. That does not mean that I have to become more Thai than the Thais themselves. It seems like many farangs compete with each other about who is more Thai....and many Thai find this quite amusing.... :o

As we are far offtic meanwhile: The mall is a good addition, every city will develop and change over the time. But Pattaya should no forget it's roots. I like Patttaya for international food, shopping, nightlife, proximity to BKK and after a couple of years I do feel home here. I have more Thai friends than Farang friends....so life is good.

I didn't think it was posible to be so narrow minded and elitist to actually be able to live in a foreign country yet learn nothing of or absorb absolutely zero from the local culture.. Even if it is only to find that you may enjoy some of the local food... or learn what is seen as offensive so as not to offend the locals... Or do you live in some sort of Western utopian bubble ?

Cheeky of you to idiotically assume that I am your farang in a bubble stereotyped nightmare. I just defend anyone's right to live as they please if it doesn't harm others, and think its mean spirited to make judgments about people you haven't even met. (Although I do eat grape nuts for breakfast and sometimes enjoy fish and chips and Guinness, I also COOK a mean tom yum goong.)

Edited by Jingthing

Here we go again... :o

I'm not saying resident westerners should start 'wai-ing' each other and wear 'choot Thai' :D

And I understand that if you come from the UK or other place with dismal weather it must be great to wake up to the sun everyday.. Likewise when the exchange rate was favourable a pension would go much further here than in the West.. All these are a given... But if you're going to live here a little local knowledge can make life so much easier.. I hate being treated like a 'dumb tourist' and Thai here will treat you as such if they think you don't know any better.. So paying the right price, getting good service and even getting food that's tasty often depends on how you interact.. Of course if you only shop in fixed price Malls and eat at McDonalds it probably doesn't affect you much.. Maybe that's why ? Elsewhere you are out of your depth and comfort zone ? Or are you one of those guys being led around by the nose by a barely litterate ex-bg farm girl? You know the ones you see in town talking to the girl in broken English, trying to explain what 'mince and tatties' is and failing badly... :D

As has been said before 'no skin of my ass' and it would deprive me of a great deal of humour too..

Anyhow think you have got the wrong end of the stick.. I was happy to get a new larger Mall in Pattaya.. But now that I have visited a few times I'm just left disapointed.. Apart from a few reasturants and a deli it just doesn't offer anything new... simple as that.. I will probably go eat Jap food there and visit if I need to search for something specific. But the new Mall just like 'Royaan' and Big C offer very little that I need. To be honest I don't think that 'Royaan' offers much to residents either (now that the decent food court has gone) It has alway seemed to be aimed at tourists with prices/service to match.. Even Big C is little better very few of the products there are of interest to me. Maybe I don't need to buy much these days or if I do I can pick it up in BKK or better still in S'pore, HK or Europe.. Good quality international brands are very overpriced here..and they don't carry much stock or selection. So what is left in the new place ? OTOP junk, Spa's and massage places, Dentists and overpriced understocked electrical goods shops.. There are only so many customers and like has been said the older Malls will suffer as the Thais are drawn to the new a shinier place. All in all in my everyday life here It's more convienient to use Foodland, Friendship and Villa for Western groceries and my local market for the rest.. Carrefour/homepro and Tru-value cover the rest of my needs..

Edited by Pdaz

I hate being treated like a 'dumb tourist' and Thai here will treat you as such if they think you don't know any better..

off topic: same here. some think i'm crazy for studying thai and even going so far as to paying for a teacher and going to school 3 days a week to learn the language. but, i've always prided myself on being a good character judge and when you don't speak the language, you can't judge. you have no chance at a real first impression. can't live like a tourist. and no offense to tourists, the thai people love you just as much as me :o

Here we go again... :o

I'm not saying resident westerners should start 'wai-ing' each other and wear 'choot Thai' :D

And I understand that if you come from the UK or other place with dismal weather it must be great to wake up to the sun everyday.. Likewise when the exchange rate was favourable a pension would go much further here than in the West.. All these are a given... But if you're going to live here a little local knowledge can make life so much easier.. I hate being treated like a 'dumb tourist' and Thai here will treat you as such if they think you don't know any better.. So paying the right price, getting good service and even getting food that's tasty often depends on how you interact.. Of course if you only shop in fixed price Malls and eat at McDonalds it probably doesn't affect you much.. Maybe that's why ? Elsewhere you are out of your depth and comfort zone ? Or are you one of those guys being led around by the nose by a barely litterate ex-bg farm girl? You know the ones you see in town talking to the girl in broken English, trying to explain what 'mince and tatties' is and failing badly... :D

Here we go again.... :D

Before I answer any of your questions, are you referring to me or someone else?

