Thais Visiting Europe

I think you'll find Andorra is in Western Europe.

Though don't ask me how a Thai can go from Thailand to Andorra direct. :o

That one didn't even come to mind when I had a quick look at the list. It has been a while since my last geography lesson. But Mr.Yahoo gave me a refresher lesson. http://education.yahoo.com/reference/dicti...y/entry/Andorra

I guess you might be able to transit through some airport to get there.

Quick question. Are there any countries in Europe where ordinary Thais don't need a visa for trips of a short duration?

Where is the person now?

If in the UK with a settlement or other visa valid for more than 6 months then they can enter Switzerland as a visitor for up to 30 days. Or at least, they used to be able to. Now that Switzerland is joining Schengen this may have changed, you can check with the Swiss embassy.

(Edit:

It appears from this page that this is no longer the case.)

I think Nothern (Turkish) Cyprus will allow entry as a visitor if a long term UK visa is held.

Gilbrater, too.

Edited by 7by7

Hey

Sorry But Andorra is not an option as there is no airport there, just like Monaco

Could fly in on a sea-plane to Monaco,

or a helicopter but you should know that despite being independent, in some aspects Monaco is still the responsibility of France and to get to Monaco one needs to land at Nice which is in France and therefore needs a visa.

As for the sea-plane a visa is still needed when you get on the rock.

I am afraid that, for any part of the old continent , one needs a Schengen visa

hoi

Just go to one of the embassy of a schengen country and apply for a tourist visa (this will give you choice of 30- 90 days)

Better take 30 days they will be more easy to give it to you.

make sure that you get a health insurance and proof that you can financialy take care of yourself when you are there when you apply.

I would try belgian or luxenburg embassy they are les stricked than german or french