Which Major City Has The Best Suit For Your Dollar From Here Down To Pattaya

damian5000

Not necessarily which shop, but which area. I bought last year 3 shirts, 2 sets of pants, 3 ties, 1 jacket, all tailored for 6000-7000 baht in Pattaya. I don't want to go much over that, is Chiang Mai comparable price wise or are the best suit for your $$$'s in BKK?

Not necessarily which shop, but which area. I bought last year 3 shirts, 2 sets of pants, 3 ties, 1 jacket, all tailored for 6000-7000 baht in Pattaya. I don't want to go much over that, is Chiang Mai comparable price wise or are the best suit for your $$$'s in BKK?

I take it you are ignoring logistic's costs in this? I would think that after you get the best price for the same set of clothes you would need to factor in transportation and lodging costs (I, personally, want a fitting or two, not a one day in and out). And then, adding all that together, will probably figure out your best deal is where you live.

I take it you are ignoring logistic's costs in this? I would think that after you get the best price for the same set of clothes you would need to factor in transportation and lodging costs (I, personally, want a fitting or two, not a one day in and out). And then, adding all that together, will probably figure out your best deal is where you live.

Yea, I'm ignoring those costs.. :o I'm only asking where the best bang for the buck is city wise... Chiang Mai, BKK, Pattaya. The rest you can let me figure out.

Yea, I'm ignoring those costs.. :o I'm only asking where the best bang for the buck is city wise... Chiang Mai, BKK, Pattaya. The rest you can let me figure out.

That could be quite a task for you damian5000.

Hardy har har...now which f'n city has the best suit costs.

Khun Damian5k,

Chiang Mai may not have the bristling fake-fur you require, but Bangkok has more experience with straight-jackets.

~o:37;

Khun Damian5k,

Chiang Mai may not have the bristling fake-fur you require, but Bangkok has more experience with straight-jackets.

~o:37;

Christ, and this monkey too?

Excepting Aussiechick...Thanks much for a straight answer.

Do not let Neramit Tailor in Chiang Mai make you anything! I had a suite and three silk shirts made by him. Of course what he didn't know that I was not a tourist and that I would be around to make sure no one else got ripped off by his sloppy work. It was a total disaster. Course some of the fault was mine, because I was going to a wedding and did not take the time to check everything....just trusted that he would do the right thing and make me a suite that fit and was of good quality. Nothing fit, and the shirts fell apart after the first couple of cleanings. The crotch did not fit at all (first sigh on good tailoring is a good crotch fit).............the material was not what I had agreed on in the first place........again my fault for just picking up the suite and taking it blindly. My biggest mistake was letting him know that I was going somewhere in a hurry........yep,,,,,that was a big one!!!

Any hoo................don't go there.........I have heard of lots of great stories of folks who have gotten excellent suites from Thai tailors so just get a good referral from someone you trust.

Cheers,

Bill

Do not let Neramit Tailor in Chiang Mai make you anything! I had a suite and three silk shirts made by him. Of course what he didn't know that I was not a tourist and that I would be around to make sure no one else got ripped off by his sloppy work. It was a total disaster. Course some of the fault was mine, because I was going to a wedding and did not take the time to check everything....just trusted that he would do the right thing and make me a suite that fit and was of good quality. Nothing fit, and the shirts fell apart after the first couple of cleanings. The crotch did not fit at all (first sigh on good tailoring is a good crotch fit).............the material was not what I had agreed on in the first place........again my fault for just picking up the suite and taking it blindly. My biggest mistake was letting him know that I was going somewhere in a hurry........yep,,,,,that was a big one!!!

Any hoo................don't go there.........I have heard of lots of great stories of folks who have gotten excellent suites from Thai tailors so just get a good referral from someone you trust.

Cheers,

Bill

So, I wasn't the only person to have a negative experience with Neramit. He did come to my house three times to fit me for a shirt and pants. That part was good. When I first got the shirt back (Parachatan style) the front pocket was not placed well and had to be moved, and the collar was clearly crooked to look at. All replaced fairly easily. The pants, requested to be black cotton, were brown and very cheaply died black. The black pants turned light brown after the third wash.. Cost 3,000 baht.