One Day Massage Course

cm das

I have some friends coming from the states for a visit and they would like to do a one day Thai massage course, either in Chiang Mai or Pai. I know something about schools offering longer courses but I was hoping someone here could help point me towards places to go, or to avoid, for just a single day course.

In anticipation of some comments, let me say that I was a nationally certified massage therapist in the US. I know that you cannot really learn how to give a Thai massage in 1 day, or 1 week for that matter. But you can learn some principles and techniques, and there's nothing wrong with tourists try to do something educational with their brief time here, as long as they're under no illusions about what they're getting. Thanks in advance for any helpful replies.

I have some friends coming from the states for a visit and they would like to do a one day Thai massage course, either in Chiang Mai or Pai. I know something about schools offering longer courses but I was hoping someone here could help point me towards places to go, or to avoid, for just a single day course.

In anticipation of some comments, let me say that I was a nationally certified massage therapist in the US. I know that you cannot really learn how to give a Thai massage in 1 day, or 1 week for that matter. But you can learn some principles and techniques, and there's nothing wrong with tourists try to do something educational with their brief time here, as long as they're under no illusions about what they're getting. Thanks in advance for any helpful replies.

My wife runs a small day spa just outside Chiang Mai (Sansai area). She is a graduate of the Ayuverd School, Bangkok and has trained staff for spas both in Thailand and overseas. She may be willing to run a one day Thai massage familiarisation course. My e-mail is [email protected]. Could you provide dates, numbers, etc and I will ask her.