Newlywed Day 1

rideswings

Well I tied the knot yesterday and got married in BKK to my Thai GF I met online last July. My 84 year old mom came from the USA, and my wifes family came down from Udon for the simple ceremony. We didnt have any monks, no parades, no music, but we exchanged vows in front of our families, and are now on day one as a married couple. (She is still sleeping :o as I write this)

Our plans have changed a few times, but now we plan on honeymooning in Krabi and Phi Phi after a few days in Chiang Mai. I wanted to do it on motorcycle, but got talked out of it by my TV friends and everyone else! So, maybe we will rent a motorbike when we get to one of our honeymoon spots.

Thanks Tim and John and all the many well-wishers over the past few months, its been a long road but had a happy ending.

Congratulations!

Did you get an affidavit from your embassy certifying your eligibility to marry and then have that translated and certified by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and then go to a district office (Amphur) and complete the registration, each of you then receiving a fancy certificate?

TH

Congratulations, I wish You and the Ms many many years of all the joy and blessings possible. WOW!! :o MOM!! Your 84 year old mom made it to the wedding from the U.S., good for her that is a long trip, for the best of travelers. May I wish her a pleasant stay in Thailand and good health for many years to come. Now having said that you and the Ms get busy and give her some grandchildren as soon as possible. :D:D:D CHEERS

Edited by BigSnake

Well I tied the knot yesterday and got married in BKK to my Thai GF I met online last July. My 84 year old mom came from the USA, and my wifes family came down from Udon for the simple ceremony. We didnt have any monks, no parades, no music, but we exchanged vows in front of our families, and are now on day one as a married couple. (She is still sleeping :D as I write this)

Our plans have changed a few times, but now we plan on honeymooning in Krabi and Phi Phi after a few days in Chiang Mai. I wanted to do it on motorcycle, but got talked out of it by my TV friends and everyone else! So, maybe we will rent a motorbike when we get to one of our honeymoon spots.

Thanks Tim and John and all the many well-wishers over the past few months, its been a long road but had a happy ending.

Congrats mate,have a great honeymoon!! :o John

TH - No we did not go do all of that yet, but will in the future.

Bigsnake - My mom is pretty brave, and as a reward for her coming such a long way, I treated her to shopping every day in most of the places in BKK so she is happy. And we will try try try to get some grandchildren for her... :o

Thanks Tritex! Youve been a huge help!

Thanks Mario!

Time to wake the misses and get moving! Thanks to all!

Well I tied the knot yesterday and got married in BKK to my Thai GF I met online last July. My 84 year old mom came from the USA, and my wifes family came down from Udon for the simple ceremony. We didnt have any monks, no parades, no music, but we exchanged vows in front of our families, and are now on day one as a married couple. (She is still sleeping :o as I write this)

Congratulations!

All the best for you and your wife.

rgds

Sailor

Bigsnake - My mom is pretty brave, and as a reward for her coming such a long way, I treated her to shopping every day in most of the places in BKK so she is happy. And we will try try try to get some grandchildren for her... :o

Thanks Mario!

Then I assume you know you are not legally married. Keep trying for the kids.... :D

TH

Congrats mate. But what the hel_l are you doing on TV on the day after your wedding. You should be cuddling and snuggling in bed with the Mrs :o

yeah, I thought the same. Hopefully TV members are not the only friends rideswings has.

But anyway, all the best to the groom and your wife.

Have you been at the Thesaban already?

pls. tell us more about your new life as a husband

Congratus, mate. I hope you're keeping the pictures from the bachelor's party cause that's how close you'll ever get to the fun life :o Kidding, dude. Congrats!!!

Edited by alexth

So today is Married +2, has it sunk in yet, any regrets, have the bills arrived yet? :o

Congratulations, now quit hanging out here, go out and enjoy your honeymoon. Believe me, there is plenty of time for TV in years ahead as your marriage matures. :D

Congratulations I hope you have a lovely honeymoon, And a long and happy marraige.

Your story could be mine. I met my wife on the Internet, Came to meet her on 1st March 2007.

Went to the UK on a fiancee Visa Sept 2007 Got Married Jan 2008 Just Reg Office Wedding

I must say I felt Great that day, And 1 year on No Regrets at all.

28 years age differance No problem to my wife, I could not wish for anything more

You read a lot about the bad. That as not been my experience.

I wish for your marraige to be as good as mine

Before I met my wife Life was Crap Now it's GOOD Thanks to My wonderfull Thai Wife

I wish you bouth well Take care of each other

Regards Ken N Kate

After one day married and already on TV, do you realy have no better things to do

Thanks Mario!

Then I assume you know you are not legally married. Keep trying for the kids.... :D

TH

Avoids having to pay for a Divorce...... :D

Bigsnake - My mom is pretty brave, and as a reward for her coming such a long way, I treated her to shopping every day in most of the places in BKK so she is happy. And we will try try try to get some grandchildren for her... :D

Thanks Mario!

TH

Avoids having to pay for a Divorce...... :D

give him a break on his first day :o

Guys cut me some slack!!!!!!! I just wanted to let all the people who have been such great helps to me know how much I appreciate it! And please tell me, is there something else I am supposed to be doing now that I am married other than post on TV? Really, I dont know... hmmm...

We're heading to Chiang Mai in a few days and then off to Phi Phi

So I am not supposed to be posting on TV during my honeymoon, does that mean Im not supposed to be working either? Oops! Guilty...

Edited by rideswings