Ipod Touch

Crossy

OK

So the nice Indian chap is trying to sell me an iPod Touch, nice style. "Does it play mp4, Xvid etc??" answer "yes, it plays anything".

So the Apple site is less than helpfull, any owners tell me if this rather cool bit of kit will play all my xVid content without mucking about with converters etc.

Edited by Crossy

Nope.

The iPod only plays specific content. To play xvid/divx/mpg content, you'll have to convert it first (google for Videora iPod Converter).

Or one downloads the movies made for iPod/iPhone (of course I mean the legal stuff!)

Mp4.

Many things available on the Mp4 for iPod search

Crossy, it's not just the movie capability, it's a great toy with 1000's of applications available at low price from the Apple online store as well as many free applications Podcasts etc, I bought the 32 GB Touch and don't know how I lived without it !

I have the 80 GBiPod Classic too and that only has 7 GB of space left and it's a great thing to have, but the iPod Touch is something else, great fun.

No more boring flights with a iPod Touch in your hand. :o

Edited by Maigo6

OK

So the nice Indian chap is trying to sell me an iPod Touch, nice style. "Does it play mp4, Xvid etc??" answer "yes, it plays anything".

So the Apple site is less than helpfull, any owners tell me if this rather cool bit of kit will play all my xVid content without mucking about with converters etc.

you need to upload the video via ituner which is not a easy process.

it did take more a while to find out....for me I choose some players support drag and drop, life will be a lot easier.

I will recommend these models

Samsung P3 or iriver spinn