Importing Of Seeds Into The Country.

I just know someone will refer me to a previous posting, but here goes,I have a fairly large lawn which is watered continually from a local stream via a pump and yes it is quite green, but I have a lot of the broadleafed stuff which is becoming invasive along with a lack of grass in the shaded areas of the garden, my question is, what are the ins and outs of bringing grass seed in from England as Thompson and Morgan have developed seed that will grow in the shade and I would like to replace the broadleaved stuff.

Regards.

Same with me, had seeds sent from England more than once without a problem, you should be fine.

Thanks, I'm back in the U.K at the end of the month so what about bring in about 10kilo and going through customs, any problems?

• 4 weeks later...
Thanks, I'm back in the U.K at the end of the month so what about bring in about 10kilo and going through customs, any problems?

10Kg ??? That will take a chunk out of your allowed Luggage Allowance (usually 22 Kg including the case). Excess fees may be more that having DHL or similar ship for you. Worth checking out.

10Kg ??? That will take a chunk out of your allowed Luggage Allowance (usually 22 Kg including the case). Excess fees may be more that having DHL or similar ship for you. Worth checking out.

Actually Graham, fortunately I have a gold frequent flyier card with E.V.A. which allows me 44k of luggage so as this is only a quick trip with very little luggage as I still have a house etc in London, but it may just seem like a lot of seed to customs but thanks for your input.