Asean Countries And Import Tax

robblok

Wrong.

There is free trade of some goods amongst ASEAN countries of goods produced in those countries.

Unless your GPS is manufactured in, or a product of Singapore (or another ASEAN country) it will not qualify for duty free treatment under ASEAN free trade rules.

Of course, having said that, this is Thailand, so no-one could really predict what would happen if you imported a GPS - or anything else for that matter.

Wrong.

There is free trade of some goods amongst ASEAN countries of goods produced in those countries.

Unless your GPS is manufactured in, or a product of Singapore (or another ASEAN country) it will not qualify for duty free treatment under ASEAN free trade rules.

Of course, having said that, this is Thailand, so no-one could really predict what would happen if you imported a GPS - or anything else for that matter.

Thanks for making that clear, i was not sure about it. And you are correct even if it was made there you never know what kind of tax they would charge for it.

I had my sister buy me the Garmin Nuvi 200w in the UK (3500 baht as opposed to 13900 baht over here). then got her to take it out the box and send it to me first class and mark the contents as books.

It arrived four days later.

I then went to Pantip and had the Thai map downloaded onto it for another 800 baht.