I thought I might mention that I never wai to anyone. I never have and never will. I think it looks dumb and I'd feel like an idiot doing it.

'Pdaz' date='2009-03-04 18:18:34' post='2573461' wrote:

> if you're going to live here a little local knowledge can make life

> so much easier..

Not necessarily. In fact, a little knowledge can be a dangerous thing.

I see stupid farangs yammering at Thais all the time in horribly

mispronounced Thai, thinking they're fluent, just annoying and

confusing the locals. I'd say it doesn't get much easier unless you

have a LOT of local knowledge or have a Thai partner. But then you get

into all kinds of problems w/ the Thai partner . . . . :o

> I hate being treated like a 'dumb tourist' and Thai

> here will treat you as such if they think you don't know any

> better..

I can speak basic Thai and I don't at all look like a tourist. But I

don't get any special deals or better service on that account, except

I'm not harassed nearly as much and I can get rid of pests a lot

faster.

However, a lot of expats actually enjoy the harassment and being

treated as a dumb tourist. They like the attention and feel flattered.

Otherwise, they complain that they're ignored.

>But the new Mall just like 'Royaan' and Big C

>offer very little that I need.

Pattaya (and the rest of the world, as your momma surely once tried to

tell you) doesn't exist just for you.

It's never too late to reconcile yourself to this sad fact.

> So paying the right price, getting good service and even

> getting food that's tasty often depends on how you interact.

"Tasty" is subjective is it not? And then there's "healthy," as in the

salad bar at Sizzler. Now, common sense tells you that when you order

in one of the spiffy comparatively upscale restaurants in the new

mall, it's not going to be any less tasty because of your

"interaction," which is merely pointing to a menu item or grabbing a

dish of sushi as it passes by you on the train.

> . Of

> course if you only shop in fixed price Malls and eat at McDonalds it

> probably doesn't affect you much..

Exactly, and many do just that.

> are you one of those guys being led around by the nose by a barely

> litterate ex-bg farm girl? You know the ones you see in town talking

> to the girl in broken English, trying to explain what 'mince and

> tatties' is and failing badly...

The point, you see, isn't to communicate. It's merely to be listened

to, with a show of attentiveness, whether the Thai listener

understands you or not. These aren't at all conversations: they're

monologues whose purpose is to leave the speaker with a feeling of self-importance. And

the monologue must be conducted in the dialect of choice, say, Brummie

or Geordie, definitely not Thai.

What passes for a real conversation would have to be conducted with

another speaker of exactly the same dialect group and of the same

gender, and the topics could only be those of footie, beer, birds,

bashing, etc. You can always tell a "real" conversation because then even if

a dancer pulls her G-string down right in front of the speakers she's totally ignored.

Those guys being led around the nose without realizing it are just in

hawg heaven. Why spoil the illusion? Let's not be a Grinch here.

>Apart from a few reasturants

> and a deli it just doesn't offer anything new... simple as that..

Sorry, pal, it just isn't as simple as that. Geez, the world is so

complicated! Makes a person just want to stick his head in the sand,

eh?

>Good quality international brands are very

> overpriced here..

But, you see, people pay those prices here. It's cheaper than flying to Hong

Kong, Singapore, etc. every time you want a new USB stick. Central Chidlom is

absolutely mobbed every weekend.

> and they don't carry much stock or selection.

But good enough. One can survive, quite fashionably,

too. For example, take a look at the selection of wrist watches. Is

there another brand you can't live without? How many more brands of

42" LCD TVs do you need? Can't Sony, Samsung, LG, Panasonic, and

Phillips meet your needs adequately?

> So

> what is left in the new place ? OTOP junk, Spa's and massage places,

> Dentists and overpriced understocked electrical goods shops.

