Things I Can't Find

lethe

I have a very (simple) small little thing I have been trying to find :

- 75 - 90 cm black shoe strings.

Impossible to find ( so far I checked : 7xBATA Stores, Emporium and 3 Robbie's)

I think what you're talking about are shoe laces. That's what we call them in real Queens English. I live out in the sticks and most children go to school wearing black plimsoles, sneakers to Americans. Why the <deleted> do they have to be different ? Anyway my wife says black shoe laces/strings are available anywhere that sells childrens black plimsoles/sneakers, 20 Baht a pair. That's 10 Baht a foot if you're American. Edited by coventry

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My wife is looking for a shopping trolley. She dislike to have shopping bags hanging on her arms when she go market. But its seems impossible to find in Thailand

Does anybody know where to find it.

It took me a while to find a decent rot ken - a heavy duty folding luggage cart that I can take to Tesco's/Carrefour for the heavier shopping like a microwave. Add a Carrefour reusable shopping bag and you have a multi-role luggage/laundry/kitchen goods/shopping shifter.

It took some finding but I found mine at Robinson's Seacon Square in the luggage section.

I also added my existing TravelTow to make it easier to pull - something that your mrs might find useful (TV Posting on TravelTow)

Edit: Just seen the image above - my trolley is identical mechanically - just need to add the bag. 1000baht BTW.

Edited by phaethon

Re the carrying trolleys, just came back from the Thailand International Furniture Show at MTT today, and found at a small shop over in one corner an assortment of fabric case trolleys, two plastic wheels on bottom with almost small suitcase sized fabric box ontop with a top zipper entry, on sale for 200 baht a piece...

Of course, the arena/convention center has their own standard metal wire mesh box trolleys (or whatever they're called) that they loan out to visitors at their shows... Those are pretty indestructable...but not seen that variety for sale anywhere around these parts...

Walkers Crisps especialy Salt & Vinegar Flavour & Cheesy wotsits. I found some similar but they are not as yummy.

New Tops in the Central Beach mall had both of these plus quavers. AKA Foods behind Carrefour off Soi Yume has them too, and have also seen monstermunch but not sure which place

Villa stocks Walker's S&V.

Hey thanks for that info on the Walkers ect... I will sure put those places on my list.

I am also looking for some decent Wine Gums, preferably Maynards.... I found some Wine Gums in Foodland, a really small packet of about 10 for 10 bt... was wondering if anywhere stocks the big bags of them..

• 1 month later...

Why don't they have DR Pepper here. What's with that?

I'm not complaining but it does seem a bit odd.

They don't have Blu Tack in Holland! I lived there for a year and had to use masking tape to stick things on walls.

It's got nothing to do with this thread but it's still weird.

Email www.superproducts.co.th for store locations one in Rangsit and another near Mo Chit BTS (3Km)

every thing you asked for in your post (gardening equipment) can be bought there

I have a very (simple) small little thing I have been trying to find :

- 75 - 90 cm black shoe strings.

Impossible to find ( so far I checked : 7xBATA Stores, Emporium and 3 Robbie's)

Some of the shoe stores here sell lace-up shoes - but you gotta go to another store to get the laces - no jest. I buy tennies because I work outdoors every day. I cut one of the two laces in half and lace it alternative holes - so I have the other lace (also cut in half) to use for the next pair of tennis shoes. Probably saves me 15 baht per year (ha ha).

oh and, i'd like to add "Blow Pops" to this list.
Never heard of 'blow pops' but if she's got a phone#, please pass it on to me.

Here are some things that are difficult, if not impossible to find in Thailand:

wax sealer for toilet to floor

little plastic tile spacers - for laying tile

travel trailer

rotor tiller, either rear or front tine

felt paper or tar paper rolls

combination shingles or roll roofing

as set of 4 or 6 door locks/knobs keyed alike

pre-made metal brackets for wood

lengths of threaded galvy pipe less than six meters

cinder blocks - standard type in US, with 2 square holes

dry redi-mix cement in bags

grass seed

ground cover seed for conditioning soil, such as vetch, legumes, etc.

yellow wood glue

cement mixer smaller than standard large size (mortar mix size)

p.s. I'm based in northernmost Thailand, so that might explain

the paucity of some of the things mentioned above.

post-10297-1241316738_thumb.jpg