Who Moderates The Moderators?

farangthai

Hi, just wondering how you select your moderators and whther they get any training or instruction?

A close friend of mine got himself suspended from posting the other day.

Discussing it with him, he totally accepts that he clearly had not read the rules closely enough and realised , after a clear explanation by one moderator on a thread to a second post before his suspension, that T.V had no choice but to remove his original post in order to comply with local law.

What did upset him and myself when hearing it, was the way in which the matter was handled.

firstly his original post was removed without any contact or explanation.

Thinking it was just a mess up in technology , he posted the original again, no doubt compounding the problem in the eyes of TV.

This got him a very abrubt and frankly, down right rude 'warning' from a moderator.

After then contacting both admin and the said moderator for advice on how he may word his post without breaking the rules, and waiting several hours without response he then attempted to post again , a post with little content that he could see that could be actually breaking the rules.

He then received another message from the moderator suspending his posting rights for 3 days.

this was 5 days ago and his permissions have still not been re instated.

This seems a shame when in connection with a site that is about Thailand, a country that I have always felt to have a very polite society on the whole.

May those of us farang who choose to live within and report apon this society should learn more from it and respect it more.