Cough. I could've sworn I saw a department store there! Was Central

Festival its name? You've about lost what credibility you had.

Powerbuy is sufficiently stocked and for Thailand the prices are good.

I'm not going to lead you around on a tour of the mall. One example is

sufficient to disprove your case.

> . There

> are only so many customers and like has been said the older Malls

> will suffer as the Thais are drawn to the new a shinier place.

Well, the new mall isn't just shinier. There's a lot more there and

Mike's can't possibly compare with Central. From what I've seen,

prices are generally better at Central AND it has a discount card for

expats, too. Service at Mike's has always been a big joke except in

the shoe department, but the assistants are guys not constantly primping in

mirrors . . . .

> All

> in all in my everyday life here It's more convienient to use

> Foodland, Friendship and Villa for Western groceries and my local

> market for the rest.. Carrefour/homepro and Tru-value cover the rest

> of my needs..

And sigh! so it all comes around again to YOUR needs. The thread, and, yes,

even the mall, just aren't about YOUR needs.

Now, I hope you can stomach it if the rest of us, Thai and farang, who

don't have exactly YOUR needs do enjoy the new mall. I went just last

night and had the salad bar at Sizzler. Wait--before you say it--I

know that YOU don't need a salad at Sizzler and therefore there should be

no Sizzler in existence. But I (one of the shadowy non-YOUs) did: it was late,

and I was hungry, and I wanted something fresh, healthy, reasonably

valued, known not to make any problems later on, tasty enough, well-presented, and

fast. It was so crowded I had to sit in the back, too. Deal with it.

Edited by JSixpack

I wonder what would the conversation be like if someone would post a topic about a new beer bar plaza opening or go-go bars for the matter. I'm sure everybody would rush in there clapping their hands and cheering :o

Can anyone tell me if there is a Guess store in the new Central? I'll be in Pattaya for one night only this weekend and this would be useful information.

Cheers,

Ausladyinpatong

Not sure if they opened one there, but you'll find it for sure at the old Garden Plaza

OK, this is petty, but in case you think the new mall is still not the "real" Thailand, check out this incident.

Looking at the menu at that Japanese/Korean BBQ place.

Located an item I wanted. Spicy Korean beef soup. It is 130 baht.

I notice they also have a Spicy Pork Ribs soup, also 130 baht, but for some baht more, you get a set meal with side dishes. There is no such offering for the beef soup.

So I talk to the menu tout, can I get this soup in this set?

No, cannot!

But the soups are both 130 baht without the set.

She then chats with the kitchen and appeared to have changed her mind and invites me in.

She then says, Korean BBQ, you know Korean BBQ? Now I am worried.

I say, yes I know Korean BBQ, but I want soup.

So I sit down and try the order again, the Spicy Pork Ribs soup set but with the beef soup instead.

Sorry Sir! Cannot!

I say, I thought you said I can, and walk out. She appears very upset and flustered like what had just occurred was the worse thing that happened to her all year.

Language difficulties, yes. But even with fluent Thai, I wasn't going to get my beef soup in that set.

Just goes to show even with all the "Japanesy" places in there, IT IS STILL THE SAME OLD THAILAND!

By the way, in case you think I was just being cheap, there was no menu option to order the set items as a separate menu item.

Edited by Jingthing

Is it a waste of space is the question

IMO yes . At the moment , BUT, it will come into its own

:o

If it is a waste of space what would u like to have there instead?

7/11 numer 1,xxx or what?

Cheers

PS: But I have to admit the bars down there were nice

OK, this is petty, but in case you think the new mall is still not the "real" Thailand, check out this incident.

Looking at the menu at that Japanese/Korean BBQ place.

Located an item I wanted. Spicy Korean beef soup. It is 130 baht.

I notice they also have a Spicy Pork Ribs soup, also 130 baht, but for some baht more, you get a set meal with side dishes. There is no such offering for the beef soup.

So I talk to the menu tout, can I get this soup in this set?

No, cannot!

But the soups are both 130 baht without the set.

She then chats with the kitchen and appeared to have changed her mind and invites me in.

She then says, Korean BBQ, you know Korean BBQ? Now I am worried.

I say, yes I know Korean BBQ, but I want soup.

