Spiderman Rescues Thai From Balcony

bridge

I just read the following story online. This guy certainly deserves a medal.

Fireman takes Spider-Man approach to rescue boy from balcony

From correspondents in Bangkok, Thailand

Agence France-Presse

March 24, 2009 03:33pm

A THAI fireman turned superhero when he dressed up as comic-book character Spider-Man to coax a frightened eight-year-old from a balcony, police say. Teachers at a special needs school in Bangkok alerted authorities yesterday when an autistic pupil, scared of going to lessons, sat out on the third-floor ledge and refused to come inside, a police sergeant said.

Despite teachers' efforts to beckon the boy inside, he refused to budge until his mother mentioned her son's love of superheroes, prompting fireman Sonchai Yoosabaito take a novel approach to the problem.

"My fireman rushed back to the fire station and took out his Spider-Man costume ... The boy immediately ran into his arms with a smile,'' Sergeant Virat Boonsadao said.

He said the fireman keeps the costume at work to liven up school fire drills.

I just read the following story online. This guy certainly deserves a medal.

Fireman takes Spider-Man approach to rescue boy from balcony

From correspondents in Bangkok, Thailand

Agence France-Presse

March 24, 2009 03:33pm

A THAI fireman turned superhero when he dressed up as comic-book character Spider-Man to coax a frightened eight-year-old from a balcony, police say. Teachers at a special needs school in Bangkok alerted authorities yesterday when an autistic pupil, scared of going to lessons, sat out on the third-floor ledge and refused to come inside, a police sergeant said.

Despite teachers' efforts to beckon the boy inside, he refused to budge until his mother mentioned her son's love of superheroes, prompting fireman Sonchai Yoosabaito take a novel approach to the problem.

"My fireman rushed back to the fire station and took out his Spider-Man costume ... The boy immediately ran into his arms with a smile,'' Sergeant Virat Boonsadao said.

He said the fireman keeps the costume at work to liven up school fire drills.

a gorgeous story. classic Thia inventiveness and what a laugh

nice to have a story with a POSITIVE ending !!

This story was on the front page of the sydney morning herald yesterday. He apparently also has an "Ultraman" suit (some japanese comic book character) as well for when his spiderman suit is at the cleaners

I was just reading this in my news clips. Absolutely fantastic story and great example of thinking outside the box.

Next time an Irishman threatens to jump off a building holding a baby they should call this guy and he can turn up wearing his Guinness or Irish Whisky bottle costume. :o

Seriously though, top points for initiative.

nice to have a story with a POSITIVE ending !!

This story was on the front page of the sydney morning herald yesterday. He apparently also has an "Ultraman" suit (some japanese comic book character) as well for when his spiderman suit is at the cleaners

Saw it on bbc world news channel this morning too. Just a short clip and mention, but was nice to see it hitting the international news.

A wonderful example of how things can be achieved easily by going about it the right way. Really admire how he handled the situation.

post-33493-1237960299_thumb.jpg