New Bistro & Minimart

TBWG

Hi all

Well those of you who know Norbi's of Surin will be pleased to hear that he is opening a minimart and small Bistro :o on the Buriram Riviera (Friendz side.)

He will stock top German beers as well as a large selection of wines all at keen prices, along with a selection of European produce.

If it follows the Surin model he will also stock home cured hams and salami's. As well as providing a good menu of jumbo sized meals!

All my previous experience of Norbi's has been positive so I look forward to the opening on 2nd April, when I am told free Champers will be available!

As for the "curse of Buriram bars" Norbi has plenty of experience of running successful establishments so I expect him to stay the course.

TBWG :D

Hi all

Well those of you who know Norbi's of Surin will be pleased to hear that he is opening a minimart and small Bistro :D on the Buriram Riviera (Friendz side.)

He will stock top German beers as well as a large selection of wines all at keen prices, along with a selection of European produce.

If it follows the Surin model he will also stock home cured hams and salami's. As well as providing a good menu of jumbo sized meals!

All my previous experience of Norbi's has been positive so I look forward to the opening on 2nd April, when I am told free Champers will be available!

As for the "curse of Buriram bars" Norbi has plenty of experience of running successful establishments so I expect him to stay the course.

Good luck Norbie

The competition is getting smaller, as we speak :o

I will be in Bangkok and will have to wait a week to try the minimart, always been happy with my purchases from Norbi's.

Why not have a Buriram gettogether on say 7 April at noon at the new Norbi's Bistro?? :o

Good idea Ron, although in this heat 6pm is better for drinking. But more than 2 are needed and therein lies the problem

I will be in Bangkok and will have to wait a week to try the minimart, always been happy with my purchases from Norbi's.

Why not have a Buriram gettogether on say 7 April at noon at the new Norbi's Bistro?? :o

Good idea Ron, although in this heat 6pm is better for drinking. But more than 2 are needed and therein lies the problem

Upon reflection, perhaps we could achieve the same objective by all meeting up on Norbi's opening day/night, assuming that is if we are all invited. Now that would assure a good turn-out

Hi all

Well those of you who know Norbi's of Surin will be pleased to hear that he is opening a minimart and small Bistro :D on the Buriram Riviera (Friendz side.)

For more Info you can check his new website http://www.farangfoodparadise.de.tl   :o

Nice swish German website with Google translate function but I am still unsure if it is an 'open to all' openning-party ?

Anyone know? otherwise I might just have to resort to calling in at Norbies for some of his German Beer

Dave

Hi Bums

Well I have made an executive decision ... I am having a Bums meeting around midday at the New Minimart & Bistro i.e. Farang Food paradise on its opening day 2nd April. This unselfish move is purely to help them demolish their supply of Champers (goes well with Archa!). :D

Would appreciate some Buriram company to help control the Surin contingent who are threatening to arrive en masse!

PS Everyone welcome .... Baseball bats and crash helmets optional! :o

Buriram Bars report!

Today a quick drive around the Buriram Riviera revealed Friendz Closed, French restaurant 'Vinyl' open, new Bistro & Minimart (immediately opposite Vinyl) being stocked for opening. Paddies Irish bar closed with for sale sign up. :o

Would appreciate some Buriram company to help control the Surin contingent who are threatening to arrive en masse!

PS Everyone welcome .... Baseball bats and crash helmets optional! :o [/size][/font]

The Surin Contingent of 'Daves' has been organised and will be suitable armoured dressed.

Mmmm. That reminds me, I must write a will when I get something to leave to somebody!

Dave (No1)

Buriram Bars report!

Today a quick drive around the Buriram Riviera revealed Friendz Closed, French restaurant 'Vinyl' open, new Bistro & Minimart (immediately opposite Vinyl) being stocked for opening. Paddies Irish bar closed with for sale sign up. :o

Don't worry, the daft paddy will only be asking Bt50,000,000 or something plus a few more million for the franchise rights !

Not worth Bt500,000

Anybody know who will be running this Bistro/Shop?

I assume Norbie will stay in Surin and his Beer-buddy is not exactly Management potential in a service environment (plus his english is limited).

I think I got away with that discription in a polite sort of way :D:D:o:D:D

Dave

I assume Norbie will stay in Surin and his Beer-buddy is not exactly Management potential in a service environment (plus his english is limited).

I think I got away with that discription in a polite sort of way

Dave

Just Dave :D

Guess we will find out on the 2nd who will be pulling the beers there :D

I'll be coming on my motorbike and will possibly be leaving my helmet on for the duration :o

I think I got away with that discription in a polite sort of way :D:wai::D :D :D

Dave

Hi Daves

Just remembered Norbies right hand man made the comment (in good English) that getting staff in Buriram was proving difficult... they all wanted the money but not the work!

Sounds familiar. :o

TBWG aka Dave :P

My experience of getting staff in Buriram is that the bosses want t pay peanuts and then complain that not even the local monkeys will work for it.

Have we got a list of who is going and at what time ?

Satuk brigade arriving about noon, and Surin rear gunners arriving also about noon.

TBWG :o

Might even be a turnout (albeit small) from Prakhonchai in the deep south

So the Prakhonchai Light infantry will be performing one side of a pincer movement! :D .

TBWG :wai:

Hi

Just like to thank the staff of SFP for coping with todays onslaught of Hoodlums. :D

It was a good turnout and I for one, had a nice afternoon (without any punch-ups or SWAT teams raiding the place)

The grub was good too!! :P

It was very easy to find to, cos it was OPEN :o:D:D

Dave

Edited by Dave the Dude

Hi all

Well those of you who know Norbi's of Surin will be pleased to hear that he is opening a minimart and small Bistro :o on the Buriram Riviera (Friendz side.)

Hi I read all the post and now there was the Big Opening. How was it there are some pictures, how is the location, the stuff , and and and...

I will be there in June but .....?

Hi I read all the post and now there was the Big Opening. How was it there are some pictures, how is the location, the stuff , and and and...

I will be there in June but .....?

http://www.buriramexpats.com/forum/index.p...opic,576.0.html

In reply to your question on the other,other forum, my visitors book has UK,Ami's,Germans,Australians, Scandinavians,Swiss in that order, with the top four streets ahead. We get a lot of Germans and Swiss, because of course it used to be Swiss owned and they carry on from that.