So I sit down and try the order again, the Spicy Pork Ribs soup set but with the beef soup instead.

Sorry Sir! Cannot!

I say, I thought you said I can, and walk out. She appears very upset and flustered like what had just occurred was the worse thing that happened to her all year.

Language difficulties, yes. But even with fluent Thai, I wasn't going to get my beef soup in that set.

Just goes to show even with all the "Japanesy" places in there, IT IS STILL THE SAME OLD THAILAND!

By the way, in case you think I was just being cheap, there was no menu option to order the set items as a separate menu item.

You must be talking about Sukishi. I've eaten there many times already and I've never been disappointed. My bill for 2 usually comes out to 500 - 600 baht with the 10% discount they were offering.

I would have never thought to order differently from the menu though, because it's not that kind of place where I'd feel inclined to start messing with the menu. The sets are special prices as a draw for customers and it seemed pretty obvious they are not interchangeable.

I'm not surprised the girl was pissed off with you. Your picky attitude would annoy any restaurant waiter anywhere...especially when you walked out in a huff after all the fuss you made. I'm sure they were happy to see the back of you.

I'm not surprised the girl was pissed off with you. Your picky attitude would annoy any restaurant waiter anywhere...especially when you walked out in a huff after all the fuss you made. I'm sure they were happy to see the back of you.

The sets are special prices as a draw for customers and it seemed pretty obvious they are not interchangeable.

Yes, Sukishi.

I agree, I also wouldn't assume they would interchange at a place like that. THAT IS WHY I ASKED!!!! BEFORE ENTERING because I did not feel like pork ribs. Maybe to you pork ribs and beef chunks are the same thing, but so sorry if it is a crime to not be in the mood for pork ribs.

You go too far, dude! I have eaten there before and I will again when I feel like spicy pork ribs soup or BBQ or something else, but today I wanted spicy beef soup. It is not bad, but the Korean food is not quite as authentic as in a dedicated Korean place. I did not leave in a huff. I did not insult her or raise my voice, I just retreated from a business that would not provide what I wanted. I just left and I explained why I left, I can't help it if that girl was high strung, her problem, not mine. There was a misunderstanding. I wouldn't have entered the place unless I thought they had agreed to my request. They had the soup, they had the set, the base soup was the same cost basis, and what I asked for was not unreasonable considering I did not feel like eating PORK. Maybe I felt like having a Kosher day. I happen to love spicy Korean beef soup but it is no good without extras like rice and kimchi. You have some kind of personal agenda against me (don't deny it), that's your problem, not mine.

Edited by Jingthing

The sets are special prices as a draw for customers and it seemed pretty obvious they are not interchangeable.

Yes, Sukishi.

I agree, I also wouldn't assume they would interchange at a place like that. THAT IS WHY I ASKED!!!! BEFORE ENTERING because I did not feel like pork ribs. Maybe to you pork ribs and beef chunks are the same thing, but so sorry if it is a crime to not be in the mood for pork ribs.

You go too far, dude! I have eaten there before and I will again when I feel like spicy pork ribs soup or BBQ or something else, but today I wanted spicy beef soup. It is not bad, but the Korean food is not quite as authentic as in a dedicated Korean place. I did not leave in a huff. I did not insult her or raise my voice, I just retreated from a business that would not provide what I wanted. I just left and I explained why I left, I can't help it if that girl was high strung, her problem, not mine. There was a misunderstanding. I wouldn't have entered the place unless I thought they had agreed to my request. They had the soup, they had the set, the base soup was the same cost basis, and what I asked for was not unreasonable considering I did not feel like eating PORK. Maybe I felt like having a Kosher day. I happen to love spicy Korean beef soup but it is no good without extras like rice and kimchi. You have some kind of personal agenda against me (don't deny it), that's your problem, not mine.

Actually, you're wrong. I've gotten over your abusive pm's and I take your posts as they come. We agree on some things and we disagree on others.

I can't comment on pork ribs because I've never tried them. I only order Japanese in Sukishi. One thing I've noticed and had to get used to in Pattaya (I can't comment for the rest of Thailand) is that the customer is usually wrong and the staff can get their back up very quickly. You'll never get an apology for a mistake, but rather a denial.

No hard feelings, ok?:o