Best Option For Married Couple

Hi,

My husband & I have been talking about buying some land in Khon Kaen when we come back to LOS in March & I want to ask which is the best way to protect both our interests.

We are married, I am English( 29), he is Thai (35) & we live in the UK, he on a residency visa with future plans to apply for British citizenship. We would like any land or property we bought to be equal share for us both & any future business we may create should we return to LOS to have the same co-owner (directorship?) status.

Can anyone advise on the best route to go, starting with land buying & for any future business/es we may later have? Also any good lawyers, company formation specalists that can advise us in the right way & advise on wills & land/proprty inheritence, as although we have no children at the moment, I wan't to make sure that future kids will be protected & that my family in the UK will have any rights to my half of property should I die childless. (morbid but sensible thought!)

Cheers

Boo

Boo,

Contact the International Law Office in Phuket, ask for Friedrich Fauma and then, after presenting your sit. to him, ask and insist on the free 30-min. consultation (in person, on the phone or via email) with the Thai "heavy" who does the real hardball deals. You'll be well on your way to getting out the starting gate error-free.

There are many others in various locations in LOS who can help & advise you, but the nod goes to the "heavy".

Goodluck!

Boo:

If I were you I would make an appointment to speak with Sunbelt. All your queries look like they're right up their avenue (plus Greg is a really nice guy!).

Also, keep in mind that as a farang woman married to a Thai man your legal situation is slightly different to us farang men with Thai wives.

Good luck

SM :o

My husband & I have been talking about buying some land in Khon Kaen when we come back to LOS in March & I want to ask which is the best way to protect both our interests.

My wife and her family have some land in Khon Kaen going cheap. PM me, if you're interested. BTW, my step-daughter loves your Avatar !

Boo if you get any further info on this it would be good to hear about it. I'm in the same boat really and would like to know just what exactly the legal differences are for us girls with Thai husbands. There's not a huge wealth of information out there...

ok, so I mailed sunbelt yesterday with an outline, will let you guys know if there is anything different for farang girls with thai husbands. I'll be over in March to hopefuly complete company registration & look to buy some land but will update as & when I get more info. maybe put this in the Ladies section too!