New Uk Id Card For Thai Wife

nigelandjan

Has anyone who is UK legally married to a Thai travelled with her new UK ID card to either Thai or a schengen visa country yet ?? I would be interested to know what happens when the customs see her passport visa has run out as the numptys dont stamp the passport anymore , but her ID card which has 2 names on ie her passport name and signed her married name does allow her to stay in the UK for 2 more years. Mabe I am cynical but I can see nothing but problems with this.. Do other airports have the facility to read these UK ID cards ??

Did the UK actually start issuing these yet ? I thought it wasn't due to start, for another year or two, perhaps time is passing quicker than I thought ! :o

Yes Ricardo we went for my wifes FLR in Nov 08 and she has one ,,,,,, everyone who applied for a FLR or ILR after Sep 08 will have been issued with these ,,, its a right carry on at Croydon because the people doing the biometric scanning are training on the job ,,,,,,, mabe now they are getting better at it , but when we went it was a 5 hour job . The daft thing about this card is it makes things look even more complicated because the name on the card has to match your wifes Thai passport name ,, but she has to sign with the name she is legally known by in the UK on the day of the card issue ie. her husbands surname ,,,,,, another ill thought out thing by the UKBA