The Weather Is Getting Hot!

thailandlover

And it seems like its getting hot early and we all know it will only be getting hotter.

I find myself spending more time in the Tesco Lotus, the 7-11 and sleeping with the aircon on all night. :o

What are you doing to stay cool?

Bell bottom blue jeans - tight fishnet t-shirt and hewey lewis sunglasses :D

But seriously, when I get hot - I think about the hot season.

Plenty of cold drinks,plenty of showers and a cold towel on my had or neck when i am in the house.Try to keep off the booze in the day time and drink water,or buy the packets of energy drinks and add to ice cold water.

Good fan on your back and not direct into your eyes and you will be fine.If i go out i wear a cap and good quality sun glasses,so my eyes are not sore.If you are careful of the suns rays this is much better than England.

After living in a damp, cold depressing climate for 37 years the heat here really is a joy. I find sleeping downstairs more cooler then upstairs as heat rises and i don't like air con so ceiling fan, shorts, t-shirt and windows open works well for me and drink plenty of water very very important!

And it seems like its getting hot early and we all know it will only be getting hotter.

I find myself spending more time in the Tesco Lotus, the 7-11 and sleeping with the aircon on all night. :o

What are you doing to stay cool?

Bell bottom blue jeans - tight fishnet t-shirt and hewey lewis sunglasses :D

But seriously, when I get hot - I think about the hot season.

Love that 70s style.

A friend of mine is sleeping with wet clothes next to 2 fans. If the clothes dry through the night, he's taking a shower and goes to bed again with wet clothes.

Newbies kindly notice: Place the 2 fans ALWAYS on the same place.

it's fine to take a cold shower, bath or go for a swimm - but wet towels or wet clothes are not higienic and might leed to skin problems (prickly heat, fungus, bacterias) as well as catching pneumonia.

try to keep your skin dry, thai use talcum for that.

my favourite cooler is chang or leo on the rocks.

Edited by londonthai

Living in Jomtien ( Pattaya ) its been hot at night recently so i have had to keep the aircon on at night ,but i set it at 24c .( for echonomy ) .Was up in the Chiang Mai region 2 weeks ago and it actually felt chilly at night ,with no need for A/C .

Three or four cold showers a day, 3 liters or more of cool water daily, a trip to a major shopping center(w/AC) might not be bad if not to crowd. Hang out at the Hotels' swimming pool. By all mean stay out of the sun as much as possible, heat stroke can strike without much warning. :o

After living in a damp, cold depressing climate for 37 years the heat here really is a joy. I find sleeping downstairs more cooler then upstairs as heat rises and i don't like air con so ceiling fan, shorts, t-shirt and windows open works well for me and drink plenty of water very very important!

yes I'm from UK too :o

When in LOS, I can't live without the wet-one. It is a life saver for me. Actually, I don't mind the heat ( like the hot weather during the day time in the desert), but the extreme hot muggy heavy air that got a toll on me. :D:D

Not much choices, either lock yourself in a/c room or soak up in the pool ( if stay in a hotel), or take several showers daily ( if staying with relatives) what else can I do ? :o

The inner layer of my diving suite is constantly supplied with cold water from the ice box on my back, which can be easily refilled everywhere. I feel like in Norway. :o

Edited by Birdman

go to cameron highlands in malaysia. it is really cool there in april. by train from bangok to ipoh which is close by or fly KL then train or bus.

great golf course, hiking and plenty of cheap good accommodation.

Plenty of cold drinks,plenty of showers and a cold towel on my had or neck when i am in the house.Try to keep off the booze in the day time and drink water,or buy the packets of energy drinks and add to ice cold water.

Good fan on your back and not direct into your eyes and you will be fine.If i go out i wear a cap and good quality sun glasses,so my eyes are not sore.If you are careful of the suns rays this is much better than England.

Yes, I would do similar like you, patklang, I am in England at the moment and the weather has been very cold, wet and strong wind, I don't feel like going out even into my garden. It would be nice to be in Thailand at least you can stay outside with nice blue sky. My opinion, the warm weather is definitely better than cold and wet like in England. You are so lucky getting me jealious now.